Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

oh yeah i forgot NT Weapon extending is a thing.
    It made GHNeko happy, that's more than enough people

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Uhm, sorry but your memory is failing you. We didn't get the FF14 collab till month 6 of EP4. Vegas wasn't a thing till month 7 of EP4.
    If we're gonna Include things that haven't released in the first 5 month period then please lets include Chapter 3 and the new UH on the list, lets go as far as the Eva collab and include Etoile as well while we're at it. Also nice meme including Tokyo exploration but not any of the UH explorations or the fact we even got a new Difficulty while with EP4 or 5 we didn't.
    Dude, I didn't say we got Vegas - just that the Tokyo part of the plot was more or less over. My bad with ffxiv - it was like a week after 5 months of ep 4's release. La dee dah.

UH exploration is 90% recycled content, just with numbers buffed up. The other 10% is the bosses' new skins and attack patterns. If you think that's new content while Tokyo exploration is just a meme then you have strange priorities. The latter is significantly more effort because it's a whole new field with 100% new assets, and just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't count.

Also it's hilarious that you tell me to get my nostalgia goggles off when most of this forum has an unreasonable hard on for eps 1 and 2. Ep 4 was the peak of PSO2 - if not in quality then in popularity. Numbers don't lie. I'm not the one who needs to calm down either - if anything, it's your post that reads like being a member of a defense force that lashes out against everyone with opinions they don't agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by vantpers View Post
    How do you even put opening cinematic as an important point of EP4, or the god awful part of plot. Even EP6's plot in spite of few story missions got more done than spying on Japanese schoolgirls for the first months.
    I've put the opening there to show that YSOK is so underperforming that he can't even put an opening movie in his own episode. As for ep 4's plot, it did a lot more than spying on schoolgirls. That part was done in less than 2 months, my post already addressed that.

BTW Yamato is considered a mediocre EQ now but back in the day we were hyped for it. The hype died over time but much slower than, let's say, BQ.
    Last edited by TehCubey; Sep 27, 2019 at 11:00 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Dude, I didn't say we got Vegas - just that the Tokyo part of the plot was more or less over. My bad with ffxiv - it was like a week after 5 months of ep 4's release. La dee dah.

UH exploration is 90% recycled content, just with numbers buffed up. The other 10% is the bosses' new skins and attack patterns. If you think that's new content while Tokyo exploration is just a meme then you have strange priorities. The latter is significantly more effort because it's a whole new field with 100% new assets, and just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't count.
    The meme is that you disregard
    - New Photoner darkers (which came out with UH Explorations first)
    - New E-trials
    - Revamped Bosses
    - Revamped Music
    - New Difficulty
    Simply because they didn't do a paintjob on how the area and mobs look. Lets be real all Free fields were more or less the same map but the building blocks in the random dungeon generator had different visuals.
    The meme isn't that Tokyo Exploration is bad (which it is) the meme is that visuals and mobs revamps are the only thing missing to make these new UH fields on par with content like the original 3 UQ.

Also it's hilarious that you tell me to get my nostalgia goggles off when most of this forum has an unreasonable hard on for eps 1 and 2. Ep 4 was the peak of PSO2 - if not in quality then in popularity. Numbers don't lie. I'm not the one who needs to calm down either - if anything, it's your post that reads like being a member of a defense force that lashes out against everyone with opinions they don't agree with.
    Idc what the general forum opinion is. I just state how things are. First EP4 months weren't as bombastic as you make it out to be. If you think stating facts is a personal attack against your opinion then that's your issue. Besides EP4 had a massive popularity boost due to the Anime which a new one is starting in a week. The only mistake YOSK made is releasing Armada EQ too soon.

I've put the opening there to show that YSOK is so underperforming that he can't even put an opening movie in his own episode.
    Common sense says: Why release the opening cinematic when both classes haven't been released yet? To make EP6 look cooler a few monthes sooner?
    Also damn he's so underperforming that unlike EP2, 3, 4 and 5 we're finally getting multiple new classes per episode again. Sega should've never hired him.

I get it, you hate YOSK. Instead of doing all of this, try criticizing where it's applicable otherwise this is just unprovoked Kimura/Sakai hate all over again and just makes you look silly.

I don't hate YSOK. I hate what he's doing with the game, or rather what he isn't doing.
    When we were at this point in ep 5, Sega devs realized they made an oopsie with overestimating how popular BQ would be and started to introduce other content - including a free field even though there wasn't supposed to be one. But even what early ep 5 had feels great compared to ep 6's dearth of content. Even back then when there was no dragon EQ yet and I was fed up with buster quests already, I still logged in daily. Now I can hardly find motivation to do the weekly orders.

excuse are you saying EP4 was the peak of the game , IMO was the beginning of the downfall:

1 the sloth art direction , the phantoms never gave me the witty vibe that other enemies did(specially yamato) ; the music was meh any theme fits better and the story was so bad without knowing what they were doing , what they wanted to acomplish ? also the writers never did anything to rescue it.

2 the first collection files were awful , back in FF14 colaboration there was a thing i needed from falz hunar on XH and there was a part of the LQ which had 50% chance to spawn , 50/50 chance my butt , i played 20 rounds one day and falz hunar only spawn on 2 ¨rounds¨

riding quest was also one i hated so much i had to stand the abhorrent music for many rounds and just for a wand which became obsolete in no time.

3 now touching gameplay : gathering and rings were welcome (actually it was the only thing that cause me hype)
    i didnt liked EP4 EQ bosses because you can only kill them by hitting their weakpoints (not aplicable on yamato and mother revamps)

tokyo its my most hated FF and las Vegas FF i like it because how diferent it was in terms of gameplay and the music its awesome because does not have lyrics

4 the EQs Yamato was unexpectedly funny in the AIS part and with the revamp i love it .
    Falz mother was the slothest boss i ever saw , the hands phase its the main prove of it , good in her revamp that phase was nerf and the final one got buffed.(why they took so long to do something that simple?)
    Deus its the only boss who kept the problem of only being able to recieve damage on his core

EP5 payed for the broken dishes EP4 caused and i feel EP6 its still paying for it

to summarize EP3 was the peak of the game in matter of art and gameplay , and EP4 had the most budget and wasted so badly on it and PSO2 the animation which was an irrelevant waste also ; its like they were stupid on purpose and the japanese like it
    that its the most bizzare thing of that season (if i remember correctly)
    Last edited by silo1991; Sep 27, 2019 at 12:45 PM.

There is a bit of misunderstanding here. It's because EP4 was peak of PSO2's popularity that it was a failure. EP3 had ever growing player number and gave people a lot of hope for future content. EP4 had massive hype at the beginning in big part due to how amazing EP3 launch was, it was pretty much like DMC1, and DMC2 situation where a good game brings sales to the bad sequel. The problem with episode 4 was that at about midpoint it started dropping playerbase, which meant that everyone felt bored and that the game isn't gonna improve short term. MMOs are a game where you invest a lot of time in your character and generally you play them even if it's getting a bit bad, because you hope future updates will make it better and you put so much time in it already. That gives MMOs big inertial element where people will play bad content just to keep on the gear treadmill and similar. Therefore EP4 is rightfully called a failure because it was the beginning of dropping player numbers.

There is a bit of misunderstanding here. It's because EP4 was peak of PSO2's popularity that it was a failure. EP3 had ever growing player number and gave people a lot of hope for future content. EP4 had massive hype at the beginning in big part due to how amazing EP3 launch was, it was pretty much like DMC1, and DMC2 situation where a good game brings sales to the bad sequel. The problem with episode 4 was that at about midpoint it started dropping playerbase, which meant that everyone felt bored and that the game isn't gonna improve short term. MMOs are a game where you invest a lot of time in your character and generally you play them even if it's getting a bit bad, because you hope future updates will make it better and you put so much time in it already. That gives MMOs big inertial element where people will play bad content just to keep on the gear treadmill and similar. Therefore EP4 is rightfully called a failure because it was the beginning of dropping player numbers.
    That's funny - you just described a PSO2 episode, but ep 5 and not 4. I'll let facts speak for themselves.

Here's an image I took a while ago, which shows traffic for pso2.jp:

Spoiler!

There was a drop mid-ep 4 yes, but then the numbers started to climb again. Don't tell me that was ep 3's influence or force of player inertia. The traffic was actually higher at the end of the episode than at the start of it.

Now let's see what happens later, after ep 5 hits:

Spoiler!

Ouch. Talk about a previous, good episode causing an initial surge of popularity, after which the player numbers drop, eh.

I rest my case. Feel free to go on about how site traffic totally doesn't count for one reason or another, and other desperate efforts to maintain this forum's narrative that ep 4 was not only bad but also a commercial failure (because I don't like it so it's bad, and it's bad so it's unpopular). Whatever lets you sleep at night.

oh dood you should be clear , because just look how you trigger me XD

the phenomenom you mention i feel it worse on EP4 , because at least in DMC2 didnt step away from its artistic standards.

like i tell to any idiot who defend EP4 : you liked fantasy in space , play anything outside of tokyo and las vegas .

you liked the concept of phantoms being the manifestaion of fear and the ether , go and play persona saga

and those recomendations i do it in a good plan

That's funny - you just described a PSO2 episode, but ep 5 and not 4. I'll let facts speak for themselves.

Here's an image I took a while ago, which shows traffic for pso2.jp:
    Do you imply site views = playerbase? Do you know that there might be a lot of people browsing Sega's site when they announce new episodes and stuff?

Now let's see what happens later, after ep 5 hits:
    You're forgetting a few things here, like how every new episode brings hype that things will change for the better and we will at least have a bit of new content. EP5 wasn't good either though. EP4 and EP5 are both black sheep of PSO2.
    I rest my case. Feel free to go on about how site traffic totally doesn't count for one reason or another,
    Am I not allowed to point out how site views are horrible method of approximating player base who bother to login and affected by many things not directly related to PSO2?

I really like that Website-traffic Site, I'd like to revisit it later to see if Episode Oracle influences Player numbers.