Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSO2.exe has stopped responding (╥﹏╥)

The error message is actually "PSO2.exe has stopped working"

It doesn't always crash instantly, it doesn't always crash in the same areas, there isn't a set time pattern and there isn't always an error message
    I have to restart the PC otherwise it crashes on the first loadscreen or even before I enter my login details ... even on the SEGA screen (but that was NP1015 not PSO2.exe has stopped working)

So here's a few things I've tried:

- every possible troubleshooting option on the Tweaker
    - installed latest graphic drivers and other related software
    - uninstalled and reinstalled the game,updates and patches
    - enabled compatibility mode for PSO.exe
    - disabled all other programs except the core windows programs which are absolutely necessary
    - turned down all graphical settings ingame and on the tweaker
    - set from virtual fullscreen to fullscreen (instant crash)
    - set on windowed mode 640x480 (eventual crash)
    - deleted PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder in Documents/SEGA
    - reset setting for the game via the tweaker
    - launched on a different windows user profile (admin)
    - launched from the pso2launcher.exe instead of the tweaker

And more but I cant remember, either way all of which allowed me to play the game anywhere from 10 to 60 minutes(sometimes slightly longer than that) or just instantly killed the game...

I'm guessing this has nothing to do with the game files but rather a problem with my system

Here's some info about my PC
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    S: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1)
    64 Bit OS?: True
    Tweaker is located at: C:\Users\XXXX\Desktop\PSO2 Tweaker
    .NET Version: 4.0.30319.18444
    System has been on for: 2.214 hours

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz 2.93GHz
    RAM: 3,00 GB
    DirectX version: DirectX 11
    Free space - (C:) 29 GB (D:) 668 GB
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game installation info
    PSO2 Directory: D:\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin
    Current game version: v30700_rc_91
    Item Translation: True
    EN Patch version installed: patch_2015_07_30
    Large Files version installed: 7/8/2015
    Story Patch version installed: 7/1/2015
    Size of PSO2 data/win32 folder: ~34GB

Any ideas or tips for a possible solution would be greatly appreciated even if it doesn't end up fixing my problem, thank you!
    Last edited by Ayumi23; Aug 3, 2015 at 06:41 AM.
    Sig image is over-sized, reduce to 600x180 px & 49KB.

a lot of the people that upgraded to windows 10 are have that same issues. I also have updated and have that issues and I've tired a lot of the things you listed myself but as you said nothing really worked, I'd suggest maybe waiting on the next update to fix things since there already working on fixing this issues on windows 10's side the fix should probably help you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by keroseazle View Post
    a lot of the people that upgraded to windows 10 are have that same issues. I also have updated and have that issues and I've tired a lot of the things you listed myself but as you said nothing really worked, I'd suggest maybe waiting on the next update to fix things since there already working on fixing this issues on windows 10's side the fix should probably help you as well.
    I don't have windows 10 but I see how it could be a issue tied with the operating system
    I guess I'll upgrade at some point to see if it fixes this
    thanks for the reply though
    Last edited by Ayumi23; Aug 4, 2015 at 03:58 AM.

Well I tried just about everything at this point so all I can do now is wait for the latest patch and/or upgrade to windows 10... hopefully that will resolve my issue.

if u are using tweaker, some said its the proxy by cyber kitsune that is causing the issue for today's patch. as i m in SEA area, i cannot test without said proxy,

Quote Originally Posted by akasuna91 View Post
    if u are using tweaker, some said its the proxy by cyber kitsune that is causing the issue for today's patch. as i m in SEA area, i cannot test without said proxy,
    Uhm... this has nothing to do with the latest patch... this has been an issue for me since I started playing the game like a week ago

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

You have a relatively old system. Are you running the game on super high settings? Your processor is from 2009, and your ram is pretty low too. I wouldn't be surprised if you were just running out of memory, or something similar. Try running the game on lower settings. I'm suggesting this because your machine is barely above minimum specs, for the most part.
    Last edited by Nitro Vordex; Aug 10, 2015 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    You have a relatively old system. Are you running the game on super high settings? Your processor is from 2009, and your ram is pretty low too. I wouldn't be surprised if you were just running out of memory, or something similar. Try running the game on lower settings. I'm suggesting this because your machine is barely above minimum specs, for the most part.
    I've listed that I already tried the game on the lowest possible settings

Also after running a Windows Memory Diagnostics it has detected some problems

I have two DDR2 RAM slots (currently 1GB+2GB) and I will be getting two new 2GB modules today (would go for 2x 4GB but cannot because of my budget limit) hopefully the processor isn't the issue and the new memory modules fix my crashing problem

The last resort will be a clean install of windows and I'd like to avoid that if possible (since it took me almost 3 days to download and install the game)

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!!!!!!

After a solid 3 hours of gameplay without crashing I can confirm I had malfunctioning RAM modules

(Who knew that after 5 years of non-stop usage those memory thingy's get worn out huh?)

In the end I figured out the solution myself after I was prompted to do a memory check by the system itself

Nitro Vordex had the right idea so thumbs up to him (just a couple days late :P)

NOW... I can lose my life in this game and fully enjoy it!!!

congratulation on that, FYI pso2 is not registry bound nor location bound, so you can just move the folder to other disk and direct tweaker to that new place before re-install OS