Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Green Coloured Reflection LinkKD's Avatar

Default Sudden IP Ban / FPS Issue using proxy

Recently (like, a week ago more specifically) I came back to playing PSO2 after a long break. The game was connecting and running fine untill yesterday.

When I tried to login today, the tweaker would say the servers were offline. After asking around some friends and stuff, I realized I couldnt load the pso2.jp site either, and that they could log into the game while I couldn't...which seems like something that an IP Ban would cause.

What I'm confused about is why I could log into the game and the site just fine untill yesterday, but suddenly today it seems I got IP banned? I thought that about now SEGA had already stopped adding new IPs to the ban?

Anyway, I tried using the proxy featured in the Tweaker, aswell as using WTFast. Both of them allow me to login, but I immeadetly noticed an issue when I logged. Whenever something connection related happens in the game (namely, people/NPCs loading in the lobby, weapon swapping, block changing, etc) I get a major fps drop spike for some reason. Before I had to use the proxy, my game would always run smooth at 60fps.

I'd like to know, does anyone else also have this issue where the fps drops over connection-related things while using the proxy? Is this supposed to be normal? Is there any way I can fix it?

The effect it takes isnt exactly huge, they're fast fps drop spikes...but it stops me from triple dashing for example, and when I go into a full lobby my fps drops to 10ish, and it stays there for a long while, untill everyone on the area loads (and then if I leave the area and go back there again, the same process happens again). So in the end it can be quite an issue.

Thanks in Advance for any feedback.

How to enjoy MMOs: Less Numbers, More People

Link KD @Deviantart / @Youtube / MY YOUMU VIDEO, WATCH IT !1!

I used to have a similar issue with connection, but, thankfully it's fixed for now. You are not "banned", and definitely not by Sega. But you can't connect to PSO2 due to the way how, well, something works in the Japanese inner network. It seems like your ISP is trying to connect you through a route that's different from before, and that route doesn't accept the format that the Japanese network is broadcasting their signal in or whatever. I tried contacting my ISP over this, and they said that it's out of their hands.

As for your FPS drop, it does happen to me in some online games, but not in PSO2. I think it's somewhat normal when playing online on lower-end machines.

How did you fix your problem?

And also, you didn't get what I meant about the fps drop. My machine isn't lower end, like I said PSO2 would run smoothly at 60fps up to yesterday. What causes the fps drop is using the proxy, not my machine. This is especially true because only things that are related to my connection with the game (like loading other characters/NPCs or changing weapons) cause a fps drop. If I go solo into a field killing mobs without changing weapons, my fps stays at 60 smooth.

Also, on a side note.

A couple friends of mine said that they dont get this fps drop while using the proxy. So it makes me feel like there's something I can do to fix it?

Noone else got this? anyone? :s

The question is if it happens with any proxy or just PSO2 Proxy?

I use pingzapper and the lobby always hangs for me
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Hangs = fps drop?

And like I said in the OP, I tried using WTFast too so...I guess it fits in the "any proxy" category. Some friends seem to not get this though, so...yeah. (and they're using the PSO2 proxy)

I'm also confused as to why my IP would only get banned yesterday, while it wasn't during all this time up to now, but that's a different story.

This kinda sounds like the "bad client" problem some people get.

I don't know to much of it, but there's this strange thing were you log in the game gives you a "client" and sometimes it gives you a "bad client" when you get this "bad client" you get things like fps drops when someone switches a weapon when people load into your MPA etc etc.

Also your load times increase and the loading tube looks very "choppy" and not smooth. I remember seeing a video of this on nico nico a while back.

Try uninstalling the English patch/story patch etc etc by doing a file search in the launcher or in the tweaker. It's the option that pretty much downloads all the vanilla pso2 files. Then try logging in again without installing any English patches.

I know someone with this problem and when they uninstalled all the English patches and simply started the game up vanilla style it went back to running smoothly. Sounds crazy? Maybe but if it works for him it maybe works for you?

Quote Originally Posted by LinkKD View Post
    Hangs = fps drop?

And like I said in the OP, I tried using WTFast too so...I guess it fits in the "any proxy" category. Some friends seem to not get this though, so...yeah. (and they're using the PSO2 proxy)

I'm also confused as to why my IP would only get banned yesterday, while it wasn't during all this time up to now, but that's a different story.
    Some people said that WTFast is resource-demanding, but idk since i never use it.
    Have you ever try PSO2Proxy from tweaker?

You might get IP banned if your ISP doing something, but i believe it's not permanent like SEA IP Ban.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Appearently, a friend of mine seems to have found a solution for the problem, and it's the most simple/weird one lol.

Basically, it seems that running the tweaker as admin makes all the fps drop stop, no idea why. I'm not entirely sure, but there seems to be some more latency, compared to when the fps drop is there too...but that could be related to the times when I tested and whatnot really. Either way, it's much better than the fps drop.

Either way, yeah. If anyone else has this problem, try running the tweaker as admin lol.