Page 221 of 333 FirstFirst ... 121171211218219220221222223224231271321 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 3323

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria1987 View Post
    Hi y'all,

Mind reviewing a build? I'd like to know if I'm on the right track, I haven't really clicked on to Gunners yet. I feel way underpowered, he's not useful in parties and is way too slow in solo play. So here's my plan-

GU/RAmar

An important note, this assumes GU will always be the main class and RA the sub, so taking RA-main-only skills would be a waste of SP in this case.

Blocker Bredd (mechs) - Dead Approach | Satellite Aim | Infinite Fire
    Volt Howitzer (launcher) - Cosmos Breaker | Rodeo Drive | Flame Bullet
    Bio Triner (rifle) - Satellite Cannon | Impact Slider | Homing Emission

Any advice to make things better, or am I on the right track here? Thanks for any advice you have.
    You should definitely have both ZRAs maxed on the gunner tree. It's one of your main multipliers that you should be trying to get as often as possible. And as a class that specializes in burst damage, you should also have Chain Trigger and Chain Finish maxed as well as Twice Chain to build your chains quicker.

S-Roll Up and S-Roll Arts are useless skills, don't max them. The usefulness of S-Roll JA Bonus is debatable. I personally don't use it, nor do I use Aerial Advance.

On the ranger tree you definitely need Standing Snipe 1/2 maxed (useful for all ranged weapons), and I would highly recommend First Hit. With First Hit you'll find it very easy to one shot SH mobs with non-JA'd Satellite Aim, Diffuse Shell, and pretty much every launcher PA, and even when you don't one shot it's still useful, since it's not always advantageous to use a normal attack before firing off a PA. Sometimes you can even whiff your normal attack on purpose just to get a first hit JA.

Tactics Trap is great for pp recovery with both Gravity Bomb and Stun Grenade. Optional, but pretty good skill in my opinion. Priority would be to take points out of Dive Roll Advance, Shooting Up, or Killing Bonus to finish off SS and First Hit. The rest of the tree is fine.
    Player ID: Charmeleon (Ship 2)

See, this is why I post these thanks Charmeleon.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmeleon View Post
    On the ranger tree you definitely need Standing Snipe 1/2 maxed (useful for all ranged weapons)
    But the only way to trigger Standing Snipe with TMG is to like, run up to a monster, stand still for one second, then use the PA without JA

right?
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

I dunno about aerial Shift Period, but if you keep JA-ing ShiftPeriod on the ground, it should trigger StandingSnipe. Also, keep JA-ing SatelliteAim in the air will proc StandingSnipe too.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

is gu/hu still viable in episode 3?

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    Without a sub-class it's kind of hard to tell. I have to say though that people seem to vastly underestimate the unconditional and additional damage you get from R-ATK boosts and instead go for very situational skills (which I personally am not a fan of). Chain Trigger is cool for bossing but useless for mobbing. But for bossing people will generally go with RA as main or sub. In my case I do both bossing and mobbing (RA/GU or GU/RA) so I don't have to switch builds (Only got one tree :|).

S Roll JA Bonus is fine if you're already used to it, not sure I'd recommend it to everybody though. It's a nice "constant" damage bonus if your playstyle fits with it.

I don't really like the fact that you didn't upgrade Aerial Advance as it is very easy to trigger as a gunner and it's 20% bonus you really want.

If you're sticking to gunner only for now then I'd say it's okay to keep your Chains this buffed for bosses but if you get your hands on Ranger WB is way better. (even 1 point on chain could do the job).

I've also experimented a bit with the Showtime branch. The conclusion I ended up with is that it's annoying as heck on high level because very frequently you'll get damaged while using it and thus resetting the buffs. It's for that reason that people will then tell you that it's good for the Gear rate up, sure but if you use the right PAs and use a more aerial playstyle then it's very easy to fill up your gear and keep it filled. Showtime star also isn't worth investing on if your gear is good enough (lets say you have a full crafted Saiki set + PP slotted on your gear then your PP meter would reach around 200, would you need 250?). Some people say 125PP is enough and I say 150PP is plenty enough.
    Last edited by Searaphim; Jan 28, 2015 at 02:14 PM.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Well, my subs will be ra and br. I might raise Fi too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    Well, my subs will be ra and br. I might raise Fi too.
    You can't really make a build that will fit every sub. Which one do you intend to play along with gunner?

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Mostly, Gu/Ra, but I plan to buy additional trees. Also, is it work investing in "racist" killer tmgs?
    Last edited by Shinamori; Jan 29, 2015 at 06:52 PM.