Page 326 of 333 FirstFirst ... 226276316323324325326327328329 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 3323

Gunner has been very strong for a long time, probably since the mid-to-end point of EP4 but flew under the radar just because a lot of people don't play the class. It's the only class that has an ability that can actually scale with party contribution as Chain Trigger can be built by your party members, meaning if you're running with at least 2-3 other people, Chain 100 is possible for most of your Chain targets.

Until recently, Gu mobbing was entirely based around Reverse Tap and Shift Period which worked but really weren't great tools for it. Now we have S. Roll Arts which is a cookie-cutter tool for mobbing and basically everything else which is why suddenly it's in everyone's sights now despite a ship of 2 Gu, 1 Ra and a Te being a standard MPA Boss Killing Squad.

Here's my stats:

https://imgur.com/a/w1z0S2o

This is just what I did - there may be a more optimal way to spread out stats but this is what I've found works for me.

Atra TMG is S1: Double-Edged Sword 4%/S2: Crit 4%/S3: Crit 4%/S4: Life Steal/Astral Soul/Phrase Weak/Grace Shoot. During Boost Week I'll probably re-affix to 8s and slap Shoot 6 on there.

Izane Arm is Ares the Soul/Shoot 4/Stamina 4/Arks Max/Omega Reverie/Grace Shoot. My Buster Leg isn't pictured here but it has the same affixes as my Izane Arm.

Weila Rear is Til the Soul/Shoot 4/Flict Tiro/Arks Max/Apprentice Reverie/Grace Shoot. I used to rock the same affixes I had on my Izane Arm/Buster Leg but realized I had too much HP and could go for more R-ATK, so I re-affixed for that.

There is enough HP and defenses there to so that little mistakes that I make usually don't amount to a death. I mentioned a few pages back but I did happen to eat a Dragon RM fireball by accident and it only dealt me a little over 1000 with Fire resist drink, so something in that HP/defense range may be what you're looking for. I'm even thinking about potentially dropping some more HP to get more R-ATK out of my units.

Small note too - you'll want to keep Quelle TMG on your bar even though a well-made Atra is better than it because of the 5 seconds of invul you get on activating Chain Trigger with Quelle TMG. It's good to have as a crutch if things go wrong (e.g. didn't kill enough cubes in Mother cube phase) or if you want to set up Chain during a series of attacks (e.g. Deus arm slam or Hunas thunder bolt phase).

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Well, at first, Gu is so weak ..... at the point sometimes you see "Gu x" in party description Until There is 200% SRollJA if I remember it right ....

@Jene
    That's .... a real nice affix (something I never dreamt about, due to [ money isn't my friend ] ;w; )
    My current affix is just a fodder from 2 years ago, I think.

No money to reaffix things (especially units), probably can do re-affix for Atra, but that's about it. Even then, it won't include Grace-thingy (probably stuck with GRM ... since I had 1 or 2 spares available from back then) orz
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Yeah, the history of Gunner is pretty funny. When it was released it was very weak, and then in mid-EP2, they added the S. Roll tree which ended with S. Roll JA Bonus being at 200% power which started the meme of Flip PA/Flip Infinity Fire (just tons of Gunners doing nothing but S. Roll into Infinity Fire and killing everything). EP3 nerfed that hard and the class struggled until mid-EP4 where tons of buffs to PAs and movement and how Chain Trigger recast worked made the class very strong. Of course, outside of the initial EP5 nerf train, every class has gotten nothing but buffs in EP5 so Gunner is similarly even crazier now.

re: affixing, you don't need gear like mine to be strong or pull good numbers in MPAs. My gear, while I spent a good amount of money on it, doesn't include any of the harder affixes (Astral, Ether, Lesser/EV on units) because honestly I don't really like dealing with the affix system so I accept that there is more I could have done there. I'd say having a good plant of R-Atk in addition to around 1250-1400HP with current 12* units is a good starting point. If you're using Atra TMG as your main weapon, you really only need enough HP and defenses to be able to comfortably tank 1 or 2 large hits in sequence with the aim being to use Gunner's aerial playstyle and Stylish Roll to avoid the bulk of outgoing damage.

If you want to post up what 12* units you have available to you, we could probably help you put something together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jene-chan View Post

re: affixing, you don't need gear like mine to be strong or pull good numbers in MPAs. My gear, while I spent a good amount of money on it, doesn't include any of the harder affixes (Astral, Ether, Lesser/EV on units) because honestly I don't really like dealing with the affix system so I accept that there is more I could have done there. I'd say having a good plant of R-Atk in addition to around 1250-1400HP with current 12* units is a good starting point. If you're using Atra TMG as your main weapon, you really only need enough HP and defenses to be able to comfortably tank 1 or 2 large hits in sequence with the aim being to use Gunner's aerial playstyle and Stylish Roll to avoid the bulk of outgoing damage.
    A point about affixing that is true both for Gunner and for every class. People overblow the weight of affixes waaay out of proportion. as long as you have a decent HP + PP Pool along with some R-ATK (not even crazy numbers, something like 100 per piece of gear is enough), you have more than enough to do your job
    The vast majority of your damage comes from Skill tree + how you can actually manage to keep all your multipliers up, which amounts to how tight you play and how knowledgeable you are of your class and enemies, followed by a good weapon with max grind + element. ATK affixes in all this (SSA Aside) provide a comparatively minor damage increase only matters for min-maxing or time-attacking. Unless you're going for a challenge that involves squeezing every last bit of damage on top and ONLY on top of proper play, proper strategy and self-improvement, or just really like to show off crazy affixes just because, then simple affixes are enough to get by
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Aug 11, 2018 at 02:31 AM.

@Jene-chan:

Thanks for taking the time to list your affixes on your gear and for the history lesson of Gu; that's good information. That's also a nice balance of stats you have there on your gear. And duly noted about having HP in the range of 1250 - 1400; I currently have ~1350 HP myself and feel comfortable with it since sometimes I just want to tank with GuFi (if it isn't a big attack) so that I can finish my chain. And yes, I'll keep Quelle TMG on my person for that 5 sec invulnerability.

@Zeph:

Noted about about having something like 100 stat-attack is satsifactory per piece of gear.

If you want to post up what 12* units you have available to you, we could probably help you put something together.
    Ah, shouldn't matter much these days, I think .... been playing MHW atm.

Well, maybe I would login here and there, just for a tiny bit. Kinda disappointed Collection File not used to it's fullest (all weapon + units, including the best one) ..... so, yeah, probably gonna take a break atm (I'd say I normally stand at those lower luck, so, drop only with abysmall drop rate is a huge burden ;-; Would like to finish gearing then enjoy the game)

Though just in case, it's my current equipments (1 fodder left to make exact affix, left over from 2 years ago, I think. So old I forget when I made the fodders .... and 1 fodder to re-affix weapon. Only about 10-m left).
    So far, hoping for things like Phobos Rear (HP + Attack unit).

Spoiler!
    - Ship 2 -

Just wanna mention ...... the new skill doesn't affect SRollArts
    - Ship 2 -

1. You need S. Roll Arts unlocked to use S. Roll Arts Another Mode. You should be putting 5 points into S. Roll Up and S. Roll Arts since they both affect the damage of Arts.
    2. Grim Barrage is gap closer/height gainer. Sat Aim, IF0, Elder, and Dead Approach all get used. With S. Roll Arts Another Mode, Shift Period is much less used now. Reverse Tap can be good for soloing for the slight vacuum effect. DA is technically higher DPS but is Striking based on your R-Atk and in some situations it's harder to mash since it moves you forward, but DA > IF0 is perfect legit in a lot of situations. Bullet Squall, Aerial and Heel Stab don't see much use any more (I don't have them on any of my bars).
    3. re: Heel Stab/Aerial Shooting assumes you're getting all of the hits (including the kick for Heel Stab) and those PAs are almost totally Striking damage. I'm actually not sure how the breakdown works with Striking based Ranged damage but I'm going to assume there is some sort of damage loss there but I also know the Gu players I follow who do solo content never use them. I just don't know the exact reason behind it other than the PAs being clunky.
    Thanks a lot.
    Guess I'll be redoing my tree then.

It's been like 3 years since the last time i play Gu class, i would love to get some help and pointer from you guys about where should i go from here.

1. What subclass should i use? Is it Hu, Fi, Ra, or something else?
    2. What essential class skills should i invest my SP on?
    2. Should i use Quelle, Dual Bird or Atra? Considering those weapons easily accessible
    3. What L rings should i use?
    4. For affix, do i need much PP or should i just go for more ATK if possible?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by wefwq; Aug 30, 2018 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    It's been like 3 years since the last time i play Gu class, i would love to get some help and pointer from you guys about where should i go from here.

1. What subclass should i use? Is it Hu, Fi, Ra, or something else?
    2. What essential class skills should i invest my SP on?
    2. Should i use Quelle, Dual Bird or Atra? Considering those weapons easily accessible
    3. What L rings should i use?
    4. For affix, do i need much PP or should i just go for more ATK if possible?

Thanks in advance.
    Hu for tankiness, Fi for damage
    There's Su as sub too, but only works for single target (raid boss type). 2nd highest damage, I think, with added survival.

The skill build ..... kinda ..... linear, imo.
    Should depends on preference. Something like on my sig, without SRollJABonus (which means 5 free SP to use on other things)
    And, maybe others can give their inputs as well

I'd say Atra for easier time, with S4 from Atra Gunslash (Life steal). I'd fill S1~S3 with critical damage up, but feel free to change it to anything you'd like.
    You can also switch between Quelle, I guess, invincibility on CT activation can save you.

FrontSRoll + TmgSUp. Try getting FrontSRoll at +20 for the 20% damage.
    If you barely use the S-Damage PAs (like DeadApproach, etc), maybe leaving TmgSUp at +10 is good enough. +20 if possible tho.

Should depends on preference too. I'd put at least a bit of HP if possible, because when doing ChainFinish, might need to tank things (rather than letting it to waste). I'm currently using 2 pieces of Izane and +30HP (from AlterTiro) for each equipment (3 units + weapon). Putting it at 1200ish HP.
    Then add PP based on your needs. I'm personally fine with 110 (+35 from ShowTimeStar) PP, but I won't say it's good for others. If you need more PP, then affix more PP.
    Last edited by final_attack; Aug 30, 2018 at 04:22 AM.
    - Ship 2 -