i started a game on my friends DC and everything, but then i got the game for myself, now i want to use the memory card and use my character on my own DC and my own version of pso that i bought, is this possible or will this screw up my character?

I posted this a couple other times in threads below, but I like sounding like a broken record. When you create a character, it is identified by PSO serial number of the DC it's created on. If you try to play this character on any system registered with a DIFFERENT serial number, it will not work. You'd need to remake.

If you can email the file to yourself, would it be possible to edit the file on a pc and email it back to the DC? Are there any specs on the save file format, so that someone might manually change the serial number? Thanks
    Mblaster

But what about this? I signed up for SegaNet. They said it would take 4-6 weeks after i signed up to get the rebate credit slip. So, it has been four weeks, so I decided to go get PSO. I bought it then waited for the credit slip. I called SEGA today and found out its 4-6 weeks after your second bill, or basically 8-10 weeks. But I want to play PSO now. Is there any way for me to play on a friends dreamcast, then flush the internal settings and play on my dreamcast when i get it? I really wanna play but i don't want to register my stuff if it will screw me over so i can't play. pls help.

oh yeah future FOmarl..sexy and sultry...Mystariana

heheh...i hope i can play and then erase until i get my new dc