Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default The Killing Of A Class!! Tech nerf update

You know, I can't really complain much because I knew this was coming sooner or later. So I was prepared for it.

BUT!

Is it me, or are we getting this patch MUUUUCH quicker than JP got theirs? If I recall correctly, they got their patch a few months after MF.

Angry The Killing Of A Class!!

After reading what is going down tonight with this maintenance I got really happy when I read about all the bug fix's. The only thing that was A big let down was the Tech's being displayed as lvl 21 tech's!!!! This, for me, is going to kill my MasterForce!!!! Every morning as well as at night, before I went to bed and after I had been running missions all day, I would spend a few hour's just leveling spells!!! Now to hear all that work was in vain is a BIG BLOW to me!!! Now if the Technics still come off as level 41 to me, but only 21 to others then the blow is not as bad, but still a blow none the less. I know this was done to make all the other players happy who aren't playing as Force's or MasterForce's and who are experiancing slow down, but what about making the non Ank Jabroga or Tornado Dance user's happy by not allowing these attacks to knock enemy's all over the place! There is now no real way to tell apart the ForteTecher's or MasterForce's without a player telling you. Even as a ForteTecher this would upset me to play all this time with Technics maxed at level 40, just to have them reverted back to a lvl 21 Technic. Maybe these blow's would not be as bad if the MasterForce class had somthing given to them to compensate for this, but number one, we would have to have more people than just my self to complain about the Technics just as the MasterForce's were complained on, and number two, the compensation would have to be BIG!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OG GhettoNerd View Post
    After reading what is going down tonight with this maintenance I got really happy when I read about all the bug fix's. The only thing that was A big let down was the Tech's being displayed as lvl 21 tech's!!!! This, for me, is going to kill my MasterForce!!!! Every morning as well as at night, before I went to bed and after I had been running missions all day, I would spend a few hour's just leveling spells!!! Now to hear all that work was in vain is a BIG BLOW to me!!! Now if the Technics still come off as level 41 to me, but only 21 to others then the blow is not as bad, but still a blow none the less. I know this was done to make all the other players happy who aren't playing as Force's or MasterForce's and who are experiancing slow down, but what about making the non Ank Jabroga or Tornado Dance user's happy by not allowing these attacks to knock enemy's all over the place! There is now no real way to tell apart the ForteTecher's or MasterForce's without a player telling you. Even as a ForteTecher this would upset me to play all this time with Technics maxed at level 40, just to have them reverted back to a lvl 21 Technic. Maybe these blow's would not be as bad if the MasterForce class had somthing given to them to compensate for this, but number one, we would have to have more people than just my self to complain about the Technics just as the MasterForce's were complained on, and number two, the compensation would have to be BIG!!!!!!
    O dang dats messed up homie.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Compensation could be all those people who were jerks and posted "NO MF PLZ OMGROFLZORZ" into the comment area and being booted when you joined parties because "party leader doesn't like being lagged."

But yeah, if I played a force class and had this happen to my techs, I'd be pretty upset also. Hopefully they do do something to offer a bit of compensation for it, maybe making them all a teensy-weensy bit stronger? Just bump them all an extra..... 5-10%? Like I said, I don't play Force classes so I'm not sure if that'd make a huge difference or not, but it'd be something, at the very least. I know I got visual lag, but I just cranked my resolution down when I went to play my Master classes so it wasn't as severe as it would have been.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Why bother about others not seeing your techs at their full glory? >_>;
    You can Still see it...what's the problem there?

Or Do you also want to see Other MFs techs too?
    Last edited by ashley50; Jan 20, 2009 at 12:47 PM.

You can still see the Techs at 41+, it's just others who see them as 21. Techers need to stop being so selfish and stop complaining and be thanking Sega for this. This update means not as many Techers will get booted from parties.

Seriously, stop complaining and be a little more thankful that you no longer have to solo as a Masterforce.
    Xbox 360 - IFI HATERZ IUI
    Knight - 160 Cast GM-20 [Main]
    Angelo - 160 Beast GM-1 too lazy to level GM xp
    Remiel - 30ish... FT-1 who cares

If I understood everything about this update, techs should still display as level 41+ for you. They were nerfed because of the inconvenience to other players.

But just to make sure I understand your wall of text: You are upset that you can't make the game more difficult to other players by filling the screen with gigantic balls of light which completely obscure the battlefield and, in some cases, make the game nearly unplayable.

You are upset that you can't show off, basically.

There is now no real way to tell apart the ForteTecher's or MasterForce's without a player telling you.
    Or you could hit CTRL a few times (Or whatever the PS2/360 equivalent is) until "Fortetecher" or "Masterforce" appears over that player's head. or you could, time permitting, go through the party menu and view that player's stats.

Beyond that, you don't seem to fully realize that this is a purely graphical modification and does not effect the speed, damage or other effects of the attacks. Your comparison to Tornado dance and Ank Jabroga is therefore completely moot.
    =Smidge=

Quote Originally Posted by KuroShinnen View Post
    You can still see the Techs at 41+, it's just others who see them as 21. Techers need to stop being so selfish and stop complaining and be thanking Sega for this. This update means not as many Techers will get booted from parties.

Seriously, stop complaining and be a little more thankful that you no longer have to solo as a Masterforce.
    I agree.

Thank you Sega for your crappy programming and one solution fits all laziness!

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

This is something that seems huge, but will end up being insignificant in a few weeks. I would actually feel more slighted as a non-techer class, as I would not be able to see all of the techs in all of their big, explode-y glory.

As a techer, you will still be able to see your techs at 31+ and 41+ so what is the big deal?

The only thing that gets me is the total lack of testing that ST did for this. If these techs were tested even a little bit pre-release, the lag should have been caught and their visuals should have been reworked for use without lag. Hell, nothing on this game should lag; even a PS2 should be able to run this game smoothly. Just another check mark in the list of incompetancies for this company....

Quote Originally Posted by ashley50 View Post
    Why bother about others not seeing your techs at their full glory? >_>;
    You can Still see it...what's the problem there?
    Still, that's not the problem. Several friends, myself included, have gaming pc's built for handling these...and more. Some of them don't play techer and still want to see the fx. Why should they be nerfed when they have a pc more then capable of handling it?

Granted, people are getting pissed about this for the wrong reasons. PS2 should not have to deal with the tech lag/spam. Still, the option should be there for PC/360 players who desire to see the fx (still not sure how bad they lag on 360, but still should be up to the players to turn on/off).

Seriously, how would you feel after spending a decent amount of cash on a gaming rig, only for the company that made it to tell you "uh, ps2 users lag so we're just taking them out". I've said it many, many times before...it's just a lazy fix that needs to be resolved. Then the people who get lagged or are blinded by the techs don't have to look at them. The people who want eye candy can still leave them on. A simple enough solution, that is far from simple with segac.