Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    PSO2 & PSPortable2 Addict Amherst_Wind's Avatar

There are tons of things that are dropping now that were exclusive to DLC in the JP version. I haven't found many myself but people are reporting getting Illuminus Coat for one thing.

The only people who think the US version will get DLC now must be wearing these... xD

- - - - - - - PS Zero: Anna - - - - - -|- - - - - PS Portable: Amherst - - - - -

I have a stupid question. Is it possible that the Japanese DLC missions are on the US UMD? The only reason why I am asking is because it looks like the developers of PSP made the effort to put some of the Japanese DLC weapons into the normal game, maybe they did the same with these missions and they are somewhere on the UMD.

If it is a stupid question then please don't flame me, I don't own a copy of PSP yet, I'm still waiting for it to arrive in the mail so I obviously haven't played the finsied game yet.

They aren't, and the US version doesn't recognize the DLC file in my memory stick.

Mayor McCheese

Quote Originally Posted by Zarode View Post
    They aren't, and the US version doesn't recognize the DLC file in my memory stick.
    Seconded. I tried following the same exact instructions on the JP site. Then I tried changing the folder name to reflect the US release. Nada.

Quote Originally Posted by sodandy View Post
    There are tons of things that are dropping now that were exclusive to DLC in the JP version. I haven't found many myself but people are reporting getting Illuminus Coat for one thing.

Yeah, I found the coat in the ice caves during the offline story mode... Of course my female beast could not wear it, GRRRR!

That's sad, Sega is playing it "safe" by taking out DLC, so if the game doesn't sell well, they don't have to waste money keeping up with DLC.
    Maybe people can patch JP version with english?

Playing PS2/PC PSU since: October 26, 2006
    Fav Weapons: Axes, Swords, Fists, Shotgun, Gernade launcher, Laser Cannons and EX traps.
    “Just a little rusty RED cast made from old Sega console parts."

Quote Originally Posted by RED_cast View Post
    That's sad, Sega is playing it "safe" by taking out DLC, so if the game doesn't sell well, they don't have to waste money keeping up with DLC.
    Maybe people can patch JP version with english?
    Let's worry about making the file work, then translating it. It seems everything is built into the file though, so it shouldn't be too hard.

You can also get a Sacred Duster from obtaining a title. Not too sure which, I got it on the JP version. Another thing that I got in the US version that isn't obtainable in any of the free JP missions was a Formalwear, which I got in the Second mission, I think.

Hearty Official Member Chuck_Norris's Avatar

I just got two Soul Eaters from a spawn of Darbeleans, and it doesn't seem to be listed on PSUpedia.

Edit: Found a pair of Twin Distortions at Cost of Research S. Dropped in the boss boxes. Party leader for both of those drops was Fighmaster.
    Last edited by Chuck_Norris; Mar 8, 2009 at 04:36 AM.