Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default pc crashes at lobbby

this is a serious problem

i can log in into pso2 just fine but if i try changing block or returning to lobby after a quest my cpu usage goes 100% and i cant do anything, so im forced to reset my pc

for some reason the only workaround i found to this is to uninstall all patches and use the official launcher, if i install the english patch or i run the game from the tweaker, this happens... even using the official launcher the game works a bit laggy for some reason

this is only triggered when i go to a lobby for a second time, i cant even switch characters nor change block

im not using any antivirus, firewall or whatever, using windows 7 x64

someone know how to solve this problem?

Actually, I've had the exact same problem myself, but with entirely different hardware.

I've tried just about everything to fix it (Short of reinstalling since that would be a living nightmare on this connection) so it would be greatly appreciated if someone could find the source of this problem, at the very least.

@oslash Do you use WIFI?

Quote Originally Posted by xxmadplayerxx View Post
    @oslash Do you use WIFI?
    nope, wired connection

I'm having a similar problem. I've been playing PSO2 since last year and been gone for 8 months because stuff got busy. When I got back, I did a fresh install of the game. The only patch I installed was the English Patch. I don't use the tweaker. I put the english patch manually in the proper folders.

Everytime I get out of a quest and get back to the lobby, I noticed the PC's usage jump to 100%. I've read and tried the solutions of other guys who posted about similar problems to no avail.

What's really weird is that I used the same PC I used a few months back to play PSO2 and it had no problems. So I thought it might be a faulty installation, so I reinstalled with a fresh copy, but I still get the same thing. Disabled my firewall, anti-virus and other programs but I still get that weird 100% CPU usage after every quest when I return to the lobby.

I play other graphics intensive games with no problems (World of Tanks, Dota 2, etc) so I'm wondering now why PSO2 is doing this. I've also updated my video card drivers btw.

Here's what I found out using Process Explorer. There's a System Idle process that jumps from 70 - 100%. I can't seem to trace what program/process is doing this. Maybe someone can help me figure this out?

Last edited by Xiee; Apr 14, 2014 at 11:55 AM.

The game download the videos every time that's why the CPU goes always to 100%.
    You can see it on documents /SEGA/PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2/temp

Quote Originally Posted by Magil View Post
    The game download the videos every time that's why the CPU goes always to 100%.
    You can see it on documents /SEGA/PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2/temp
    Videos ? what videos?

For the lobbies monitors , sometimes ( for me) download some files like 100 mb or 40 every time lol. If on the monitors are displayed the openings all run fine.. but other times i see the cpu go to 100% and freeze. If you can move on desktop like me try to check that directory if you have some files ( windowed mode).. Every time after a mission and i'm returning to the lobby.. the video restard to download lol. So i must wait the end of the download before i can restar to play or move xD around . Don't know if you have the same problem.. but try to check it out.

EDIT:
    Last edited by Magil; Apr 14, 2014 at 07:49 PM.

hmmm that's strange because i disable my videos on monitors. So i would think that it wouldn't download it, but i think it is anyway.

The file in Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\temp is there it is 8 mbs...it was 7mbs

Well, i notice it does download, but if i DC during that download(loading to lobby) it won't resume, then i have to redownload it (reload to lobby) , but issue is i DC everytime, well i guess i know now what it is doing, I will have to connect to wired enternet to attempt to try again. Thanks