Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 23456781555 ... LastLast

I don't have a captcha picture for them, but

me () and nu ()

look incredibly similar (at least to me) and are among the ones I mix up the most. Just commenting on this in case you get a captcha picture for either of them (so you can consider adding them to the new section).

Quote Originally Posted by Maronji View Post
    I don't have a captcha picture for them, but

me () and nu ()

look incredibly similar (at least to me) and are among the ones I mix up the most. Just commenting on this in case you get a captcha picture for either of them (so you can consider adding them to the new section).
    Added anyway.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

When I began learning, what made it difficult was how similar so many things were, despite being scattered across references. I'd need one with a certain curl, but wouldn't be able to find it. I wound up skimming references line by line looking for all the ones that looked like it until I found it. I'd spend MOST of my time doing this for stuff like captchas, over and over because of how many there were.

So here they are grouped together (in no particular order), because that's what I needed the most back then before I wound up just learning the whole damn thing:
    あぬめお
    うつ づ
    きさち ぎざぢ
    けにこ げご
    はほまも ばぼぱぽ
    すせそ
    たな だ
    ねれわ
    るろら

Then for katakana there aren't quite so many similar ones, but they are there:
    シツ ジヅ
    ウワラフ ヴプブ
    クケタヌ グゲダ
    ヒセ ピゼ
    チナテ ヂデ
    コロ ゴ
    ソン ゾ
    リルレノ

Uuuh, at a quick skim that should cover most of the similar-ish looking ones. I'm sure I missed a couple. I swear, that was the most confusing part when trying to learn hiragana. In katakana I could at least fill in the blanks since I knew item names in romaji, but hiragana was in actual japanese ha ha ha.

edit: obviously these lists aren't complete, because I was just grouping together the ones with similar bases or whatever they're actually called. The other ones are pretty easy to identify on their own.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Feb 9, 2013 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    When I began learning, what made it difficult was how similar so many things were, despite being scattered across references.
    So here they are grouped together (in no particular order), because that's what I needed the most back then before I wound up just learning the whole damn thing:
    すせそ
    ..........That really surprised me.
    Excluding sound-modifiers (E.g. は、ば and ぱ), some of the kana's in your list i wouldn't really deem that similar. (e.g. けにこ)

If someone could prove me wrong and provide captcha image(s) showing just how similar those are, put them up please.

Quoted anyway if people are curious.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

This is just by the shapes, not the sounds. Those three were kind of similar, but probably something only I had trouble with. Everybody's different after all.

Others are grouped together because they're semi-similar. け and に have lines on the left, こ and に both have the こ in there, i'm pretty much just grouping shit together for any reason. Better to have it than not.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    This is just by the shapes, not the sounds. Those three were kind of similar, but probably something only I had trouble with. Everybody's different after all.

Others are grouped together because they're semi-similar. け and に have lines on the left, こ and に both have the こ in there, i'm pretty much just grouping shit together for any reason. Better to have it than not.
    I guess.....the new section's a WIP anyway.

Is there any kind of ... romanji to kanji converter? I'm having trouble adding in some personal information because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoshae View Post
    Is there any kind of ... romanji to kanji converter? I'm having trouble adding in some personal information because of this.
    Google translate has a phonetic input option, which would work the exact same way as just having a JP IME (JP keyboard) active on your system.

If you knew the romanji, that's all you'd need.

Maybe dumb question but...if I buy the physical copy of the game for Vita, will I still have to do the captcha stage or will it bypass that? If I can just log in with a jpn psn account I will get pso2. Otherwise no.
    Anyine have an idea?

You'll have to register an account with Sega first.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.