Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default :O Final fantasy 14

I got an email~

EDIT: I just used the Benchmark- Man my laptop kicks ass!
    http://puu.sh/3e1ye.jpg lmao >.>;

More than two years have passed since the decision was made to replace FINAL FANTASY XIV (hereafter referred to as Version 1.0) with an entirely new game, and we are pleased to inform you of the upcoming release of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

About FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
    FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (hereafter referred to as FFXIV: ARR) features an all new game engine, server structure, battle system, user interface, and a completely redesigned world. Now that development is nearly complete, official service will begin on August 27, 2013.
    All players who purchased Version 1.0 will be able to download the client for FFXIV: ARR free of charge. For more information on the various changes in FFXIV: ARR, please proceed to the official website.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Site (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/ )
    Beta Testing

FFXIV: ARR is currently in the beta testing stage, with plans to begin the third phase of testing on June 14, 2013. All players who hold a service account from Version 1.0 have been granted access to the beta test.

We welcome all players from Version 1.0 to download the beta client and see the myriad changes in FFXIV: ARR.

* Additional information regarding how to participate in the beta test will be sent at a later date.

The Lodestone

After phase 3 begins on June 14, 2013, players will also be granted access to The Lodestone regardless of service account status.

Players can use the Lodestone to determine the world their Version 1.0 character has been transferred to, as well as check the status of former linkshells and contact friends from Version 1.0.

Transitioning to FFXIV: ARR from Version 1.0

For those interested in playing FFXIV: ARR, information regarding the transition from Version 1.0, including the establishment of regional data centers, has been compiled on the Lodestone.

Please review the details of the new regional data centers and world transfers.

Furthermore, a two week "Welcome Back Campaign" will be held following the start of official service, allowing players from Version 1.0 to enjoy FFXIV: ARR free of charge for a limited time. We hope you will take this opportunity to play the game and experience FFXIV: ARR.

Version 1.0 did not meet the high standards expected of a FINAL FANTASY title, and for that we offer our sincerest apologies. We will continue to work together with the FFXIV: ARR community to ensure a high quality gaming experience in the future.
    Last edited by Meyfei; Jun 12, 2013 at 08:12 AM.

Yeah, now I just need the actual install (Anyone who played 1.0 is in phase 3)

I am not going to see what happens if I install 1.0 from disc and try to update.

Edit: Sweet. Get to recreate characters in the new creator too (for launch, at any rate)

And I can't even find my old server name on the list - they clearly did a merger I didn't know about.
    Last edited by Randomness; Jun 12, 2013 at 08:39 PM.
    Coming Soon!

ooh free char edits? That's always nice!

I don't have cash for subs, so I just threw my acc on kijiji for 40$ and will let someone else enjoy the game.

Just shared the news ;D

As much as I want a worthy successor to Final Fantasy XI to happen...

XIV bombed on launch, hard. So hard they decided to reboot the game into a much-prettier and more efficient form, but... Let's be real here. They turned the gameplay and progression into a WoW Clone (I hate using that term, because people think I'm using hyperbole when I do...) with the ability to change classes without making a new character.

I want so much to like the game or where it's going, and while it feels better, they're basically doing that at the cost of all of the things that made the game seem like it was going to be a unique and interesting thing to play. Remove the good ideas in order to fall back onto something that's very "safe" but isn't very interesting... It's a really unfortunate way it ended up going.

I don't want to sound like "that guy," but I really doubt it's not going to bomb again. Just, perhaps not quite as hard (considering that it's now at least playable and has any content at all - putting it at least two steps above what 1.0 was).

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

nda lifted for images so

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

I miss the old Ul'dah music.

Also, holy shit, the first 4 servers I picked were not accepting new characters, and when I finally got into the city proper it was pandemonium.
    Tax the fucking churches.

Woke up to find my key this morning. Forums are getting slammed. Good times!
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

Quote Originally Posted by Zeota View Post
    Woke up to find my key this morning. Forums are getting slammed. Good times!
    Received my key but, waiting on my linkshell to pick a server probably Excalibur but, who knows. After quite a few years my linkshell is still in the top 5 of points on FFXIAH. Then again Sylph isn't as busy since when we were forced to move from Fairy to there. Going to install once I get off of work tonight. If you see SNK tell him I said hello btw since he'll probably never come to PSO2 lol.

I want this armor SO BAD.
    Spoiler!

Overall, so many quality of life improvements... it's like a whole new game!
    Coming Soon!

On a positive note:

Wow, they shot performance through the roof.

I get a better framerate with more settings turned higher on 1920x1200, than I did in 1.0 with most things low and at 1280x720. Pretty impressive, considering that I'm running it on a laptop with a GTX260m.

Really loving how well the game interacts with Windows 8, too - in most games, you snap something to one side and it simply clips part of the Borderless Windowed-mode game off the side. Here, it simply adjusts the display resolution of the game to fit what portion of the screen is dedicated to the desktop at the time, and seamlessly changes whenever you snap something else to the side.

That is both impressive and quite nice, at the very least. Also, I'm really glad they didn't disable the Windows key, considering how much more important it is in Windows 8 in comparison to previous versions.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."