Default Game crashing ~20 seconds into Shop Area

I'm posting on my friend's behalf about this problem: Whenever he enters the Shop Area, the game will crash after a while. The crash is exclusive to the Shop Area, and it crashes like all programs do -- white out, then followed by the "PSO2 has stopped working" notification. Other areas are completely fine.

He has tried every single troubleshooting function and has also tried adjusting the graphical settings to no avail. Would anyone happen to know the fix to this problem?

Perform datacheck?
    Sounds like game files appear to be corrupted or something.
    Also don't apply prepatch data until the next maintenance or it'll also break the game.

Exclamation The Really Dumb Friend RanRii mentioned

Ehehehehe..... yeaahhh, I wish I'd found this sooner...
    Hello, this is that stupid friend ranrii was talking about
    And I kind of already applied the latest pre-patch ......
    I don't suppose there's a way to reverse it?

Quote Originally Posted by thelegendaryrevan View Post
    Ehehehehe..... yeaahhh, I wish I'd found this sooner...
    Hello, this is that stupid friend ranrii was talking about
    And I kind of already applied the latest pre-patch ......
    I don't suppose there's a way to reverse it?
    Actually, eh... i don't think there's no way to revise that, unless you have backup.
    Have to perform datacheck and redownload lots of stuff in order to download the "broken files" and making sure that everything are back in check.
    If you're living on third world and redownloading the "broken" files are not an option, then try to wait until the next maintenance, the appointed game update, then all you have to do are downloading another 400MB for prepatched game (your game are counted as prepatched because all files already moved to the main game folder)

If you choose to recheck your stuff and redownload everything now, then you have to redownload about 1,6GB and another 2GB when the update hits tomorrow.

Next maintenance are starting in about 13 hours from the time this post are posted.
    Last edited by wefwq; Jul 21, 2015 at 05:59 AM.

So if I just wait for the next update (which should be tomorrow for JP, right?), then all I have to do is download the update and run the missing files check?

Quote Originally Posted by thelegendaryrevan View Post
    So if I just wait for the next update (which should be tomorrow for JP, right?), then all I have to do is download the update and run the missing files check?
    Yes, wait until when game update are up and you only have to download 400MB like everyone else since the server assumed that your game file already prepatched.