Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 630 on the hour every hour

That's right, i'm getting 630'd every hour to the second. Can anyone think of why such a specific time to 630? This is only happening with PSO2 and NEVER happens with anything else.

Yes, I timed it multiple times just to make sure it was consistent.

Characters: 綾 / マリア / ID: AyakoTakahashi / Signature by Rock Eastwood~

Quote Originally Posted by ~Aya~ View Post
    That's right, i'm getting 630'd every hour to the second. Can anyone think of why such a specific time to 630? This is only happening with PSO2 and NEVER happens with anything else.

Yes, I timed it multiple times just to make sure it was consistent.
    Might want to check modem/router and ISP. This isn't something PSO2 does I'm pretty sure though you could check and see if other things stop as well then.

When did that start happening to you? I played for about 3 hours last night and didn't get DCd once or experience any lag.

Yeah, stuff like this usually comes down to your ISP. Call and complain, they'll either deny any wrongdoing and any records of any problems or say there's a known outage in your area.

But only after they make you restart your router, which itself could also be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Yeah, stuff like this usually comes down to your ISP. Call and complain, they'll either deny any wrongdoing and any records of any problems or say there's a known outage in your area.

But only after they make you restart your router, which itself could also be the problem.
    It's like this- There are days where i'll not D/C even once (Going afk and all). Then there are days where i'll D/C once an hour all day. I have restarted my modem and cleared cache and have had other things running or not running while PSO2 is connected to the server. The only thing that insta D/C's is PSO2 while everything else is doing just fine and not even hiccuping slightly.

Have a 60mbps connection, hard wired, no outages in area. I will call my ISP and tell them that i've been getting connection issues every hour and see what they have to say about it.. if it's not them, then-

Thanks for your input thus far!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Aya~ View Post
    It's like this- There are days where i'll not D/C even once (Going afk and all). Then there are days where i'll D/C once an hour all day. I have restarted my modem and cleared cache and have had other things running or not running while PSO2 is connected to the server. The only thing that insta D/C's is PSO2 while everything else is doing just fine and not even hiccuping slightly.

Have a 60mbps connection, hard wired, no outages in area. I will call my ISP and tell them that i've been getting connection issues every hour and see what they have to say about it.. if it's not them, then-

Thanks for your input thus far!
    I'm surprised it's literally on the hour if it were five minutes either side I'd say it's a lag/latency thing. As it stands, much more likely to be works in your area, or you have a program on your PC set to do hourly updates/checks which is clashing with PSO2. Anything you're running today that you weren't running on days you didn't DC?
    The Big Book of Bosses -Learn how to avoid the Pain Train with 100% success and submit your own boss beating tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Caledonia View Post
    I'm surprised it's literally on the hour if it were five minutes either side I'd say it's a lag/latency thing. As it stands, much more likely to be works in your area, or you have a program on your PC set to do hourly updates/checks which is clashing with PSO2. Anything you're running today that you weren't running on days you didn't DC?

Not that I can think of.. i'll look.

Edit: Nope.. absolutely nothing running at all. I'm going to attempt to disable like 50% of any useless backround processes that doesn't really need to be running.
    Last edited by ~Aya~; Mar 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM.

Have you got another computer? You can leave that on and see if it suffers from the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Have you got another computer? You can leave that on and see if it suffers from the same problem.

No and so far I haven't been D/C'd.. fingers crossed.

some ISPs are dicks and like to release/renew your WAN IP every hour (essentially modem reboot) when their network is in high use, especially some DSL companies+^_^+ while the average Facebook user wouldn't tell, gamers might notice something, especially if the game they're playing has a server that tracks your exact IP and MAC address to make sure you are you+^_^+ mine does it once a week late Sunday night+^_^+ call them up and moan about needing a stable connection for prolonged periods of time+^_^+