Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation PSP2/PSP2i Save Data Backup Utility

With the recent spout of hacks that seem to be doing the rounds on infinity, backing up your save data has become even more important. I hope this isn't against any rules as it is not CFW related so here goes...

I spent the last few hours creating this little backup utility which should run on your 6.37 PSP's.

You shouldn't need any CFW to run this but I have only tested it on OFW 6.35. All this does is give you a selection screen to either backup your save or restore it from the backup, simple stuff! It just saves you needing to get to your PC to do a backup and is a whole lot less tiresome.

UPDATE
    Now works with any known version of PSP2, including vanilla. Please let me know if the Go version is working as I can't test that one.

Download v0.2 (Non Go)
    Download v0.2 (PSP Go)

Remember: This tool cannot fix a broken Memory Stick or a corrupt save. Please back your save file up to your PC regularly to avoid losing your save in that scenario.
    Last edited by funkyskunk; Apr 13, 2011 at 01:08 PM.

Playing PSP2i on PSP 6.39PRO-B6 (Online)

PSOW save games converted: 44. Conversion Service Ended.

In a small town in a big county in a big state.

Quote Originally Posted by funkyskunk View Post
    With the recent spout of hacks that seem to be doing the rounds on infinity, backing up your save data has become even more important. I hope this isn't against any rules as it is not CFW related so here goes...

I spent the last few hours creating this little backup utility which should run on your 6.37 PSP's. Currently it is only for non-go models until I can get some reports that it is working then I will update it to work with all PSP's.

You shouldn't need any CFW to run this but I have only tested it on OFW 6.35. All this does is give you a selection screen to either backup your save or restore it from the backup, simple stuff! It just saves you needing to get to your PC to do a backup and is a whole lot less tiresome.

Let me know if this works for you then I can get updating it for the vanilla versions of PSP2 and the PSP Go. Just extract the zip file to the root of your memory stick.

Download
    Is it compatible with demo saves? If so I can help you test it. OH and if it works you really ought to make it for the original PSP2 and the PSPGo.

Now this is TRULY helpful to the player base. This should be stickied if reports come in clean. I haven't gotten a chance to try this yet.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

I can add all the games to it eventually. There is nothing in the code for the others yet though and I'm finished with making it for today. Hopefully someone on 6.37 can test it out then I'll add the other functions, it's not worth my time if it isn't working for non-hacked psps.

Edit: Actually you can "test" it on 6.37 just by copying one of your other saves into a folder called NPJH50332 for infinity. That should get backed up instead of the proper infinity save as it just copies the 4 files in the folder.
    Last edited by funkyskunk; Apr 12, 2011 at 08:37 PM.

I have the most recent OFW and it does indeed work with no problems at all.

Thanks Ami, I can get to work on the others now. I'll post an updated version soon once it has more options.

I added a note to the main post that you should backup your save to your PC when you can. This will never get around a corrupt memory stick, it is meant to combat cheaters hacking your save while playing online.

A tool to backup save files that can work on OFW? Sign me up!

Seriously funkyskunk, though I haven't tested it yet, this sounds like a godsend. Not that I'll stop backing up my data often, but I usually spend some time backing my data to a PC each time I go online. This will definitely cut down the needed time.

A quick question from someone who hasn't tested it yet. Can you take one of your backups and replace the main one within the PSP menu, or do you still have to do things manually?

Basically all this tool does is copy the save to and from the save folder and a new directory which is created on the root of your memory stick. You can just backup the new folder my application creates if you prefer.

The NPJH50332 folder is just copied to the new folder on backup. Restore copies it back leaving the backup in place.

There's nothing like incremental backups or anything, I felt that may need me to access the kernel for those that are technically minded and that means it wouldn't work on OFW. If anyone knows that I am wrong there then let me know and I'll think about adding it.
    Last edited by funkyskunk; Apr 12, 2011 at 10:28 PM.

Nah, I didn't mean from within the game menu itself, but when the game has been ended and you're running the backup tool from the X Media bar or whatever Sony calls it. XD

Anyway, I think you answer my question anyway - the tool does do both backups and restore. That's definitely useful.

Eagerly awaiting Eva 3.0 MESeele's Avatar

This is awesome. I don't have infinity (yet) , but I'll definitely be using this when I do! Thanks a lot!