Exclamation English Story patch not working (Tweaker).

So I'm unable to get my English story patch to work properly as it doesn't seem to update in tweaker. After I hit install English Story Patch (New Method), it does its thing until I get this:

I hit yes and it doesn't do anything and says 'currently checking file #2' like so

I can still play, but the story is not translated. The same thing happens with the old method, after installing from the .rar - the same window comes up and it reads the same with 'currently checking file #2'. However after this, talking to a lot of npcs will render me unable to do anything as no text bubble comes up (if I play after the new method, I will be able to talk, but all the text is Japanese).

I've reinstalled the JP files for story and tried patching again to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

I am having the exact same issue. I can't talk to Xie like this :/

Edit: I restored the backup, had the files checked (no errors) and used the new method. I can talk to Xie now without it freezing me in place. What she babbles on about is in japanese, but it's not really important. The story missions seem ok.
    Last edited by SabZero; Oct 26, 2014 at 02:53 AM.

Same issue here I just got rid of everything and re-downloaded everything and it sorta works but everything is in Japanese it's easy enough to make do but it kinda makes stuff a bit more difficult to understand for a newer player like myself T_T

Just wish I'd seen this before the long process I underwent trying to get it working >.<

For future reference how to restore the backup?
    Last edited by rinsha; Oct 28, 2014 at 01:03 PM.

Episode 3 is not translated only i think. That and many of the other random conversations. Well they done a really good job so far so lets hope the keep it up

I'm currently going through episode 2, and all the cutscenes are translated, but the cut-in banter isn't. So far, it hasn't really mattered to follow the story.

The new method did not ask me to create a backup. In the tweaker menu, choose restore backup of JP files, and story patch (since that's the biggest).

Im haveing the same issue, is it just better to play with out the story patch for now or is there a way to fix it?