Quote Originally Posted by red1228 View Post
    Dexterity & Weapon Rank affect damage variance, not having a bunch of affixes on it. I believe 10* & up weapons are "hard locked" to do 90-100% of their damage regardless... unless extended.

If your weapon is extended/crafted, you will need to raise its Ex-Level until the crafting process needs "Silver" grade materials. Doing so brings its Damage Variance to a much more manageable 80-100%. Some DEX stat on your mag (nearly all the "Super serious top-optimized-only players will tell you to avoid doing that), Saiki 11* units or DEX affixes on your gear will make that near/at " 10* & up " damage variance.

Avoid the 7* Red & Blue named weapons at all costs. Even though some of them look cool & they have very high stats for such low ranked weapons (raw stats being on par with 10* weapons); their damage variance is something like 40-100% of projected damage. They also do not have any weapon potentials. Which means that they are missing out on an additional +3 ~ 20% damage.

tl;dr
    If you want more consistent damage, either use higher ranked weapons or raise your DEX stat.
    wait, my bad. I meant extend and for some reason typed affix.

I am a level 75 fighter, I like using double saber, knuckles, and gunslash. what is the best photon arts setup for the following double saber for max power damage. what is the best photon arts setup for knuckles for max power damage. What is the best photon arts setup for gunslash? I am using a againsts monster mobs and bosses. Also small note what about the twin daggers are they any good, if so what is the best setup for them too as well? What is the best element to use in all attackes fire, ice, dark, light, lightning or wind?
    Last edited by diamondx; Jul 2, 2015 at 10:32 AM.

Question about screenshots. I have the game on max settings, but when I take screenshot, it's like lowest quality, no antialiasing at all.

What's the secret for better quality? Should I use something like fraps to take screens?

Tried png in the options?

Quote Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
    Question about screenshots. I have the game on max settings, but when I take screenshot, it's like lowest quality, no antialiasing at all.

What's the secret for better quality? Should I use something like fraps to take screens?
    If you enchance the game graphic effect using third-party program probably the build-in screenshot feature can't capture the effects, you have to use different program like fraps, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    wait, my bad. I meant extend and for some reason typed affix.
    Extended weapons using the silva or higher materials have less damage variance than lower extend levels, but more than rare weapons. It's a hard increase rather than gradual, and as far as I know it doesn't go any higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Sora3100 View Post
    Tried png in the options?
    Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    If you enchance the game graphic effect using third-party program...
    I have changed capture to png. I also tried scaling the 1080 image down (similar to oversampling) that didn't do much either. Not using any third party program tho, it looks pretty good in game but screenshots are so. meh.

Only thing left would be to render at twice monitor resolution and downsample, but not sure if it's even possible with pso2.

Thanks for suggestions.

Since bumped isnt updated with exact %.

Whats the boost for Limited quest today?

And sub question due to EXP penalty at 53 should i stay in VH or go-ahead and move to SH? (Trying to be experience gain efficient )
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

the new elder-loser quest only available till august?

will it still appear afterward?

Quote Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
    I have changed capture to png. I also tried scaling the 1080 image down (similar to oversampling) that didn't do much either. Not using any third party program tho, it looks pretty good in game but screenshots are so. meh.

Only thing left would be to render at twice monitor resolution and downsample, but not sure if it's even possible with pso2.

Thanks for suggestions.
    try turning off blur in video setting

Quote Originally Posted by diamondx View Post
    I am a level 75 fighter, I like using double saber, knuckles, and gunslash. what is the best photon arts setup for the following double saber for max power damage. what is the best photon arts setup for knuckles for max power damage. What is the best photon arts setup for gunslash? I am using a againsts monster mobs and bosses. Also small note what about the twin daggers are they any good, if so what is the best setup for them too as well? What is the best element to use in all attackes fire, ice, dark, light, lightning or wind?
    "Best Damage" is subjective, but...

Double Sabers are all about crowd control these days. Hurricane Sender & Chaos Riser for that (with Chaos Rising actually doing decent damage if you have gear). You can also use Tornado Dance for "approach" and/or building up gear.

For Knuckles, it depends on what you're fighting. Straight Charge does very nice damage for what it cost (15pp to do three hits of 11,000 each when I charge it). Heartless Impact is great for combo start ups (fast, long distance covered & homing). Both Pendulum Roll & Thousand Flash hit like a truck, with Pendulum Roll having some iFrames in the front & Thousand Flash having super armor (getting hit doesn't cancel the attack). As always, BackHand Smash can do some very impressive DPS (I still don't like it, even after the buff). Quake Howl has some actual range to it now (to actually match the animation) & will trigger Chase Advance if you put any points in that perk.

For Gunslash... Most players probably still suggest using it for the ranged abilities (aka. spamming Addition Bullet). But I personally like doing Strezwei (melee version) > Serpent Air > Rage Dance.

When it comes to Twin Daggers... many players would probably suggest just spamming Symphonic Drive. 25pp cost, homing (including aerial, hard to reach targets), decent damage & it automatically builds gear. If you're feeling adventurous: Shoot Polka & Wild Rhapsody are both quick & decent damage. Bloody Sarabonade has guard frames from the front & Facet Folia has complete damage immunity after the first hit connects.

Unless you're playing Force, Techer, Wise-Stance-Braver or Bouncer: It doesn't really matter what element you have on your weapons, as long as its maxed (50% for 1* ~ 12*, 60% for 13*). Outside of extremely rare situations (I can only think of Falz Hunar or failing to complete the E-Trials in Extreme Quests), Any element on your weapon will be a straight multiplier. So a 50% fire Fighting Beat will pretty much always be getting a 50% damage boost, even against Volcano enemies.
    Last edited by red1228; Jul 2, 2015 at 02:12 PM.

Spoiler!