Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24249505152535455 LastLast

I know this is a topic of discussion but can you guys relax? 52 pages over something we know barely anything about..? Really?

We can talk about the possibility of an IP block, but the fact is, we don't know!
    We can talk about collab and "sexy" costume being removed from west release, but the fact is, we don't know!
    We can discuss the possibility that west release might just be a JP server expansion with official english patch, but the fact is, we don't know!
    etc

I'm all for open discussion but this thread has been the same speculation over and over.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBlob View Post
    We can talk about the possibility of an IP block, but the fact is, we don't know!
    the block would be up already if not since the DDoS situation

We can talk about collab and "sexy" costume being removed from west release, but the fact is, we don't know!
    not likely unless Sega caves into SJW cries (even though they arent playing the game, just angry) but this would have happened already by now too

We can discuss the possibility that west release might just be a JP server expansion with official english patch, but the fact is, we don't know!
    yep, people waiting on this info

I'm all for open discussion but this thread has been the same speculation over and over.
    all speculation and the usual community paranoia
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

52 pages
    But it's only 6 pages!

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    But it's only 6 pages!
    I had 100 posts per page too at some point, then I decided to start reading the Fashion posts as well. My internet connection would not handle that. So I dropped down to 20 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrious12 View Post
    The reason why they are so bothered is due to 1. The game finally coning west after what they all deem is "too late", knowing full well they had a english release ready to go all those years ago, but SEGA decided to make a deal with a certain asian publisher to not release PSO2 anywhere else, the west basically, for at least 5 years. Sega who has a glorious record of bad decision making, agreed to it. Likely their justification for it was thinking their would be no profit in the west afterall due to all the hacking and cheating that happens in the west, which devalues the franchise and turns players away thus no money, when in reality, it was their own incompetence for not taking proper security measures. Thus why alot of the players here will appear jaded to you.
    I'm honestly intrigued by this. Do you have some sort of source for this one? Because I find it highly ridiculous especially after you said that this is based on your experience. Do you honestly think that Sega would actually agree to have a deal with a 3rd party publisher from SEA to not even release their game to the west and only for the SEA regions which back then we don't even know if it'll succeed or not especially when SEA players are more into competitive games and mobage? Do you really think that a 3rd party publisher have that much power over Sega to push them to not even release one of their biggest IP to the west?

Quote Originally Posted by HardBoiledPapa View Post
    I'm honestly intrigued by this. Do you have some sort of source for this one? Because I find it highly ridiculous especially after you said that this is based on your experience. Do you honestly think that Sega would actually agree to have a deal with a 3rd party publisher from SEA to not even release their game to the west and only for the SEA regions which back then we don't even know if it'll succeed or not especially when SEA players are more into competitive games and mobage? Do you really think that a 3rd party publisher have that much power over Sega to push them to not even release one of their biggest IP to the west?
    He knows about as much as everyone else and i didnt even want to call him out about the SEA contract "expiring" as the reason why it never came West. Simple rumors over the years without concrete sources
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jun 20, 2019 at 03:12 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

prince of darkness rise urbanus's Avatar

guess ill hope once more...oof
    ship 2 block 20 names Jettai

An Afternoon Book Burning modoru's Avatar

well, he knows "business" and he "has played games for many years"

ergo, he knows more than any of us
    ship02 / playerID: modos / the pso2es dream is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrious12 View Post
    Its called experience, and I know how bussiness works especially when it concerns video games. Time will tell, but I know full well this is the number one fear you and many others have. Its why you are arguing it till your blue in the face, spite your denial.
    You know jack shit, and no more then the rest of us, unless you directly work at sega, your "speculation" means nothing.

Knows "business" but can't even spell it correctly.

Sit down.

And this is one of those things that happens when you bring back a series that was not meant to continue....

Now don't get me wrong PSO from PSU to PSO2 (And Idola) was cool and all, but these are as much as they are "PS" games as Dragon Ball Super was ...Well Dragon Ball (Okay Z as well but that's another story,) And now the series has become something it never was (Semi Hentai, Waifu Party) When will the madness end? When Sega Has ruined every bit of it's reputation?? i hope not because that would really SUCK!

Let's be honest, this is getting out of hand even for a "Phantasy Star" game. But yeah,, The times and all.

But couldn't it have been with a different, ip? a new franchise? Why can they just stick to their mandate and just let the series RIP after 4?

Isn't that so hard to just LEAVE THINGS ALONE?

i'm not trying to crap on anyone's fond memories of these 3D games or the western release of PSO2 (i plan to still play it ...and maybe the other 3D games eventually,) Nor do i disregard what each game post classic has accomplished in their own right, I just hate what it's become.

Bringing back a series is one thing, but it's definitely another when you strip it of it's identity, and turn it into what it never was,
    Last edited by StreetFighter2242; Jun 21, 2019 at 04:36 PM.
    PSO2 (NA):

Ship 2 Hu-lvl 26

Ship 1 Bo lvl 12