Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Playstation Vita

What are some of your views? I want one myself but along with other people the cost for the Vita and a memory card is almost a turn off from the system. One thing I enjoy most oddly is the dual analog sticks, no more claw! =D
    I would also get the WiFi one.
    We are not tools....We are hope!

One of my coworkers picked one up and he seems very happy with it.

I didn't pick up a PSP, so I'm tempted to get a Vita at some point so I can play any worthwhile PSP games I missed as well as any upcoming Vita titles worth playing.

The weird thing is that I kind of just want to pick it up for the Persona 4 port (since I never finished it on PS2... but then again I could just hook up my PS2 and finish it that way.)

True, having a horrible computer im kind of hoping to get PS02 for it in 2013 myself.
    We are not tools....We are hope!

I've had one since day 2. No regrets, it's an awesome little machine.

But like with any system, it depends on the games, the current selection may or may not be interesting to you yet. The future, however, looks bright!

Scarlet / ID:aurly; Shock Nurse @ Ship 2!

Quote Originally Posted by drizzle View Post
    I've had one since day 2. No regrets, it's an awesome little machine.

But like with any system, it depends on the games, the current selection may or may not be interesting to you yet. The future, however, looks bright!
    This more or less sums things up perfectly.

I bought my Vita on launch day and I am very happy with it although I must admit that I don't use it very often since the 'console' does not have a 'must have' game yet, for me it was more of an investment for the future. I loved my PSP and I am probably one of the few gamers who can honestly say loved and used it more than my DS. The way I saw it the Vita has alot of future potential.

vanting a vita badly but can not afford to get one at the moment ill wait it out till it drops price

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Looking at the games it's getting, the one I want at least... You could say they're going back to the kind of library that made me love my PS2. JRPGs, Anime style action games and GTA games that don't suck

I mean it has Gravity rush, an anime style sandbox game with a cool concept + that FF10 remake + Persona port + Tales of innocense remake + FF type-0 HD + Grand theft auto Vice City Nights (Not sure if that's really confirmed) + PSO2 probably going to be my most favorite online RPG in existence???

Also it's Augmented reality looks a TRILLION times better than 3DS' or iPod's AR.

I can imagine it being a PS3 in your pocket, except... a PS3 that ACTUALLY HAS GAMES. But at the same time it costs like a PS3 that could fit in your pocket too... Which is probably why I'm not getting one any time soon.

Only thing that looks bad to me is the price.. and It kinda bugs me that it's bigger than the PSP, and I already thought the PSP was kinda huge... If it got any bigger it may as well had been a gamegear. Then again I'm one of 12 people that actually LIKED the gameboy micro.

TL;DR: Library looks PS2 level awesome and... I do plan to get one after a pricedrop/inevitable slim version comes out.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

They had some Sony guys come to where I work to show it off. From what I saw it was ok. Decent enough graphics (then again anythign looks good with a tiny screen). A few new features, such as using the camera to show a background for a fighting game. Clever but it's just a pointless gimmick at the end of the day much like the 3D feature on the new DS.

I'm just tired of Sony and Nintendo releasing new handheld consoles every few years in all honesty. I thought I might get the Vita for PSO2 but then I saw screenshots today for it and my god it looks hideous. Of course these pictures were stretched to appear on this website, but even still I think i'll give it a miss.

Tifa
    Desktop - Intel i7 6700K 4.0 Ghz, Nvidia 1080 GTX Founders Edition, 16GB 3000 Mhz DDR4 RAM, Samsung 49" CHG 90 UltraWide HDR QLED Gaming Monitor

Laptop - Intel i7 2.8 Ghz (IvyBridge), ATI 7970 2 GB, 16 GB (1866 Mhz) DDR RAM, 17" Display

I've had some experience with the Vita and it is pretty neat, but the $250 - $300 price tag and the cost of each individual memory card is steep. The camera quality when comparing it to the 3DS is lack luster as it captures images at 720p while Nintendo fit in a camera that captures images at a higher resolution.

I would have gotten one by now if it wasn't for the somewhat low battery life. My PSP doesn't last as long as it used to on a single charge, but having it barely last longer than my PSP(4-5 hours) I'd rather wait it out until that improves. Also not all PSP games are compatible which is a turn off as I still play most of my PSP games currently.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Seriously, dat gimmick. D:

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.