Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

You people are a GODSEND, please don't stop for anything! I am SO ready to move up from PSP2, trying to main a FOnewm currently at lv 76 and I can't even beat B rank missions most of the time... If it's true forces are as buffed in Infinity as I've heard it's going to be a lot of fun!!

P.S. - This probably isn't the right thread for this but I'm looking for info regarding character importing from PSP2 Eng. to Infinity. If it gets too complicated as I imagine it might I am willing to start my characters over but I'd rather save the progress I've made thus far. Also I need to know what I need to get started (license or w/e, do I need a certain version/model of PSP system, other downloads/patches, server info, any other useful info to educate the tech noob that I am) Also, where/how would you recommend I get my UMD import. Someone please PM me about this, thank you kindly!
    Last edited by StormRyder; Oct 20, 2014 at 06:42 PM.
    Psycho Storm - Newman lv 30 Fo 6
    Sonic Storm - Human lv 1 Va 1
    Sniper Storm - CAST lv 1 Ra 1
    Slasher Storm - Beast lv 1 Hu 1

And remember kids, Rappy Hunting is Happy Hunting!!

Glad to see theres always the few and true to the series left playing~

For character import, you can search for threads with people who are able to convert the saves properly, or you can acquire the tools to do it yourself! I tried doing it myself but failed... so I'd recommend asking around~

As for PSP model and all that, it does not particularly matter at all! Just as long as you own a PSP and a copy of the game (which PSP2i can actually be purchased through amazon for fairly cheap iirc), you'll be able to play just fine. There are no region restrictions on a PSP console.
    Patches and similar stuff... google a method of how you make a japanese PSN account so you can update your data on your PSP and get all the fun little missions like MAI X and such. Once all that is said and done, you should be good to go~

Or better yet, if you don't own a PSP, download PPSSPP! It's a lovely emulator. Easier to get updated and all that too!

Thank you for all the great info!

First of all, I'm not confident at all in my own PC savviness so an emulator might not be the best idea.
    Also, are you sure it's necessary to get a JP PSN account for the DLC? I saw a how-to for that and it was just a simple download on PC, folder rename, and USB transfer process. And possibly most important, does ANY of this, including the eng. patch, require any hacking/modding of my PSP? Sorry to have so many questions but I really am a tech/software NOOB!
    Psycho Storm - Newman lv 30 Fo 6
    Sonic Storm - Human lv 1 Va 1
    Sniper Storm - CAST lv 1 Ra 1
    Slasher Storm - Beast lv 1 Hu 1

And remember kids, Rappy Hunting is Happy Hunting!!

Apparently the "Emulator" update has revitalized the whole translation project. This is good news.
    Last edited by xBladeM6x; Nov 22, 2014 at 08:23 PM.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Quote Originally Posted by xBladeM6x View Post
    Apparently the "Emulator" update has revitalized the whole translation project. This is good news.
    Why wouldn't it? The bug was literally the only thing keeping me from playing it, and now that it has been solved, life is great.

*totally not planning a play through of the PSU and PSPo games*
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    Why wouldn't it? The bug was literally the only thing keeping me from playing it, and now that it has been solved, life is great.

*totally not planning to do the exact same thing*
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Quote Originally Posted by xBladeM6x View Post
    *totally not planning to do the exact same thing*
    Well when I said play through, I also meant for YT
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post

Which build fixed it?

I'll be so happy if this ends up getting finished. Even with the translation guide playing it in Japanese just isn't as enjoyable as playing it in English. Sadly the Japanese exclusive Phantasy Star games keep piling up...
    Last edited by Gigas; Dec 11, 2014 at 05:35 PM.

Really really really happy to hear that a team is working on this. PSP2 is one of my all-time favorite games and I've always wanted to play Infinity, but couldn't because of the language barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    Which build fixed it?
    I'm using v0.9.9.1-937 and have no glitch(es)