Question Connection Issues

Good morning everyone, I've been a long time lurker on these forums and love the community that has supplied a lot of very useful information since the original PSO til now. I was hoping you all can help me or had a solution to it if it happened to you.

Here's the issue:

I was able to download PSO2 updates from the game itself just fine last Tuesday since this last update. On Wednesday morning, I kept getting the Error 105. Researched it and the solutions haven't worked.

Using the Tweaker was the same thing. It hangs on the updating patch server and completes saying it's done. No progress bar or anything like it did in the past. Start the game and it was not updated. Used the Fix Connections on the Tweaker, same thing.

Uninstall it and Re-install with AIDA's english installation, same 105, File Check through PSO2, error 103. I go to SEGA's PSO2 site to download the game, the connection times out. Weird... Unplugged cable modem and router for a minute and turn on. Same thing. My laptop with PSO2, same thing. Must be my network?

I checked the router and cable modem software. All ports open. Nothing was changed.

Learning about HotSpot Shield from one of the posts here, installed it, and it everything works fine. I disconnect HotSpot and it doesn't update or downloads the client from the PSO2 website. What could have happened from Tuesday night when I was able to connect and play to Wednesday where I find out HotSpot Shield was needed to update and play the game? Any ideas? Thank you for taking the time to read this.

tl;dr: Could play PSO2 last Tuesday just fine, after the Wednesday update I need HotSpot Shield to update the client. No router or cable modem settings were changed.
    Last edited by hadoukyuu; Sep 30, 2013 at 07:40 AM.

Happens to me just now...What I do is checking for missing files and several other troubleshooting functions in the PSO2Tweaker.

I can't give any solid advice since it happens to me about 1 hour ago, but you should give it a try.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

Quote Originally Posted by KazukiQZ View Post
    Happens to me just now...What I do is checking for missing files and several other troubleshooting functions in the PSO2Tweaker.

I can't give any solid advice since it happens to me about 1 hour ago, but you should give it a try.
    I've tried mostly all of the troubleshooting functions in the Tweaker and it hangs on the patching updates. The only conclusion I came to is that it seems to be a networking issue as using HotSpot Shield lets me download the updates from PSO2 itself, the Tweaker, and able to download the game client from PSO2's website. I'm able to play now just fine but I need HotSpot Shield to update the client. I use Tweaker to start the game and it runs fine.

To add to this:
    Using Troubleshooting -> Troubleshoot Connection Issues I get,
    Connecting to patch server
    ERROR/ ERROR / ERROR

Oh wow, this has been going on ever since last Wednesday? Have you tried changing your IP? Because if you can only connect via a proxy, I think this means there is some sort of block... maybe. I don't really know, though, because I never had the problem with PSO2.

By the way, what's your ISP and location?

I've actually had this issue since the original Dark Falz update in December. Identical symptoms to you. I think it's Sega blocking the ISP. All modems, and everything that runs through my ISP refuses to connect to the update server, but works through hotspot shield.

Quote Originally Posted by This_Moment View Post
    Oh wow, this has been going on ever since last Wednesday? Have you tried changing your IP? Because if you can only connect via a proxy, I think this means there is some sort of block... maybe. I don't really know, though, because I never had the problem with PSO2.

Optimum Online/ New Jersey, USA

Quote Originally Posted by HaxMega View Post
    I've actually had this issue since the original Dark Falz update in December. Identical symptoms to you. I think it's Sega blocking the ISP. All modems, and everything that runs through my ISP refuses to connect to the update server, but works through hotspot shield.
    Dang.

Quote Originally Posted by hadoukyuu View Post
    Optimum Online/ New Jersey, USA

Dang.

Oh crap I'm not the only one. This is what I could gather.

On my home connection I cannot connect to the PSO2 Patch server at all. I actually use this link http://download.pso2.jp/ to test this out. (You're supposed to get a 404 Page Error, if you get a Connection Timed Out it means you were blocked.)

It's possible Sega is blocking this ISP for whatever reason, but I can still connect directly to the game itself. The only way I can avoid this is to use public wifi, but here's what's strange. If I use my ISP's public wifi, I can connect to the patch server. Both the home and wifi connections end with the same hostnames.

I suspect it might be a problem with the ISP itself as I've noticed a bunch of foreign websites take a long time to load. Yet, this issue doesn't seem to happen on the public wifi. I don't expect to get really far but I'm going to contact them later this week and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by This_Moment View Post

Just changed my IP address from turning off the modem and router for 6 hours while I sleep. Same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by WBMike View Post
    Oh crap I'm not the only one. This is what I could gather.

On my home connection I cannot connect to the PSO2 Patch server at all. I actually use this link http://download.pso2.jp/ to test this out. (You're supposed to get a 404 Page Error, if you get a Connection Timed Out it means you were blocked.)

It's possible Sega is blocking this ISP for whatever reason, but I can still connect directly to the game itself. The only way I can avoid this is to use public wifi, but here's what's strange. If I use my ISP's public wifi, I can connect to the patch server. Both the home and wifi connections end with the same hostnames.

I suspect it might be a problem with the ISP itself as I've noticed a bunch of foreign websites take a long time to load. Yet, this issue doesn't seem to happen on the public wifi. I don't expect to get really far but I'm going to contact them later this week and see what they say.
    Please update this thread on your findings. I appreciate the help. Glad I'm not the only one.

Update: After trying everyday since this topic was created, today somehow I'm able to download the updates and download the pso2 launcher from the JP site just fine again. No need for HotSpot Shield.