Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone know of a free download program for Windows XP that can generate passwords? The ones I can find either have a price for the download or lock up or close if you choose a certain option.

I would rather not have any extra features (such as being able to store the passwords in a file).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2005-11-13 13:21 ]</font>

..password generator for what? The way this post is coming across is a password generator for Windows XP itself. And of course, illegal.
    Look, he did it again.

Password generator as in it will create a password for websites. Password as in account password. So at this site, my pass is xxxxx, but I want to change it. The program would make a password like yyyyy.

The XP part is because I had come acrossed a few that were Linux only.

Prefferably with the options of:
    # of characters allowed
    Numbers?
    Letters?
    Uppercase and lowercase mixed (UgFGnsad)
    Etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2005-11-13 17:18 ]</font>

On 2005-11-13 13:38, Madzozs wrote:
    http://www.winguides.com/security/password.php
    I saw that site, and used it; but I'm looking for a similar free downloadable program. That one costs to download (by way of $30 subscription).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2005-11-13 13:42 ]</font>

If you want a good password for stuff like that. No one would expect for your password to actually be "password" or something along those lines.
    Life is just a lie with an "f" in it.

On 2005-11-13 17:09, Rion772 wrote:
    If you want a good password for stuff like that. No one would expect for your password to actually be "password" or something along those lines.
    Actually, more often than not, "password" is the password a lot of people use, so that's the first one people try, which is why it's really easy to get into people's accounts a lot.

On 2005-11-13 17:12, Outrider wrote:
    On 2005-11-13 17:09, Rion772 wrote:
    Actually, more often than not, "password" is the password a lot of people use, so that's the first one people try, which is why it's really easy to get into people's accounts a lot.
    Really? not to sound like dumb but I've never heard of someone ACTUALLY using that. I have quite a few friends and none of them have a password that's "password".
    Life is just a lie with an "f" in it.

Ketchup, i wouldn't see why creating a program like that wouldn't be too hard. If I have the time, I'll try to create something in VB6 tonite.