Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yep. It's like a requirement that every movie, with action in it, has at least 1 use of the Wilhelm scream, in them. I love that YouTube vid which spent minutes upon minutes showing as many Wilhelm scream samples used in a variety of movie scenes that they could find.

Looks like Spielburg/Lucas were also big fans of it, too. It's amazing I've watched their stuff for years, but never really keyed on that exact sample being used throughout their movies. They spaced it out, far enough, so I didn't catch it.

LOL, people still actually watch this channel? SeeFee is horrible and has been that way ever since the name change and it sold out to reality shows and wrestling! It's not even worthy of being called SciFi anymore. Shitty Seefee might as well put sports on their channel as well.

I honestly don't watch TV that much anymore, but Discovery and Comedy are much better to me at least, esp. Mythbusters and Man VS Wild or other survival shows.
    Last edited by Sexy_Raine; Mar 4, 2011 at 11:55 AM.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

Quote Originally Posted by Akaimizu View Post
    Yep. It's like a requirement that every movie, with action in it, has at least 1 use of the Wilhelm scream, in them. I love that YouTube vid which spent minutes upon minutes showing as many Wilhelm scream samples used in a variety of movie scenes that they could find.
    So that's what that is!!! Ever since I was little I'd hear that in all sorts of movies, starting with Star Wars: A New Hope, and I'd always say to my parents and friends "Hey, that's the scream from Star Wars," and they'd just all shut me down on it. I am so happy that I'm not crazy.

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Split View Post
    I am so happy that I'm not crazy.
    I think we all should just refrain from commenting on this one. :P

Sorry, could NOT resist.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Split View Post
    So that's what that is!!! Ever since I was little I'd hear that in all sorts of movies, starting with Star Wars: A New Hope, and I'd always say to my parents and friends "Hey, that's the scream from Star Wars," and they'd just all shut me down on it. I am so happy that I'm not crazy.
    Not a problem. Even James Rolfe (known from the Angry Videogame Nerd) keyed on that, on one of his shorts.

Here's an article about the origin of that scream:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_scream

Oddly enough, as you can tell, the scream actually is named after a movie character which used that scream, but not the originator.

What's interesting is how Spielburg/Lucas comes full circle (since the first use of that scream seemed to originate from someone being attacked by an alligator) in Temple of Doom. Where there are *ahem* alligators below a suspension bridge. Kind of hard to not use that scream there, when there's such an amazing opportunity to honor its first use.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue-Hawk View Post
    I think we all should just refrain from commenting on this one. :P

Sorry, could NOT resist.
    But I'm not crazy...right?

Right??!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Delete View Post
    I'm just wondering how it's still going on, I mean I would love to see some dinosaur rip people to nothing, but not with playstation graphics.
    It's still going on because people like my mother watch these films on a weekly basis.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

there's really only been one on Syfy i liked. the Andromeda Strain. it sorta has a time paradox to it, since the virus was sent back so a cure can be found...but it survived in a small shard of itsself, until it wrecked the future again...getting sent back again. a timeline event loop, basically. which is a paradox, as its also an impossibility. until it was sent back, it didnt exist in the past. now it does, but it became the origin point in the future, making one wonder what the ORIGINAL origin point was. thus, because it was sent back, it technically HAD no origin point at that point. good movie, but one big logic flaw.
    what? it's not that weird of an idea for Link to have a female self in the PSU/PSPo dimension, is it?

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

New release and possible worst film ever???

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/17435.../Product.html#

Tifa

^ I think that looks pretty fun, to be honest. Not entirely sure why it can travel out of water, or why its tentacles can pierce skin, but you know what? I don't think I care. XD