Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default PSA RE: Translations, Dll Injection, Bans

Hi there, my name is Mikeh, and I am from Ship 2, and I frequent Block 20. Some of you may know me. Some of you may not.

In case it helps anyone;
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0ghm8lW.jpg[/IMG]

Anyway I'm here today to talk about something not so fun. I'm currently a Moderator from a website I am not going to mention by name. Where I am from we advocate illicit activities within PSO2, and I personally have been around the block and back 10fold, and again, many of you will know this.

With all of the experience I've gained speaking personally with Developers, and watching the progress of all sorts of little add-ons, launchers, translations, trainers, patches, and so much more. They all utilize different methods and I have noticed something very taboo and very risky happening around here, and some blatant lies being made.

I will first quote a disclaimer from a thread in this same section, this is from the most recent client sided translation tool;

DISCLAIMER:

As with any patch/modification/simply connecting to the server, there is no guarantee you will not get banned using this tool or the patches contained herein. The chance of you getting banned is the same as if you were only using the EN patch. It's a client side modification, so SEGA cannot currently detect it. You use this tool at your own risk, and as-is. Neither this tool, Arks-Layer, or PSOW or any affiliates are at fault if you do get banned. Thank you.
    The above mentioned statement has multiple lies within it.

First I will explain that in the past, when I performed illicit activities on PSO2, that a method called "dll Injection" was used. Along the time of these tools being developed, Sega and Gameguard were actively fighting back blocking, patching, and preventing dll injection hacks, by looking for obvious names of dll's active and hooked.

Now I'd like to mention to you all that the new Client-sided translator uses dll injection methods, and is blatantly obvious, and in no way hidden, meaning if GG sees it, they will look at you as a hacker with no prejudice, whether you hacked or not, dll injection is straight up not allowed.

So I guess to finalize what I'd like to say is that the Disclaimer on the Translation Tool is very Innacturate, treat it as if you would treat dll injected hacks, we protected ourselves more and were still regularily banned, this translation is not taking protective measures.

TL;DR
    I advise you all to treat the translation dll injection as if you would treat hacks. Sega, and gameguard are on the ball with all of this now. It's Safe to assume that if you use the translation dll injected tool, that you're at the exact same risk as if you injected a trainer and started hacking away

I don't understand but sound serious, anyone clarify?

loldrama.

So your point is that Sega might specifically try to detect the item patch because they intend to ban anyone using it. Therefore it's the same risk as being banned for the normal EN patch - if they don't like it they'll ban for it. I don't see the problem?

Also hi
    Ship: 2 :: Player ID: arcn

Quote Originally Posted by arcnmx View Post
    loldrama.

So your point is that Sega might specifically try to detect the item patch because they intend to ban anyone using it. Therefore it's the same risk as being banned for the normal EN patch - if they don't like it they'll ban for it. I don't see the problem?

Also hi

Also, if the translator by any chance happen to even view a block of memory that it shouldn't there's a good chance that the game itself will flag the translator. When that happens, your account will be banned in 1 hour and 30 minutes

~ From a Trainer developer who's dealt with Sega since before you were around Arcn, sorry man, it's way way worse than the current EN Patch...

I don't know if it is a DLL injection for sure, but if it is I would see them treating it as any other sort of Trainer yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    I don't know if it is a DLL injection for sure, but if it is I would see them treating it as any other sort of Trainer yes.
    It is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ship2Mikeh View Post
    Also, if the translator by any chance happen to even view a block of memory that it shouldn't there's a good chance that the game itself will flag the translator. When that happens, your account will be banned in 1 hour and 30 minutes
    Oh, cool to know. Wish I could take the time to look into the game properly but nooooope no time.

You're right though, they're more likely to target it if they look into it.
    Ship: 2 :: Player ID: arcn

Incase you guys went right to tl;dr, I'd like to remention that GG will treat all hooked dlls without prejudice and then flag and ban accordingly.

whoa whoa whoa *uninstalls item patch*

glad someone cares about us getting banned, i knew it was too good to be true anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by arcnmx View Post
    It's not the same. The EN patch just replaces some files which no one really cares about. The Item Translator (apparently) does something else which GG tries to detect, which puts you at risk of being accused of being a hacker and subsequently banned.

Edit: I type too slow.