Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm going to compile a list of ideas and things we'd like to see in a sequel. I'll try to get in the habit of posting it every week so that everyone can see what's on the list and what isn't and continue to improve upon it. Then in about a month, I (or someone with better connections) would like to send it off as unsolicited ideas from fans of the series.

In this list I'm going to state that any and all ideas are possessed by no one singular person, but rather a conglomeration of ideas from a large group of fans. (read: don't expect credit for your idea)

Every Friday I will post the recent version of the list. I also think I will keep a static version of the list online for easy and quick viewing at any given moment. (Location to be announced tomorrow)

So let's have it. Post your ideas here and I'll begin compiling everything together. Once I get the first list up (tomorrow), then post further ideas to that.

Rappy Hunter

5 man groups
    Male/female version of each race for thier class
    More techniques such as Zan/gra, and a whole lot more of the support techs
    Using an indirect attack technique such as Jellen should let you gain xp in groups
    More races namely Motavians, Devorians and Espers(although it could be argued that espers are just special humans), musk cats could be a possibility too(Myau was very cool).
    Improve slicers a bit heh
    More equipable items such as arms, boots, helms, and maybe gloves.
    More face and costumes for the characters, and don't give them all to the female characters(FOnewm 7 hairtypes, FOmarl got like 10)
    Androids need alot more body and head types
    More cities, at least 2
    More Dungeon areas, at least 6

All I can think of offhand will add more later

A larger, contiguous world. Forest should actually connect to caves, which connect to mines, etc. The world should not be split up into "rooms" as it is currently.

Allow any class of character to use any avatar. Limiting each class to 3 different models is silly.

Allow players to more directly control their attributes on character creation.

A better combat system. Should be more like Soul Calibur for Hunters. Should involve more aiming skill for Rangers. Should involve more skill (somehow) for Forces. Maybe casting a technique would also be a button combo.

Player skill should be the deciding factor in combat, not his or her stats, or which items he or she uses. The engine should reflect this.

Secure trading.

Private chat.

An ignore list.

Fix the text wrapping.

Allow more chat text at once. Might have to get rid of those silly bubbles.

Fix chat text so that it doesn't obscure the game or menus.

Try harder to discourage cheating.

Fix slowdown in large battles. Use sprites if necessary, just never drop below 30 FPS.

Do not stop players cold the moment they touch a wall. Better yet, don't have so many situations where they'll be close to walls.

Eliminate the VMU code (and the programmer who wrote it) that puts your character in limbo while you're playing.

DON'T DROP PLAYERS' WEAPONS AND MESETA WHEN THEY DIE!

More distinction between character types. I want to see special skills that will only be usable by one class, and different characters in that class should have different levels of those skills according to player preference. I think you should drop EVERTHING when you die, but only you can pick it up. More areas, towns ,dungeons. New classes and races. Different armor, slots weapons hats etc should make yer character look different, no matter what you equip.

Rappy Hunter
    Philly, PA, USA, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth

While the game itself is already a lot like a 3D Diablo, I think there should be a system much like in those games that has to do with weapon and armor wear and tear. Not only would this discourage the use of rare weapons (and they couldn't be stolen if you're not using them!!) and add some overall strategy to the game, but it will add more use for the weapon and armor shops (I haven't bought anything from them since level 12), as they could sell weapon and armor reinforcers and other things like that. I'd like to see some use out of that. Also, there's gotta be a better way to tell whether the Tekkers are being accurate. I can never tell, so I always assume they're right.

Definately more class distinction.

Keep it fairly simple still... gets to complex and it is hard. Already a pain for Forces to keep 1 of each type of spell stocked to combat various monster resistances.

ALL 4 BUTTONS should be remapable. Dont force use keyboard users to waste the Y button.

Tone down the Hunters a tad. Or make the other classes better. Just make it so that everyone and their grandpa wont want to play a Humar. (named Sephiroth. =-)

Private Chat, Secure Trading, NoLoot on dropped items from death. Like the room feature allows you to really pack the number of monsters in an area. But have more Dungeons! 4 was too short!

Allow yourself to save dungeon progress in online! Dont like starting at Forest 1 everytime I make a vhard game.

Dont make all of the rares so difficult to find. Sure, there should definately be some very super rares, but there should be some cool ones (double sabers come to mind) that should be a little more common... if it is a problem that they are too strong, just make a weaker version and allow people to easily find that... that way they too can play with a really neat looking weapon.

this is not really something to add, but more like a comment on things you want added..
    If you beat an area offline you CAN bypass it online.. For Example.. I've beaten VH Forest and Caves so online I can go right to Mines.
    The other comment is you cannot make a character dependent on player skill because then it ceases to be a rpg. and becomes an arcade fighter like gauntlet.
    Would like to see a trade or barter system implemented. Perhaps a VMU system so you can trade items between friends without having to be online.

VMU ^system^ sounds nice... I think they should make it mass multiplayer. They should allow full keyboard shortcuts... and Fix some of the camera issues... Transparent chat boxes would be nice also.....
    MBlaster

The other comment is you cannot make a character dependent on player skill because then it ceases to be a rpg. and becomes an arcade fighter like gauntlet
    RPG stands for "Role Playing Game".

Which one of those three words is a synonym for "must require player to spend many tedious hours leveling up"? That's right! None! Good work! You may now continue to the 2nd grade English course.

You must be on the wrong message board, because it's clear you haven't even played Phantasy Star Online. If you had, you would know that the game already depends on the player's real-time combat skills. Imposing level- and stats- based shackles on the player in addition to that is retarded.

What you meant to say is:

you cannot make a character dependent on player skill because then it ceases to be a tired, boring clone of Final Fantasy and every other RPG made in the last 20 years.
    If you're too poorly coordinated to deal with a more sophisticated real-time combat system, then you'll be happy to know that your computer came with a free pre-installed Solitaire game! You don't even have to warez it! I don't think you can use a Gameshark with it, though.

Rappy Hunter

I think there should be more races and types int he game. THe old types need to be beefed up later and add on some new costumes etc.

We also need a way top challenge people through the Guild Cards so that we can take down thieves etc.

And if we can't fix stuff by ourselves there should be "server cops" that walk around as customized charachters and take down unwanted users etc.

A trading post and also so larger areas because I would like to see some vehicle like machinery int he game where you can transport everywhere...

Basically what I mostly want is a LARGER world etc.

-Zypher