Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    It's not like bouncer is a bad class or anything, but there's not much in the game that makes up for 255% damage for everyone in the MPA. People want well rounded MPAs for stuff like TD, not full runs of a single class.

It's like when braver came out, and everyone was playing braver and people thought the class sucked because of Sturgeon's Law.
    It's the same for every MMO. Everyone wants the new hotness. It just so happens that this time, it's so damned user-friendly at the start that it kind of pushes you into it.

You should not be able to kill enemies 18-20 levels higher than you like you were walking through a field of wheat. And that's partially the problem with the skill aspect. It doesn't take much skill to kill stuff wholesale early on at all, thus no one bothers to learn it's in's and outs.
    "O power that lies at the root of all creation, O memory inscribed in ages past, hear my call and arise before me... Ancient Catastrophe! This is the fruit of my research."

Quote Originally Posted by IndignationSWF View Post
    You should not be able to kill enemies 18-20 levels higher than you like you were walking through a field of wheat. And that's partially the problem with the skill aspect. It doesn't take much skill to kill stuff wholesale early on at all, thus no one bothers to learn it's in's and outs.
    Indeed. They should have rebalanced earlier content to take into account subclassing and extended gear. Or increase the requirements on extended stuff, it's better than any rare you can use with the same requirements even with the damage variance, and the units make you immortal until you're doing VH way underleveled.

Indeed. They should have rebalanced earlier content to take into account subclassing and extended gear. Or increase the requirements on extended stuff, it's better than any rare you can use with the same requirements even with the damage variance, and the units make you immortal until you're doing VH way underleveled.
    Mhm. I did a test by going into VH Naberius Marathon 2 as soon as I hit 40(unlocked on my BR previously) after demolishing it on Hard only to nearly get my ass handed to me even with extended gear and plenty of buffs and heals. Makes me wonder if it was even tested below VH.

Also, something I need to address: People that are running shops, for the love of god stop gouging on BO equipment if you want decent runs with them. No 7 star sword should be 500+k when it's not grinded/affixed/extended/etc... It's rediculous.
    "O power that lies at the root of all creation, O memory inscribed in ages past, hear my call and arise before me... Ancient Catastrophe! This is the fruit of my research."

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Either you're lying, or all those players are doing something VERY wrong (which is a possibility I won't discount). Either way, the current situation is not pretty.
    I'm running around as a now 65 BO/70 HU, and from the moment I hit 55 to be able to do TD3 I managed to come in at least 6th place at a minimum, averaging 4th place overall with minor crystal collecting.

Loser and apo dorio are fun, if not a joke due to sabers being able to dodge most everything they do with ease, and gap close to catch up during any teleport.

Utility wise I'm using a pair of life steal chance T sabers, with maxed heal share and heal boost, so just being around other people I'm constantly healing them for anywhere from 80-200. That's on top of resta, zondeel, zanverse and the ability to inflict status for fights like Loser.

If there's only two things I see saber BO's doing that bother me, I'ts spamming kestrel rampage (which is good, I use it myself, but is not an end all be all), from sometimes SO far away you'd assume it's only a ranged attack, and never using gear properly. Seriously, photon blade damage is great, their pp regen boost is great, chaining them into combos is great, and nobody else I see does it.

Could be I pick things up fast, or it could be nobody wants to bother experimenting, either way BO as a whole is a great class, not FI tier for damage, but a great class all the same.

Mhm. I did a test by going into VH Naberius Marathon 2 as soon as I hit 40(unlocked on my BR previously) after demolishing it on Hard only to nearly get my ass handed to me even with extended gear and plenty of buffs and heals. Makes me wonder if it was even tested below VH.

Also, something I need to address: People that are running shops, for the love of god stop gouging on BO equipment if you want decent runs with them. No 7 star sword should be 500+k when it's not grinded/affixed/extended/etc... It's rediculous.
    On the topic of testing below VH, it'll be quite a problem for players who are just starting out. (relatively small population I know but still they're there) I still have friends joining the game at a slow rate, some even planned to join at Episode 3's release. They don't have subclasses, all they have is their one class until level 20 then they can get a subclass. It'll be too hard for them to start out.

Also I agree with the price gouging, it's keeping players from willingly buying equipment, I used 2 star matter board boots until VH, when I finally invested in a nice pair of 10 star boots. I never found a single 7-9* Bouncer weapon in the time I played from level 1 to level 40.

The requirements for crafted gear already are insane in the high ExLvs.

They're easiest to use when their exlv is low.

Plus support items exist too x_x;

though I kinda agree with you. extended weapons should be more useful end levels and harder earlier levels.

Jet boots have this problem to a lesser degree.

I'm not regretting investing into a Star Sanis for it's life drain on chance latent and running SH with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiyousei View Post
    On the topic of testing below VH, it'll be quite a problem for players who are just starting out. (relatively small population I know but still they're there) I still have friends joining the game at a slow rate, some even planned to join at Episode 3's release. They don't have subclasses, all they have is their one class until level 20 then they can get a subclass. It'll be too hard for them to start out.

Also I agree with the price gouging, it's keeping players from willingly buying equipment, I used 2 star matter board boots until VH, when I finally invested in a nice pair of 10 star boots. I never found a single 7-9* Bouncer weapon in the time I played from level 1 to level 40.
    Yeah, it's not going to teach them much either for obvious reasons so they could keep struggling until someone decides to correct them rather than just ignore/insult them.

Honestly I'd suggest better class based tutorials.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Not really by that logic.

My post implies that having a tech + PA damage side by side > tech + tech or PA+PA because of damage:duration ratio.

It's just conjecture atm.

Once I stop owning a toaster, I'll do recordings and study what I'm talking about to see if its true or not.
    But if a tech is worth casting due to damage:PP or damage:time being better than a PA, then why use the PA?

Use whichever one does more damage in less time or less PP twice instead of the better one only once followed by something worse.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post
    Jet boots have this problem to a lesser degree.

I'm not regretting investing into a Star Sanis for it's life drain on chance latent and running SH with it.
    Star Sanice 4 lyfe. They'd have to come out with something incredible to replace those boots for me. It helps that every boot PA has super armor, making it beneficial to just tank hits at times.

Ship 2 - Player ID: Faust
    Ashbell HUFIdewman - フランブローズ FOFIcaseal - GALE GUHUmarl