Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zeota View Post
    I hope they plan to keep the number of jobs fairly small compared to XI since exclusion was a huge problem in that game. Before the level cap went up, if you were anything other than a WAR/SAM/DRG/BRD/COR/RDM and wanted merits, you were SOL.
    I dunno... people have been asking for new jobs ever since they were re-introduced in the first place. As long as each job maintains its own uniqueness and balance, I don't think it will be a problem. That said, I would like to see something along the lines of merits make a return, so that people who are at Lv. 50 will have a reason to keep getting exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Fisher will probably be the same as Botanist and Miner - I don't see them going too nuts with differentiating Hand and Land.
    Well, it was mentioned a while back, when 1.0 was winding down, that spearfishing (fisher's secondary ability) would be removed. People who were achievement/title-hunting had to make sure to get those things associated with spearfishing before the final character data save.

Along with that, baits and lures were also supposed to be removed, although the reasoning for this was due to the currency redenomination... something about comparing the price of arrows to other weapons and how it was imbalanced, I dunno. There's a dev post about it floating around somewhere about it, I'd have to dig it up.

People were asking about how fishing was going to be changed at the E3 live letter, but the stream started acting up when they were talking about it, so I didn't get to hear the majority of what they said about it. I still can't help but be concerned about it not being in the game yet... though not too much, I hated fishing in 1.0, lol.

Some guy on another board I frequent supposedly figured out how to mod the game allowing them (the boobs) to be bigger.
    This I have to see, lol. Somehow, I expect it to look horrible, though...

Quote Originally Posted by Palle View Post
    Time to flex those Legacy characters, Phase 3 Part 2 starts 0200 PDT Friday.

1.0 Transfer test details.
    Awesome! Can't wait!
    Last edited by Tetsaru; Jun 18, 2013 at 10:18 AM.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    I dunno... people have been asking for new jobs ever since they were re-introduced in the first place. As long as each job maintains its own uniqueness and balance, I don't think it will be a problem. That said, I would like to see something along the lines of merits make a return, so that people who are at Lv. 50 will have a reason to keep getting exp.
    I can only pray that Yoshi-P took notes on the past 3 years of XI and how not to balance jobs. Their "band-aid" was an event called "Voldwatch" where you repeatedly stagger an enemy by performing certain JA's/magic/WS on it. Not bad, right? Well, try being a job like blue mage where you can only have up to 20 spells equipped at a time, each with varying set point values, and with around 35 potential spells that can proc. Moreover, the drop rate for anything good, even for the lower-tier fights, was damn-near microscopic, rivaling PSO2. I guess that's why I'm not so bothered by PSO2's drop rates.

I'm just worried about a repeat of a "too many cooks in the kitchen" scenario - especially when only two or three of those jobs are head and shoulders above everything else in almost every conceivable situation.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

prince of darkness rise urbanus's Avatar

cant wait
    ship 2 block 20 names Jettai

Downloaded the PC version and tried out a new character when the Beta went up.

Big improvement, as if feels like I have less navigating through different menus (until I found out most were on a hot bar) than I did on the PS3, not to mention much faster and smoother load times. And the gameplay just feels a lot more comfortable, but that could be the 9 years of WoW causes that.

I never played the original, but it if was a bad as they say it was, this is a massive improvement.

Spoiler!

I have to say I had my doubts, but they might just make a believer of me yet.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)

Chiming in to say I'm really enjoying my time on FFXIV. It's very immersive and much more fluid than 1.0.
    #1 International MAG+ TA Champion in PSU. Co-Founder of Royalz

since playing phase 3 i have had no desire to even launch pso 2...

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

I hope they plan to keep the number of jobs fairly small compared to XI since exclusion was a huge problem in that game. Before the level cap went up, if you were anything other than a WAR/SAM/DRG/BRD/COR/RDM and wanted merits, you were SOL.
    i was a monk during the ToAU era and was rarely lacking for a party.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Most people I knew did colibri and took jobs that could do piercing damage. Those bastards loved to take your food.

But yeah, I hear you on not wanting to play PSO2 after playing phase 3. Lately I've only been logging in during special bonus days.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)