Page 5 of 333 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

Interesting. So you can fire WHILE invulnerable? That is fantastic.

Yes; just make sure you fire as soon as possible, as you'll lose some shots as the animation resets if you wait.

If you "combo" the special dodge up to a third roll, you'll do a slow motion roll that lets you fire extra bullets and remain invincible for an especially long period of time.

If you're high in the air by the time you start rolling, you can stay up there almost indefinitely.

You can't PA while dodging in any way.

You can Just Attack into a special dodge, but I don't do enough damage to be able to tell if it'll matter much yet, or whether it applies to the first attack, all three potential attacks, or to none of them. You can't Just Attack from a special dodge, on that note.

A lot of the PAs have tricks to them to make them more effective. There's conjecture on this early in the topic, too.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Interesting. So you can fire WHILE invulnerable? That is fantastic.
    I think you'll love gunner. It's a very addicting class.
    I don't think I'll ever pick up my launcher again at this rate.

I miss my launcher all the time, personally, though Thrillsplosion eases some of that pain.

Thrillsplosion does most of what I'd want to on this class anyway, for better or worse.

Yeah, this is sounding like a serious contender for my subclass slot. I'm really, really liking the idea of FI/GU.

edit: two more stupid questions, sorry

Chaining - does that only work with ranged damage? Could I, say, chain with the melee component of the gunslash? And then the PP recovery skill, is that exclusive to mechguns, or ranged damage in general, or could I also benefit from that with melee?

If both work with melee, this class as a sub...oh my god.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Sep 15, 2012 at 06:19 PM.

No giga, none of the skills you listed are limited to just ranged weapons or mechguns. You can indeed chain with the melee part of a gunslash. Same also applies with using PP restore with gunslashes/rifles. All that is required is that it is a normal attack.

Wait so does Aerial advance make you deal extra damage if YOU are in the air or your ENEMY? Someone said enemy in this thread so just making sure...

Enforcer of Evil™

I barely played Gunner, but you can definitely chain with anything, heck, your allies' attacks count towards the chain. Even their PA, which is cool because otherwise the chain would never go over 10 in a party.

According to bumped, aerial advance increases damage on airborn ennemies. If it increased damage for simply being in the air... Well that'd be too good to be true (or the bonus would be really low, kinda like JA bonus for hunters).

I've found that mechguns aren't easy to get the hang of. Particularly since I pretty much never used the lock on feature with every other weapon in game. But Messiah Time while airborn is the coolest thing ever.
    PSO2 Ship 2 : オゲラウン ("ogeraun"), caseal HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU75. Have a good time.
    Also, team leader of exceRPt, the semi-RP team.

You don't need to lock on to enemies with machineguns any more than you do any other weapon.

So how much bonus do you get for keeping enemies in the air? I noticed I can keep them in the air almost indefinitely with the right combos.