Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 212829303132333441 ... LastLast

Are people really that hung up on a small translation. Regardless I look forward to the na beta. Glad more can enjoy the game
    Meta77 and Melissa- The Ultimate dream team *in any game* aka cheesy duck and icecream bunny.
    Meta77-Level 150 FF: Human/M
    Metal Meta77-Level 150MG: Cast/M
    Neo Meta77-Level 149 MT: Newman/M
    Kasumi77-Level 64 F: Cast/F

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    Because they thought that's how it was meant to be translated as it was meant to be Fantasy, though.
    Almost forgot. Should change Dark Falz to Dark Force too.
    https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/phantasy
    It's not like the "phantasy" word doesn't exist.

Also about Dark Falz, wouldn't "Dark Force" be ダークフォース, and not the ダークファルス that is used in the games? :>
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by watashiwa View Post
    ITT: Weebs playing JP PSO2 reaching really hard to find any reason to shit on the NA version and/or prevent people from playing there.

Pretty sad.
    Eh, personally I think "Techter" sounds incredibly stupid compared to Techer, but I probably would have personally spelled it "Tekker." I have my own issues with some of the translations likely being used, but nothing I would say to people "Don't play the game, it's crap, go play here instead!"

If you can only play the NA version for whatever reason, go for it. Have fun with it. If you want to play it, go for it. Have fun with it. I only really recommend the JP version since the few things that aren't translated are relatively minor (partner character quotes in missions and a few odd side mission encounters,) as well as aaaaaalllllll the crossover stuff being present which can make for more options when making / customizing characters. But if you don't feel like going through the hassle to set up a JP account for the game, I wouldn't fault someone for sticking with the NA version.

I plan on playing both, since I have friends who can't or won't play the JP one, and I worked really hard to get where I am in the JP one and get shit like that damn pole dance emote, dangit. They can pry that lobby action from my cold, dead hands!
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    Eh, personally I think "Techter" sounds incredibly stupid compared to Techer, but I probably would have personally spelled it "Tekker." I have my own issues with some of the translations likely being used, but nothing I would say to people "Don't play the game, it's crap, go play here instead!"

If you can only play the NA version for whatever reason, go for it. Have fun with it. If you want to play it, go for it. Have fun with it. I only really recommend the JP version since the few things that aren't translated are relatively minor (partner character quotes in missions and a few odd side mission encounters,) as well as aaaaaalllllll the crossover stuff being present which can make for more options when making / customizing characters. But if you don't feel like going through the hassle to set up a JP account for the game, I wouldn't fault someone for sticking with the NA version.

I plan on playing both, since I have friends who can't or won't play the JP one, and I worked really hard to get where I am in the JP one and get shit like that damn pole dance emote, dangit. They can pry that lobby action from my cold, dead hands!
    I have played the JP version with the translation, actually just stopped a couple of months ago, but have a number of level 90 jobs, and did all the story and quests there was to do. There’s actually quite a bit of text that is not translated. It isn’t just “partner character quotes” and side mission encounters. From what I saw, besides the interface and main story stuff (which actually there is some stuff missed in Ep3, the part where you’re inside of Double has some quotes from L not translated, for example), that’s basically all that is translated. Even the interface misses some translations as well. A good number of side missions aren’t done. A lot of NPC text in the various lobbies, not done. A lot of “filler” text isn’t done either. For people who enjoy lore or people who don’t like their immersion broken, it kind of sucks in that regard. The JP translation will NOT give you a complete experience. Period.

I’m not really complaining about the JP translation, though, just pointing out facts that it definitely has more missing than people would lead you to believe. For some of the supporters of JP over NA to come in here and pretend otherwise is just idiotic. Also idiotic is people coming in here and pointing out stupid stuff like an abbreviation difference (the MEL thing) or Techer over Techter, when the official translation is correct. Even in JP it is “Tekuta”, not “Tekka” or anything like that. It is a severe reach for trying to find things to diss because of MAH SUPERIOR JAPANESE VERSION and wanting to find something to complain about in regards to the NA version.

I spent a good deal of money on the JP version, but I am still looking forward to playing the NA version and experiencing the game with a complete translation, all the filler, etc, English voices, and a new community, filled with English speaking players who may be finding this game and experiencing Phantasy Star Online for the first time thanks to it being free to play and easily accessible from the Microsoft Store and, eventually, hopefully, Steam.

I also hope the rumor about it being a timed exclusive and coming to PS4 holds true as well. The more people who can find and get onto this game, increasing the popularity and population, the better.

I’m hyped.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

Quote Originally Posted by watashiwa View Post
    I have played the JP version with the translation, actually just stopped a couple of months ago, but have a number of level 90 jobs, and did all the story and quests there was to do. There’s actually quite a bit of text that is not translated. It isn’t just “partner character quotes” and side mission encounters. From what I saw, besides the interface and main story stuff (which actually there is some stuff missed in Ep3, the part where you’re inside of Double has some quotes from L not translated, for example), that’s basically all that is translated. Even the interface misses some translations as well. A good number of side missions aren’t done. A lot of NPC text in the various lobbies, not done. A lot of “filler” text isn’t done either. For people who enjoy lore or people who don’t like their immersion broken, it kind of sucks in that regard. The JP translation will NOT give you a complete experience. Period.

I’m not really complaining about the JP translation, though, just pointing out facts that it definitely has more missing than people would lead you to believe. For some of the supporters of JP over NA to come in here and pretend otherwise is just idiotic. Also idiotic is people coming in here and pointing out stupid stuff like an abbreviation difference (the MEL thing) or Techer over Techter, when the official translation is correct. Even in JP it is “Tekuta”, not “Tekka” or anything like that. It is a severe reach for trying to find things to diss because of MAH SUPERIOR JAPANESE VERSION and wanting to find something to complain about in regards to the NA version.

I spent a good deal of money on the JP version, but I am still looking forward to playing the NA version and experiencing the game with a complete translation, all the filler, etc, English voices, and a new community, filled with English speaking players who may be finding this game and experiencing Phantasy Star Online for the first time thanks to it being free to play and easily accessible from the Microsoft Store and, eventually, hopefully, Steam.

I also hope the rumor about it being a timed exclusive and coming to PS4 holds true as well. The more people who can find and get onto this game, increasing the popularity and population, the better.

I’m hyped.
    Just being able to check title requirements without having to deep dive into a Wiki or aim Google translate app at your screen just to find the app not detecting the text, is a QoL improvement I'm gonna enjoy. People shit on the Font being ugly but since its thinner it can probably fit more characters into those tiny chat and description boxes.

So does anyone know the translated weapon names??? I guess it’s on Twitter but I’m not having any luck finding it. Twin Sabers is now Soaring Blades etc.

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    0_o so like 10 people will beta test it?

Seriously, not that I care about the upcoming (and possibly butchered) western release of PSO2, but they should at least release it on PC at the same time.
    This has always been my thinking with Online titles & its' later PC release.

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    So does anyone know the translated weapon names??? I guess it’s on Twitter but I’m not having any luck finding it. Twin Sabers is now Soaring Blades etc.
    Hunter weapons weren't mentioned by name.
    Twin Daggers, Knuckles and Double Sabers are same
    Dual Blades (not Twin Sabers) are Soaring Blades
    Katana is same

Launcher is same
    TMG are same
    Assault Rifle is same
    Bow was mentioned but missing the "Bullet" in its name

Rod is same
    Wand is same
    Talis is same
    Jet Boots are same
    Pets are still pets

Thx Blader! And it’s now Techter or something. Appreciated-

I managed to get some redeem codes and am now good for the beta, yay.

Beta is extremely tight for my timezone though for these urgents and such so I have some questions to help me actually be able to contribute when these urgents pop up and not be like lv1 scrublord.

I think by time I get on I will have like two hours before the 2nd urgent on Saturday, after the tutorial what should I look to be doing quest/mission-wise?

Also I'll be going for the basic hunter class, and I've heard about these traps in some kind of skill tree or something? Is there a guide any where for this, and if I do get something dumb, can I 'reroll' somehow?