Default PSO2 Character Creation empty; no music or anything

When I go to create my character, I get nothing on my screen. There's no music or any sort of animations besides the animated background. There are also no graphics to click. The only way I know it's not frozen or anything is because the background is still animated and when I click on the "x" to close the window, it asks me if I'm sure I want to quit the game.

This is all I see.

What should I do? Anybody having this problem? I haven't seen anything about it online, and I looked for a while. All the problems I found were people saying the game's crashing. My game's fine; not crashing at all. Just hanging at the creation screen...
    I've made a character and account before though, back in January. I have a new account though, and when I log into my old one, picking my old character and playing as it gives me no problem at all. It's only when I'm making a new character on my new account...

PSO-GC Vet. PSO2 Newbie.. CrimsonHedgie's Avatar

If I take a guess it would be the story patch? Try re-checking all your files (3rd option down on the launcher)

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonHedgie View Post
    If I take a guess it would be the story patch? Try re-checking all your files (3rd option down on the launcher)
    Wow... you're a genius! That was exactly the problem. After getting rid of the story patch, the game plays normally again. Guess I won't be using the story patch ;c

Thanks again :'DDD

I'm totally looking forward to the updated patch AIDA fight the good fight!

how to get rid of the story patch? can you please tell me? I'm having the same problem as this...