Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Default PSU private server development

"Chill out. EGS development should resume in 2-3 months. I'm just waiting for a feature I need." -essen
    Essen from psumods says it should continue in 2 to 3 months.

Oh my god

I thought it would never continue because of PSO2

I think I might buy the PC version, if this is true...

It will all work on Windows 7, I assume? Do you have a link by the way?

I thought talking about private servers shouldn't be talked about there?

Quote Originally Posted by disaster.report View Post
    Oh my god

I thought it would never continue because of PSO2
    essen doesn't play pso2.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    essen doesn't play pso2.
    I never said he did. I just thought because PSO2 was released, he would see no point in making the private server because everyone would be moving to PSO2.

Quote Originally Posted by disaster.report View Post
    I never said he did. I just thought because PSO2 was released, he would see no point in making the private server because everyone would be moving to PSO2.
    Well if you think about it, plenty of people like psu still. Also, there are still many people who want to play psu online. I mean look at the offline psu, A lot of people want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Subject Delta View Post
    I wouldn't get your hopes up.
    ^ What this person said.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

I hate to disappoint you guys but I made a topic about psu private server from his forum for long time AND by the way Im Yuyustar I was the that made the topic called *we need psu private server up again* Essen & Agrajag it made clear with own words and said :

Essen: I implemented everything I knew onto the server. And that didn't get us far, didn't it. The server had inventories, NPCs, accounts (in-memory), zones, quests, custom scripts and areas, seasons, partial lobbies, partial counters and partial missions, parties were half working, etc. I delivered a lot, but of course that doesn't show much because something that "looks like working" (even though it was just hardcoded to get something up) and something that "actually works" are pretty much indistinguishable for someone testing the server.

But not even half the work required was done. And the most crucial part, understanding hits, was never done. I became busy before I could take it on and nobody tried to step up and do the work for it. It *is* likely the hardest part, considering what I learn from it, but still, nobody seemed to care.

Also, we discussed future plans between ourselves based on what we knew. That people got expectations from it is their problem, plans are plans, they're made to give a roadmap and may eventually change. And they did change everytime we found something wasn't possible, although they didn't change that much. The plans were discussed between ourselves long before we started to think they could be applied to a PSU server. We didn't go too far away. We were already there.

Between the end of nyuzero's server and me more or less stopping there's been a year of hard work that you seem to forget, which brought things insanely great like allowing us to build zones and quests, scripting and everything! I know this makes no difference to you who only tested it, but know that this was a *required* step for the server to work properly, something that you couldn't just hack and move on. It was also a *very long* work and it took Agrajag and me months to understand the general format of the things (excluding a few oddities that we ignored for now). Most bytecodes for the scripts are known thanks to this hard work, and yes we *need* to know what the script does to make the server work too.

So all this is overly complicated and is partly what triggers the "better to write from scratch" sentiment. But regardless, despite the project being on hold, if someone ever manages to understand how hit packets work, we might end up with a working server eventually. But this particular task is insanely hard because so far we don't know most values (most don't seem too important as they're mostly floats, but I suppose you need them to check "From behind!"), and two values we know are namely AttackType and AttackFlags and there's hundreds if not thousands of attack types. And we don't have a list of them. So we can't know what happened, and we can't calculate damage, making everything else pointless. Once *again*, the problem isn't that it's in Erlang, but that nobody can figure out how some things in the protocol work. It's easy to blame it on one thing when there's no solution to the real problem

now back to me as Yuyu

Plain and simple its not that he don't mind sharing knowledge with the private server just when he ask people to support helping most the people lack the responsibility to help him with his project and thing get kinda hard and lack of support . Essen will not give his share of knowledge if people cant contribute with dealing with his work on the protocol work in general. some people trying to take advantage of his work by overpowering him by making show off YouTube videos and lack of responsibility of send feed back on what he been working for the years with the knowledge he know so mush about private server.Essen wont take the time to help people willing take advantage of him like that. Essen have few trusty friend and Programmer been on his side and making sure the do other thing that dealing with PSU in general. Essen choose not work on base on lazy people wont take the time or wont do anything with the program. there for he might go back WHEN HE FEEL like it putting to mush pressure on him just make thing worse.

My opinion on this subject
    Yes its would be nice to have psu private server for that something everyone want in general . BUT psoworld made it Clear. SO stop asking about PSU private serve. because your topic will be removed or worse topic close up. Yes we do miss the game and yes there many ways to play the game. but in general we need to face reality and move on Play the game that Sega already provided us . this something I learn when I made that topic on his website. So I think we all need to do is let that stuff go and move on. I wish could happen but they made it clear and there answer is NO so face it and move on. there nothing we can do about it but play what Sega give us and that is all

Zelda aka Yuyustars

Sad new to hear. I wish to see a private server but I guess that's not going to happen.
    Close thread please.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.