View Poll Results: How would you rate it?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • horrible

1 1.11%
  • bad

1 1.11%
  • average

15 16.67%
  • good

62 68.89%
  • the best

11 12.22%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default How would you describe pso2 gameplay/combat?

would you consider PSO2 to be the fastest in terms of combat and gameplay?
    excluding everything else how would you rate pso2 in terms of combat system?

personally, out of all the other games i've played, nothing compares to PSO2 in this field, Tera, vindictus, and all the other "popular" mmos don't even compare.

I have a stubborn friend who played for a week with high lag, as a ranger, and never got to even rockbear, who still believe that vindictus is way faster?
    i mean really? vindictus has been one of the shittiest overrated games i've played alongside with tera, and that is, i played as "Lann" which is considered the fastest class in terms of combat.

anyways, what do you guys think?

edit: if pso2 is not the best, which other mmorpg would you consider better?
    Last edited by infiniteeverlasting; Oct 24, 2014 at 02:15 PM.

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

I'd have to go with good. PSO2's combat is a huge factor in why I haven't been able to put the game down for long periods of time. It also made it impossible for me to play games like TERA without falling asleep. Though, I still can't say it's the best.

The system is good but the mechanics are bad

The whole balance thing is a piece of shit and it becomes a flinchfest or burst damage race.

If we took ourselves back to the old days of being low level people would still love it

I say it's alright nothing to write home about it's fast but in some aspects it feels stiff.

Not cuhrazy enough

The biggest issue for me is coming in straight from almost non stop monster hunter for 6 years and I could never really fully wrap my min around the combat it's fun not going to deny that but it's still foreign for me. So my opinion is a bit biased.

I think pso2 is up there and has little in the way of competition but as far as combat goes it can't even touch vindictus. Vind has a much higher skill cap where timing and decision making actually impact success whereas pso2 you pick your favorite PA, spam right-mouse and you win everything. Also vind lacks all the gamebreaking abilities besides transforming (which is a 1-per-hour thing and doesn't guarantee success).

better than other games.
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxy View Post
    I think pso2 is up there and has little in the way of competition but as far as combat goes it can't even touch vindictus. Vind has a much higher skill cap where timing and decision making actually impact success whereas pso2 you pick your favorite PA, spam right-mouse and you win everything. Also vind lacks all the gamebreaking abilities besides transforming (which is a 1-per-hour thing and doesn't guarantee success).
    vindictus is just so utterly boring and slow though =.=" it feels no different from tera almost.

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

I find the combat system to be ok.

There are a lot of updates and nerfs I didn't like in the mechanics.

I don't like the entire "PAs over level 10 can't be sold in playershops" and I feel like the class system is kind of messed up.

If I redesigned the whole system I would simply make a system where we have General and Specific. The General Side would return this game to orientation of Hunter (Melee Attacker), Ranger (Ranged Attacker), Force (Tech Attacker).

It would be one tree that would be uniform....

S-ATK UP
    R-ATK UP
    T-ATK UP

Health UP
    PP UP
    DEX UP

S-DEF UP
    R-DEF UP
    T-DEF UP

Each Player will have 40 points. The gains would be a lot better than what we see in most trees and would be a lot closer to Force's T-ATK High Up. Each value will have 10 levels. For Attack after level 5, overall attack damage will increase by 2%. The same would exist for Defense

Health Passed Level 5 would receive more Resta restoration effect on the player
    For PP it would be slightly faster regeneration
    For Dex it would reduce variance by 10% between min and max damage, so your damage should be 95 - 100% at Level 10

All of these give raw numbers from level 1 - 5, from level 6 - 10 they give lower numbers and a bonus.

This becomes important because this becomes a template for all the attributes one receives at Leveling Up. In essence, we are creating our own Level Up Template from this...

The game would work to Level from 1 to 100.

What would happen next is that we would have the class trees.

The Class Trees would be heavy, and we would earn points at the end of completed missions to use towards unlocking elements of the class trees. However, they have their restrictions and in the end players would unlock practically everything....

The idea of the class tree is to put in things very specific to the class. Class Skills, Class Modifiers, Stuff like "Fire Damage increases by 20% is in Force trees" and we see that already. Stuff like "Increase T-ATK by 10 points" are things that piss me off. I rather have the actual multipliers on the classes themselves...along with actual useful skills

The players would pick a centralized class.

I would balance things by having players have Affinity. An Affinity would be either Hunter, Force, or Ranger, and would be determined by how far one goes in the tree. For example....If I go Force, I would get One Aura for playing Force at least...but then I went into T-ATK to push it up...I wanted some Range as well...Just in case...

I would end up with a class that might have a Tech Affinity of 4 (max) and perhaps a ranger affinity of 2...maybe I could put in points for hunter affinity of 1.

We would then go into the Skill Trees themselves. Players would earn points at the end of missions (and through COs) to unlock the skills trees. In fact it would be a second type of experience.

We then have three types of skills for the sake of balance.....

1) Class Based Restriction (A skill can only be used if a player mains the class), those would be super big game breaking skills. Stuff we know only a Super Main should have. This prevents a player from getting max affinity with two classes and having a Double-Super Skill on each stack. We know a Hunter should not cast a spell that fires 48 meteors into the ground with AoE as large as Lina Inverse's Dragon Slave...

2) Affinity based Restriction: These skills, abilities and passives can be used and have their power based on Affinity Levels. This would allow multipliers to stack without being too powerful.

3) Free Skills (Any Class can use these fully)

Ok, how to make it all work?

Players would have a limited amount of points, in which players can reset and customize anytime they are outside a mission...

The way it would work is that, we have talked about Class Trees as just trees to unlock abilities, and nothing more....representing Class. We need a CHARACTER TREE in which we pick the abilities we want to use from everything we have unlocked and move them into the tree.

We would then slot these skills, passives, stances, abilities, etc. We would slot them as part of our character sheet so the top half has our raw numbers, the right has our equipment, and the bottom has our chosen skills, stances, abilities, etc....which has their affinity based restrictions, and class based restrictions to have them stack together...

So now we have literally controlled the kind of attributes we see at level up, we also now control the skills we want to use, and the game recognizes that we still have our main choice of going after Hunter, Ranger, or Force playstyles and rewarding us for that, without giving us too much...

Of course no system is perfect, but its just my own idea for a system.
    Its more like "The Secret World meets PSO-2"

I would love something like this because then we can control how we truly play, and there will be far less junk in the Class Trees...

Numerical = General Tree unless the number is SO BIG it must be in a class tree.
    Multipliers and everything else = Class Trees....

Like I stated before...I hate the entire "Lets waste three to five points in order to unlock real shit.....on every class tree in PSO2.

I kind of wish the entire "Give me a tree....that lets me control how to level, then just let me unlock abilities...put some kind of restriction and then let me customize to my playstyle.....
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"