Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JRDeBo View Post
    Other then PP revival, I have no clue what type of build to go for with my FO
    I feel your pain. Eventually I'd like to go for the freeze and shock boosting skills. I like status useful status effects.

Quote Originally Posted by goldwing View Post
    Coolness thanks for the hunters. Anyone know a place that tells u what each skill dose now?
    This thread has basic descriptions of skills.

This wiki in Japanese has some more detailed effects listed. You'll probably want to translate it if you can't read Japanese.

Outstanding little tool, thanks so much!

Hey, Rangers, does this look like a viable defensive / mobility build for soloing?

Quote Originally Posted by -Nightingale- View Post
    Outstanding little tool, thanks so much!

Hey, Rangers, does this look like a viable defensive / mobility build for soloing?
    For the passive stat boosters in the skill chart, you'll want to concentrate on the earlier ones before you move on to the later ones. Both those that show up early in the tree and late in the tree provide the same bonus so you'll get more bang for you skill points of you concentrate in one ala this. Unless you're trying to get more skills further down the tree, that is.

Personally, as a ranger, I'm gonna max weak bullet since with proper timing and PA usag it can be devastating both solo and in a party.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoNovember View Post
    This thread has basic descriptions of skills.

This wiki in Japanese has some more detailed effects listed. You'll probably want to translate it if you can't read Japanese.
    Ty i knew there was a thread for it just wasnt sure where.
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    For the passive stat boosters in the skill chart, you'll want to concentrate on the earlier ones before you move on to the later ones. Both those that show up early in the tree and late in the tree provide the same bonus so you'll get more bang for you skill points of you concentrate in one ala this. Unless you're trying to get more skills further down the tree, that is.
    Thanks, Mike.

I see what you mean about holding out with the early stat boosters, but you're right, some of those later unlockables are pretty tempting. I'm gonna rethink my original build with your approach in mind.

Cheers!

Is it worth it to have Step Attack on my Hunter?

Personally I really like Step Attack because it lets me go straight into a combo immediately after dashing. But it's on a separate branch from all the other skills that I feel like I'm wasting my SP on that branch...

Also I really want to have all the Gears.... but only the Sword Gear seems useful at this time.... arrrrgh so many decisions!!

Doesn't the sword gear only increase the charging speed of PAs? And doesn't Sword only have one charged PA?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Personally, as a ranger, I'm gonna max weak bullet since with proper timing and PA usag it can be devastating both solo and in a party.
    Maxing weak bullet only reduces the cooldown by 30 seconds and allows you to use it on 4 enemies at once. Personally, while the cooldown reduction is nice, don't think I would find enough situations where using weak bullet would be worth the time it would take to get all 4 shots applied, considering they cannot be used on the same enemy, they do no damage, and while you're applying the rest of the shots the first one will run out that much sooner.
    Last edited by kdrakari; Jun 19, 2012 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kdrakari View Post
    Maxing weak bullet only reduces the cooldown by 30 seconds and allows you to use it on 4 enemies at once. Personally, while the cooldown reduction is nice, don't think I would find enough situations where using weak bullet would be worth the time it would take to get all 4 shots applied, considering they cannot be used on the same enemy, they do no damage, and while you're applying the rest of the shots the first one will run out that much sooner.
    The extra shots are really useful because if you missed and hit a different spot on a boss you can shoot another one to correct your mistake.

If you look at Boss speed-runs you'll notice stuff like weak-shotting Ragne's leg and as soon as it breaks you switch the weak-spot over to Ragne's red orb and bam dead ragne.

Quote Originally Posted by youcantcatchtheblue View Post
    The extra shots are really useful because if you missed and hit a different spot on a boss you can shoot another one to correct your mistake.

If you look at Boss speed-runs you'll notice stuff like weak-shotting Ragne's leg and as soon as it breaks you switch the weak-spot over to Ragne's red orb and bam dead ragne.
    That is a good point, and a very effective sounding strategy (I often tried to get weak shot on the orb, but he was never down long enough to reuse the skill and get into a different position, especially if I had been using Launcher before then). But how do you keep the weak shots if you have to wait between the first and second? Do you just use PAs only and rely on natural PP regen, or is there some way to leave those shots ready and use them as needed?