Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrii View Post
    watch as you download at under 200kbps :P
    What kind of god-awful internet do you have? Or did you just get it during peak hours? Because when I got my download started, I was looking at 1Mbps consistent.

Have I hated you properly today?

A translated copy of the program really. There's no reliable patching method really. And I mean the launcher, not the game. That IS monitored by gameguard, so yeah, that can't be touched.
    i cant be touched ???? errr really LMAO. i can make a loader to change the credits to english. Not that its really worth bothering with. You can edit what you like while the game is offline. Its only when you go online and it matches crc's where you will d/c.

Actually I execute the game directly without using the launcher (pso2.exe -pso2) so I don't need to disable my internet, and gameguard is up-to-date :P
    This works this is how i booted up my pso2.

Quote Originally Posted by ClothoBuer View Post
    What kind of god-awful internet do you have? Or did you just get it during peak hours? Because when I got my download started, I was looking at 1Mbps consistent.
    I must've done, but at least I could even connect, looks like lots of people are having trouble downloading it. I don't have anywhere to upload the files to, otherwise I would if I could.

With 3.3gigs worth of data to download, you'd need a premium account on a worthwhile file-sharing site, and it'll probably cost a good amount of money. Even then, there's no guarantee that with a direct download like that, people will be able to access it, as some people have connection issues with various file-sharing sites.

Have I hated you properly today?

Quote Originally Posted by ClothoBuer View Post
    With 3.3gigs worth of data to download, you'd need a premium account on a worthwhile file-sharing site, and it'll probably cost a good amount of money. Even then, there's no guarantee that with a direct download like that, people will be able to access it, as some people have connection issues with various file-sharing sites.
    At least it would not be as bad as a torrent, back when I had Comcast I was one of the people who suffered from the bottle necking with peer 2 peer connections. FF XIV was not updating in a day yo.

Doesn't block gameguard, but nice try. GameGuard is a rootkit so I assume it bypasses software firewalls, if not it's process is different to the game it's protecting, in fact it will kill the game process on startup and restart it under it's own process ID, which is why steam can't integrate because steam only sees the process till it ends. It doesn't look for further processes under the same name/mutex.
    I meant to put pos2launcher.exe. My intent was to trigger the GameGuard update. Blocking that and then running the game anyways triggered GameGuard to update on my system.

Though now that you mention that, that is interesting to look at how that works. I don't think that classifies it as a rootkit though. This looks like this would be fun to dismantle and examine more closely.
    Last edited by Misto; Apr 17, 2012 at 09:30 AM.

GameGuard will mean that steam will only recognise the game being open for a few moments. And won't use it's overlay.
    Nope.

That IS monitored by gameguard, so yeah, that can't be touched.
    Nope. The only thing that would matter here is the server with CRC checks and even then...

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    Nope.

Nope. The only thing that would matter here is the server with CRC checks and even then...
    I really hope that steam integration works in final.
    EVGA x58 Classified 759 Motherboard, Intel 990X CPU @ 4.2 GHz
    Corsair 1200 watt Power Supply, 12 GB DDR3 Corsair
    3x GTX 480's in SLi, Corsair 800D Case
    Please Read, Connection Issue Template.

Soooooooooooooo...

How long does it normally take to download the game? I've heard that it's usually about 30 minutes...

...so why is my download 2 hours 46 minutes in with 3 hours 19 minutes remaining.

-Wayu