Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Seriously why do people do it. In my 7 years of being on the internet, I have seen few thing annoying than people who say sh!t, sh*t, or s***. If you are going to cuss just do it. Unless you are trying to get around word censors, (another rant in itself) then it is pointless.

Here's why:

When you decide to say "h*ll" instead of "hell", people aren't going to say," H asterisk and two L's what's that?" They are going recogonize the word and interpret it as hell. How is it any less offensive to censor a word than to just flat out type it? They are both going to be interpreted the same way.

I personally try to avoid cussing, but when I do I write the word out.

You're f*cking right about this.

Seriously, though. I understand what you mean; going into lobbies and seeing some guy type "f*ck"-- like he's doing some kid a favor.

F*cking N*obs

*** *** * ****** ******** ************!

It's supposed to be like you aren't actually saying the word, just that you mean it. But I agree with you, usually I try to avoid cursing anywhere, but I usually write the word out whenevr I say it. People probably would stop doing this online if there weren't so many 10-13 year olds online, but that's another rant entirely.

On 2003-07-10 12:38, Gestiv wrote:
    It's supposed to be like you aren't actually saying the word, just that you mean it. But I agree with you, usually I try to avoid cursing anywhere, but I usually write the word out whenevr I say it. People probably would stop doing this online if there weren't so many 10-13 year olds online, but that's another rant entirely.
    That was the other rant I was talking about. The obviously don't want us to cuss for a reason so why try to find a way to do it?

You have no mommy from now you cry to me

Fuck.

^LOL!
    On 2003-07-10 12:08, neko-chan wrote:
    *** *** * ****** ******** ************!
    Lmao.

Maybe people do it to show respect to others. By not typing the whole word out. That's what I do..
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Chu Chu fever!

[kenny]fuck[/kenny]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: umbrella on 2003-07-10 15:55 ]</font>

Svm Inimicus Mali

I think, Silhouette, that if you were trying to show some respect for others, you'd take the whole thing out. Like going @#$%, instead of h*ll. The first way gives the image and feeling of a curse word without it actually being there, whereas in the second example your mind extrapolates what it is, and it's just as offensive. That's the point of the rant. I think.

On 2003-07-10 17:08, Kupi wrote:
    I think, Silhouette, that if you were trying to show some respect for others, you'd take the whole thing out. Like going @#$%, instead of h*ll. The first way gives the image and feeling of a curse word without it actually being there, whereas in the second example your mind extrapolates what it is, and it's just as offensive. That's the point of the rant. I think.
    The point of my rant is that if you are going to cuss don't censor out your own words because it is no less offensive than typing the whole thing out.

Maybe people do it to show respect to others. By not typing the whole word out. That's what I do..
    If you showed respect, you wouldn't use those words at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ness on 2003-07-10 17:20 ]</font>