Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Loading? Your slowdown machine.

Nope... the truth is...server, surprised? When i finished one of my matter quests, it took the server like 3 min in order to change my matter board. It was confusing because the game told me that the mission is finish and items gotten... but matter board remain unchanged. Then when i entered lobby, it took several min in order to load, and i was unable to move.. My PC specs is far superior, it would load in 2-3 sec, those few characters and its area.

I dont care in beta but its not the stuff i would pay big bucks for... Yes game is great and i enjoy it, but its very hard to play having those server issues. Generally somtimes when i pick a item it takes like half a min in order to land in my pocket. 30 000 ms... reaction time. Luckily it doesnt always happen, its some kind of peak situation. Usualy its playable at around 500 ms, but still rather laggy. Under good circumstances 300 ms is possible, but that does require a good server.

How to increase PSO2 value: Fix servers, maybe upgrade or what else. And remove that annoying GG... then it will technically get 2 times better. Game itself is already great, no need for changes except the matter that there is no EN language... (which is a easy matter tbh... some translators do it almost for free if Sega asking for). Remove GG is even easyer, the only real issue is to have better servers, because its pricy.
    Last edited by Xenobia; Apr 20, 2012 at 07:33 AM.

I just think its strange seeing grey models turn into something completely different after some time. I guess its better than seeing models apear out of nowhere, but when even the people behind the counter need to be loaded.... i dunno mayn

They do appear and disappear out of nowhere, sometimes. And are grayed out up to several min upon spawning. Ok im not IT expert so i cant say what nowadays machines are capable of, it surely is never successful, "hardware to strong server side is a fairy tale". Some servers such as Sega servers however, are notorious for being underpowered...
    Prehaps, in term PSO2 is a big success they can afford some bigger babys. It certainly got the potency to be a big success.

How to do so:
    -Release EN setting/translation.
    -Keep AC stuff fair priced
    -Update game content regulary
    -Remove GG
    -For the users to stay cool, as long as none forced to pay... it can be played for cheap, thus, some technical issues can be tolerated. And dont nuke servers when they close to die, general rule for any server. It will only make stuff worse. Best stuff to do is to make a short break or drink a tea, and maybe when done with the server will be back on the track.

= Spicy coins...
    Last edited by Xenobia; Apr 20, 2012 at 08:17 AM.

I think the thing you might find most surprising about server-client communication is that it's all text, and each character is one byte of data. So the challenge is, how do you send important information concisely? If you're too loose, you'll clog both the internet and the server itself with data.

Well another little complaint: The mission complete music is way too loud for my taste. It should be something chilled like in PSO1. And it should just stop playing after awhile imo

I noticed the textures just popping in and out on some characters too. I was standing in a group of people and everyone was just a place holder character. I thought well hey, its lag, the server is in Japan and getting hit with thousands of connections now. I literally walked away and walked back over to the group of people and then their textures popped back in. Could just be a normal bug in a Beta that needs to be fixed. :P
    EVGA x58 Classified 759 Motherboard, Intel 990X CPU @ 4.2 GHz
    Corsair 1200 watt Power Supply, 12 GB DDR3 Corsair
    3x GTX 480's in SLi, Corsair 800D Case
    Please Read, Connection Issue Template.

It's the usual non-sync lag, but that's either client side or just plain distance from the server. It doesn't bother me too much since I can only see it on other people. The game runs a lot better than I had thought, even on medium settings. I'm pleased with the way the game looks at a decent frame rate.

I would probably enjoy it more if I knew what I was working with time to time, but I got the basics down and I'll be ready to tackle any US release.

Things that could improve:

- I miss something for sorting characters. If you create a new character, automatically takes the first position in character list, moving possibly the main character, for example.

That's all for now XD I'm in love with this game!

My girls: Eris, Nėssa, Naethda, Naoki .::2006 - 2010 PC/PS2R.I.P::.

My girls reborn

The Graphics are a lot better than I had thought, I was just looking through my steam screenshots from playing on my laptop and found that enemy's and characters are reflecting off the water.
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...1DFC4CD70EB24/
    And that's on my laptop on "3" settings.
    EVGA x58 Classified 759 Motherboard, Intel 990X CPU @ 4.2 GHz
    Corsair 1200 watt Power Supply, 12 GB DDR3 Corsair
    3x GTX 480's in SLi, Corsair 800D Case
    Please Read, Connection Issue Template.

The basic PAs need to have the stat requirements lowered a little I think - being a level 1 ranger/hunter and not being able to use any PAs besides the basic gunslash one is kind of silly (Newearl).

Only complaint so far, though.

All the throwbacks to PSO are enjoyable though, like the load screen for area movement... pipe with little sprite in it.
    Coming Soon!