Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuck on DEZO

On to Ikuto . . . . Think I spent two hours building and studying a physical layered map. Developing the methodology for tracing back from the Nei Item to the top floor.

Three shadows used to be be an "ohhh shit" moment, but with BROSE and LV34 Rolf I now relish the ass kicking of these monsters.
    LV 44 HUnewearl and counting.
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963
    NEWMAN campaign complete!

Wow...that's awesome. You really were doing some grinding early on without those maps??? I usually grind enough to get the meseta for the weapons I want and then press forward, partially solving dungeons as I grind. Wait until Rolf gets lvl35, he will get a neat magic.

Thanks for dropping by this old post Voodlar. I put down my controller on this one a couple months ago, but thanks to your reminder I'll have to pick it up again. Pretty soon this will be a year long epic for me to complete the game.

Lutz sent me to the spaceship Noah, where I promptly opened pandora's box. The mayhem that ensued BLEW MY MIND; so unexpected when compared to most other events in the game. Do you recall Pandora? Can this be defeated?
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963

Hey man. How's it going? Good to hear from you again. I log on here once in a while to read the news on PSO2 but I do enjoy the classic PS series.

If you are at Noah, then you are so close to being done with one of the hardest rpgs (that I have played).

I will try not to spoil anything but yes Darkforce can be defeated. However, it is undoubtedly the hardest battle of the game and Darkforce always has a chance to win. The higher the lvl of your party, the better odds for you. Lvl34+ is sufficient but I would still rate DF "challenging" at that point. There are 2 main factors here in my opinion.

1) YOUR PARTY ... The main character is automatic. Definitely Rudo (Neishot ftw!) I usually take Anna; not for her damage, but her speed and her NER buff which speeds up a char. Also, the doctor (Amy) really helps. (def buffs, speed ups, healing). Kain is an acceptable replacement (Nagaj works but brose doesn't).

2) LUCK!!!! ... You have no control over what DF does or when the Neisword will flash. Also, initiative still has a random factor to it. At lvl35, I'm thinking that some of your chars may act before DF, but not every time. (The neisword flash seems to happen every so many rounds at random and will dispel all evil influences on your characters.

Here are some of my tips on how to beat DF. I'm not saying they guarantee victory, but they work for me:

Spoiler!

If you beat DF, congrats!!!! I suspect that there are probably many people who totally gave up on that and never did it.

Spoiler!

Good luck man! Try PS3 and PS4 if you haven't. They are both awesome games. Maybe I'll catch you online with PSO2 when it comes to US.
    Last edited by voodlar; Aug 10, 2012 at 08:52 AM.

I was under leveled when I took o the final bosses. I nearly lost to DF (Rudo was the only one left and his "evil" was losing the confidence to fight. I used the magic items obtained in the dams and the towers as it may be cheap, but fairly effective. As for how under leveled the characters were: Rolf still doesn't have megid despite beating the game. Good luck!

Huh, been a while since I closed the book on PSII.

I never did gain the Megid technique either.

Looking back on this thread, I put a lot of effort into this game and did finish it. Took me a long time and I really enjoyed being on an epic quest to beat this RPG. However I never posted here again because . . . . . I was so disappointed with the mother brain final boss battle. Dark force was absolutely the battle climax of the game.

Overall though I do count it among the strongest gaming experiences I've had. I'll still sit and listen to the title screen theme and the whole journey will come back to me. Truly an awesome experience to look back on.

Thanks to the guys that shared this thread with me.
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963

Quote Originally Posted by DJX25968 View Post
    Will you be trying the other games?
    Oh yes for sure. I think that PS IV is a must play and I am looking forward to that. Possibly if PS02 makes it to the vita. Just need to clear a couple other games off the list first.

How bout you?
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963

Agreed. (on the disappointment of MB being a walk in the park) Good to hear from you again! Congrats on beating the game! The ending is a bit lacking too. But at that point, I really didn't know what I expected. The game was extremely fun. You would think that PSII would have almost no replay value. I have found that to be not exactly true. I have replayed it several times all the way through. It gets easier each time and you discover little tricks & things. If you enjoyed it, I would recommend PSIII and PSIV. They are fun in their own ways and you can remove the dungeon maze difficulty from the menu. While there are many dungeons with their own little patterns: I don't think any of them are even remotely as intense as say Ikuto or Climatrol. Cheers man!

p.s. There was one ending (Disciples 3 Resurrection I believe) where your character transformed into the opposing diety and you got to play a small board where you just slaughtered everyone mercilessly! It was a cool and unexpected development.
    Last edited by voodlar; Jul 16, 2013 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by voodlar View Post
    p.s. There was one ending (Disciples 3 Resurrection I believe) where your character transformed into the opposing diety and you got to play a small board where you just slaughtered everyone mercilessly! It was a cool and unexpected development.
    So many games, so little time, even though I get the urge to do it again. (I never even knew your could stack up the buffs, and didn't find out how to use equipment eg snow crown until mid game!) Anyways, popular opinion won't sway me from PSIII, but becasue it isn't part of the story I may do PS IV first.

What game are you referring to with this alternate ending?
    "SHIR"
    FC 5415 3030 5963