Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

We planned on it. The downside is that it'll look absolutely silly but whatever works I suppose!

I think it'll depend on the word choices used in the dialogue and game menus.

I'm sure you'll figure out the best ones to place in to reduce how silly it might look! Either way, it looks pretty good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayures View Post
    You might have to bite the bullet and make some (hopefully subtle) reductions in the dialogue.
    When I was working on my small part some time ago, I made some corrections to spelling, punctuation, and a bit of grammar in the translated text. That character limit was a bit of a pain to work around for me.
    PSO2 Character Information:
    Ciel Di'Mattrio: F Newman, HU75/FI75/RA75/GU75/FO72/TE72/BR75/BO75
    Thalia Fortuna: F Human, FO73/TE74/BR70/BO60

What with the limitations, I don't expect some of the text shortening to be very subtle at all. We'll try what we can to make it sound as nice as possible, but again, limitations are pretty hard :P

This is excellent news and I hope your project is completed. There are still some of us that would greatly appreciate it!

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Please don't drop iy. Please.

Radio silence doesn't necessarily mean it is going to be dropped. Things slowed down a bit is all. Jam is splitting time between PSP2i and his other project for Sol Trigger, so expect fewer updates. Don't be discouraged though, it WILL take time but this is not going to be dropped unless states publicly that this is "Impossibru!" :P

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Oh, I'm not rushing you ore anything. I'm just saying, please don't drop it. I've lots of translation groups be like "fuck it".

nice! i hope it works out for u guys

Chidori / Ship2, Also feel free to visit us at http://gunvalk.saik0.com

Minor update on progress (I don't really have a proper measurement of progress... but its better than silence!):

Jam made progress on some file editing so that certain text can be entered much more easily.
    Weyu has been busy finishing up monster descriptions and various other little detailing on older files. A lot of his work has been to make sure his descriptions fit in the text window properly, which is a massive pain.
    I, personally, have still been working on translating weapon, item, and armor names. After that I plan on doing some work on swapping out files for Ep1 instead of just manually retranslating everything. I may make a few edits here and there though depending it the story text is dopey lol.
    Aras Karasu finished EP2 translations awhile back but has been MIA since the beginning of August. We at least have his finished progress and appreciate his effort very much!

Ballparking a guess on progress percentage.... maybe like 50%? We do already have a vast majority of things translated, it all still needs proofreading, testing through... bla bla, all that fun stuff. I'll keep you posted on any further progress updates~!