Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow for Nintendo 3DS XL

Its been exactly 1 month since I bought my Nintendo 3DS XL. The time when I bought a 3DS XL, its already in-package.
    (3DS XL + 1 FREE GAME + ACCESSORIES)

My only game is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Any game suggestions?

I prefer RPG and games that take time to master.

Have you ever considered Shin Megami Tensei IV? The game is pretty amazing for a handheld RPG, with a great story and gameplay, and the visuals are pretty superb for 3DS. It was on sale not too long ago, but I don't know if it's had an actual price drop or anything. There's also Fire Emblem Awakening, which is a great Strategy RPG.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

I'd second Fire Emblem: Awakening, which is probably one of the best looking and best playing titles on the system to date. Project X Zone is alright as well, but it pretty much carries itself on fanservice. You'll definitely get much more out of the game if you're already familiar with it's cast of charters, but even if you're not, many of them are lively and likable enough to enjoy seeing them for the first time. Xiaomu and "princess" Devilotte de Deathstan being two that I never heard of, but really had fun with. Imca from VCIII had me scouring the internet for a copy of the game and the English patch.

Also, Frank West and Hisen-Ko make a surprisingly cute couple.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Apr 21, 2014 at 08:25 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I played the demo and enjoyed it, haven't gotten around to buying it though. (Project X Zone)

I'd also second the Fire Emblem, a few people I know finished the game some time ago and are still grinding it some more. Something you might like is the Phoenix Wright series, if you like text adventures/puzzles. Pokemon can take forever too.

I say Bravely Default is a pretty good RPG, if you like Final Fantasy. Fire Emblem: Awakening is also a nice choice. I still put hours into it even after I finished the game.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

Its been said already but all you need is pokemon, bravely default, fire emblem and maybe phoenix wright and professor layton.
    Last edited by Vintasticvin; Apr 22, 2014 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Forgotten something

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Fire Emblem: Nuff said. Unless you're not much into strategy games. Also it's 1/4th dating sim.

Conception 2: Like persona 3 and 4 but nothing like persona 3 and 4 and you get to talk to and date kawaii anime girls n shit to make children with them that'll come from the future and help you take on dungeons.

Kingdom Hearts DDD: for a parkour HARDCORE Action RPG with really nice graphics, even though the game is big and empty and linear and the fake pokemon concept replacing party members isn't cool and it's my least favorite KH game. The last few hours of the game gameplaywise get really intense like all the other game's of the series.

Pokemon X or Y: It's pokemon it'll always be "Okay" at worst, I have no regrets buying this at all and it's one of my favorite pokemon games now and it has greninja. My only gripe is that the whole game feels like one long linear tutorial into the world MLG POKEMON BREEDING/BATTLING. And yeah they're both the same game I just chose the blue one.

Bravely Default: I'm not too fond of the art style or the way the battle animation looks, this art style was fine on the DS games FF3 and FF4 and four heroes of light but something about it turns me off on the 3DS Also I didn't enjoy the demo but that's just my opinion, in general people are saying it's a good game.

Shin Megami Tensei IV: I know nothing about this game, and I'm a noob to the SMT series in general. But this game looks console quality, and the series in general is good. Which means it has to be at least decent.

Animal Crossing: The Ultimate Casual game since the Sims but made in japan and by nintendo so it's cuter and more colorful and more iconic. I'm a fan of the series but sadly this one I wouldn't call my favorite even if I've been waiting for it to come out for years. And at the same time it might be one of the best in the series since the DS version.

My gripe with this compared to past games however is that it early in it feels like the game loves limiting how many things you can get done in the game, so it just becomes a boring daily pattern until you work to unlock more things. But because of that is probably why they took out time traveling penalties.

Well these are all the RPG/RPG-like game's I've tried/owned(cept SMT4 but c'mon it's SMT) and you already have monster hunter 3.

I took the time to write all this because I'm clearly procrastinating something. <_<

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Zelda and Mario Kart are the only games I've bought physical copies of. I play Pokemon and Animal Crossing several times a week still, great games with a lot of replay value. I would totally get MH3 if it could go online without tethering to a WiiU.

I spend MOST of my time on the 3DS writing music in Korg M01D from the eShop, though.

Rune Factory 4 is my personal favorite. It's super pretty, and so much to do, will take long to "master" everything. 3 story arcs to finish, so when you think you've finished the game, you're only 1/3 of the way done story-wise. Even after the story, there's other things like the final dungeon, crafting, skill leveling, literal farming, friendship/dating/marriage/having a child, dress-up, etc...

The characters of both genders are really loveable, and it's one of the few(or only?) RPGs that offers the best of gender equality when it comes to romance. You can choose to play any gender, and there will be the same full experience on both. You won't have lesser bachelors than a male would have bachelorettes.

If you don't mind playing a guy character with a female harem, then all of the previous Rune Factory games might be good for you too. Particularly, Rune Factory 3 is highly praised along with 4.
    Though, I find even with the past games having only female romantic interests, that they are actually charming even for someone who isn't into females. Probably because it's not ecchi, and has more importance in their personality(like friendship).

It's more of an ARPG, I think, since the battle system is like real-time rather than turn-based.

Basically, if you like ARPGs and Life Sim games(Harvest Moon + RPG), you'd love this.
    Last edited by Vetur; Apr 23, 2014 at 01:53 AM.
    Ship 9 - Kouki Elska

The starfox 64 remake is very good, as is the mgs3 remake (once you get used to the controls, they are very bizarre). I probably have most hours clocked on tales of the abyss though. Great little game.