Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gunner feedback

Quote Originally Posted by ARChan View Post
    1) Ignore his or her plea for stopping to use Elder Rebellion. That person is most likely a glory hog.
    2) Use other means to attack the enemy. Although Infinite Fire has no stopping power, it still hits the enemy without any knockbacks. It's perfect for ranged mobbing with a bitching melee-type in your party.
    Its not about them bitching as you say and we talked about this before and how GU is HU/FI's glory hogs? No we just don't be sitting there while you take 1-5 min banging a Gu Wonda or Ga Wodah in the air when he can just simply be KD'ed and the grounders can take it from there we don't want to have to wait just because you wanna keep him airborne and if that is bitchy to you then I just gotta wonder now cause if this is how you feel about the situation then hell that's a wrap from here.

Sig by Gama

It's kinda the way I look at it since I'm considered to be in an underdog class. I only do option 1 to bug melee types for lolz, but if you noticed when we played together, I do mostly option 2. However, toss IF out the window. It's the worst PA ever available for Mechguns, imo. And yes, it bugs even me when I see a GU user continuously spamming ER. It's not the best PA. In fact, it has an ineffective CC ability due to lack of immediate AOE ability.
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!

ER should do something else instead of puch back one of the many gripes I have with it. Honestly I wouldn't know what they could do with ER to not make it aggravating except just let the first hit from last of ER's KD move hit in which to KD the enemy and everyone can take it from there.

Have DA=Dead Approach stun upon hitting that would be cool and open up more creative PA play.

Sig by Gama

Okay, I'm going give you a few tips and tricks to help you out.

First things first, when you are about apply Weak Bullet a target, stop moving before you fire your rifle. You will receive an accuracy penalty if you fire while moving. In the Vol Dragon video, you aimed for it's horn but your shot missed and hit its arm instead since you were moving. It is crucial that you successfully execute a WB/Chain Trigger because it makes up a huge chunk of your damage against bosses.

Know the limits of how high you can build your Chain Trigger and don't be too greedy with it. When I'm solo against a boss who isn't very mobile, the highest I can build the CT is around the 40-50 range as I can do a full Elder Rebellion before WB expires. Against a mobile boss like Falz Arms or Banther, I unleash Elder Rebellion at the 20-30 range maximum.

For dealing single target damage, you want to get in as close as possible to utilize Elder Rebellion/Satellite Aim under the full effect of Zero Range Advance. At medium range, my ER normally deals around 400-550 damage per shot. At melee range, my ER damage goes up into the 700-800 range. However, there is some risk to this. Watch your enemies closely and dodge accordingly. The TMG's dodge has a lot of invulnerability frames. A very attentive Gunner can basically become immortal.

For AOE damage, you have two options:
    Method 1
    Spoiler!

Method 2
    Spoiler!

PLEASE be responsible with your Elder Rebellion usage. Gunners get a lot of flak for juggling enemies out of reach of their fellow party members with ER. This is commonly seen against enemies such as El Ahdas. Elder Rebellion fires a total of nine shots, six normal shots and three powered shots in the end. The first six shots do not knockback but the last three shots at the end do. If the enemy is knocked into the air by the last three powered up ER shots, any normal ER shots that connect will juggle the enemy. If your party members are attacking something else, feel free to let loose ERs, but once they turn their attention to the enemy you're ERing, stop attacking for a few seconds so the enemy drops down into your party members' attack range. What I do is go into third person shooter mode and get headshots on the enemy with the first six shots of ER and evade cancel before my character fires the seventh shot.

If you have Perfect Keeper, this tip is very important. Standardize the the affixes on your weapons. Any weapon swap that increases your maximum health WILL disable Perfect Keeper as you go below 100% health when equipping the weapon. A weapon swap that reduces your health will not disable Perfect Keeper as your health will stay at 100%. Make sure all of your weapons provide the same health whether it is nothing at all, +10, or +20.

This next tip is a helpful trick against fighting Gu/Ga Wondas.
    Spoiler!

The last bit of advice I'll give for now is to use the terrain to your advantage!
    Spoiler!

wonderful~ this is awesome 8D

Characters: 綾 / マリア / ID: AyakoTakahashi / Signature by Rock Eastwood~

Nicely done Natsu and nice pictures.

Now that I look at the Ga or Gu wondah's weak point were they always that freaking small @-@?
    Last edited by Zenobia; Jun 23, 2013 at 12:57 AM.

Sig by Gama

Good advice, I'll apply this stuff when I play next time. I really shouldn't be spamming ER but I get a bit lazy. Reverse tap, DA, and satelitte aim are so puny in DPS imho. I also feel they should add more bullets per normal attack to TMG's to make them more useful. When I think TMGs, I think 6-7 bullets per mech per attack.

The reason people get annoyed at ER spam is the same reason wirelance users or any grab PAs get flak. Suddenly all other players cannot attack the mobs they were just looking at, and have to switch targets or wait for you to finish whatever you were doing all by yourself.

It's not a problem if you kill the mob with your attack. That's cool, we can all move on to the next mob. But if you've taken them all to yourself and prevented everyone else from doing anything to it, after all that waiting around and it's still alive... Just leave. You're not helping. If you had just not used that attack, the mob could have been dead already, but you had to go and waste everyone's time.

Maybe you don't care to do everything pro speedrun fast, maybe people around you don't mind the extra time it takes, maybe you actually want to annoy your MPA intentionally. I don't know, but many players would rather you not do it.

@UnLucky: You might want to add Launcher's Crazy Smash. It's considered a grab for some reason... Plus, I lose my lock on the target. Well, maybe it's because it's a Persona or a Krab on the receiving end... -rubs head-

@Zenobia: Dead Approach that stuns instead of smacking away? Let me jump on that train! That'd make mobbing so much more effective! DA > RT > SA? OMG! That'd make my day >w<

@cheapgunner: Puny DPS... Well, I understand Dead Approach, since it's designed more for placement. However, what I MUST emphasize is that Reverse Tap and Satellite Aim are are meant for groups of enemies, not just one. If you want massive DPS, use Messiah Time. It does such ridiculous damage, ASSUMING you rapidly fire at the spin and the bullets mostly hit their target. However, this PA falls under the same category as ER: NOT ENOUGH CROWD CONTROL!!!

I found some other practical uses for ER though. If you see people attacking one place and another mob is coming your way, just fire at that other mob instead. Sure, some people may complain that you're keeping them away, which is practically what ER is TRYING to do. It's not practical, if you think about it. GUs have ZRA. Well? What does ER do? Smack enemies away? WELL!!! Less confrontation = less deaths, right?

Midair ER better than grounded ER? Grounded ER allows you to move forward at least, making you able to dodge incoming missiles from Vardha (as an example). The only reasons I'd use an aerial ER is if I don't want to approach the enemy (too large a mob that is difficult to stun with Reverse Tap), there's a wall in front of me (Well... Duh), or in TPS mode. As for using ER as a whole, I only use it if I want to take out ONE target fast (meaning Chain Trigger). No more than that.

Also, going to use ER? Always allow a count of 4 alligators (or Mississippi) before you resume firing your regular shots. If the enemy is still in the air, you have every right to say "that was NOT me."
    Last edited by ARChan; Jun 23, 2013 at 02:44 AM.
    I'm working on a fanfic!
    Click here to check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by ARChan View Post
    @cheapgunner: Puny DPS... Well, I understand Dead Approach, since it's designed more for placement. However, what I MUST emphasize is that Reverse Tap and Satellite Aim are are meant for groups of enemies, not just one. If you want massive DPS, use Messiah Time. It does such ridiculous damage, ASSUMING you rapidly fire at the spin and the bullets mostly hit their target. However, this PA falls under the same category as ER: NOT ENOUGH CROWD CONTROL!!!
    ( ´ ▽ ` )b
    Maxed Perfect keeper + maxed ZRA1&2 + 1/2Aerial Advance + Messiah Time + sat aim. You can pretty much kill most things with it, without getting hit.
    Last edited by Husq; Jun 23, 2013 at 02:56 AM.
    PSO2 characters:
    Ship 10: Huq (HU:70, RA:70, FO:70, FI:70, GU:70, TE:70, BR:70)
    Ship 02: Rizzla (HU:65, RA:40, FO:18, FI:65, GU:10, TE:00, BR:65)