Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sucks that it seems people have not figured out how to get Windows 7 users up and running. (with exceptions)
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Best hide your food when I'm around! Mystic_Nessly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xBladeM6x View Post
    Sucks that it seems people have not figured out how to get Windows 7 users up and running. (with exceptions)
    Coincidentally I've been messing around with it last night / today. Borrowed my uncle's machine for testing.

fresh install of Win 8 x64 - worked
    fresh install of Win 10 tech preview x64 - worked
    fresh install of Win7 Home Premium + SP1 x86 - no go
    resh install of Win7 Home Premium + SP1 x86 + ALL Windows updates available - no go

* Also tried the latest version of PPSSPP that was release today (1.0), but same results.

I have no idea what could be causing the issue.

Keep in mind, that if you have that infinite loading glitch, you CAN still play with others. It's just that you can't be the host if you have that glitch.

I have Win8 on my personal machines, but if I were in your shoes and wanted to host games, I would seriously install Win8 or Win10 tech preview (available free) at least as a 2nd OS on your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic_Nessly View Post
    Coincidentally I've been messing around with it last night / today. Borrowed my uncle's machine for testing.

fresh install of Win 8 x64 - worked
    fresh install of Win 10 tech preview x64 - worked
    fresh install of Win7 Home Premium + SP1 x86 - no go
    resh install of Win7 Home Premium + SP1 x86 + ALL Windows updates available - no go

* Also tried the latest version of PPSSPP that was release today (1.0), but same results.

I have no idea what could be causing the issue.

Keep in mind, that if you have that infinite loading glitch, you CAN still play with others. It's just that you can't be the host if you have that glitch.

I have Win8 on my personal machines, but if I were in your shoes and wanted to host games, I would seriously install Win8 or Win10 tech preview (available free) at least as a 2nd OS on your machine.
    Installed Win10 on a separate HDD, and it works great. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Last edited by xBladeM6x; Feb 6, 2015 at 08:48 PM.

This is making me reconsider getting back into Infinity. It's been a while.
    PSO2 Character Information:
    Ciel Di'Mattrio: F Newman, HU75/FI75/RA75/GU75/FO72/TE72/BR75/BO75
    Thalia Fortuna: F Human, FO73/TE74/BR70/BO60

Best hide your food when I'm around! Mystic_Nessly's Avatar

Installed Win10 on a separate HDD, and it works great. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Wohoo. Glad to hear it! If you ever feel like it, feel free to join the Evolve group to play sometime.

Yerp, yerp. As with xBladeM6x, installing Windows 10 did the trick and I can play via the default setting on Coldbird's Pro Online server. I'm assuming I'll have the same success if I were to try with Evolve.

How I've missed you, MAI IV.
    PSO2 Character Information:
    Ciel Di'Mattrio: F Newman, HU75/FI75/RA75/GU75/FO72/TE72/BR75/BO75
    Thalia Fortuna: F Human, FO73/TE74/BR70/BO60

A caseal contruction lab, someplace on the guardians colony...

Please tell me this works with PSP1 as well... Friend and I have been trying to play that and -infinite loading screeeeeeen-. We can get so close... One of us can get into missions and the other to the mission counter but that's as far as we go.

Making a Mega Man clone! Check it out! http://gigaguygame.blogspot.com/

Kinda off topic, but is the game finally glitch free in this emulator? I remember textures disappearing depending on the angle you were looking at them, and some other things. I'm not touching the emulated version unless it looks flawlessly beautiful like Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 do.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    Kinda off topic, but is the game finally glitch free in this emulator? I remember textures disappearing depending on the angle you were looking at them, and some other things. I'm not touching the emulated version unless it looks flawlessly beautiful like Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 do.
    It's basically perfect now. In the Graphics options, you'll see an option you need to check called Phantasy Star Portable 2 Depth Fix. That's what fixes that graphical stuff. If you want to play multiplayer, you need to be using Windows 8 or 10 Preview. (Or 7 if you're one of the lucky few)

Wohoo. Glad to hear it! If you ever feel like it, feel free to join the Evolve group to play sometime.
    I'll have to give it a try since I've never used Evolve. I look forward to it. :P

It's basically perfect now. In the Graphics options, you'll see an option you need to check called Phantasy Star Portable 2 Depth Fix. That's what fixes that graphical stuff. If you want to play multiplayer, you need to be using Windows 8 or 10 Preview. (Or 7 if you're one of the lucky few)
    Thanks! just updated it, but, texts in chats are still unreadable, was this solved with some other option?