Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If not they could always be part time rangers.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Red face well

Quote Originally Posted by Rizen View Post
    .....What?
    rogues like in D&D, but with magic.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Sega themselves as classified Forces as the long range class, meaning that they're supposed to be further back than even the Rangers.

Like others have said, it's just because of the low levels.

Also in these videos everyone has been going solo.

In a party the monsters would probably be concentration more on the hunters allowing forces to use off more techs.

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    Sega themselves as classified Forces as the long range class, meaning that they're supposed to be further back than even the Rangers.

Like others have said, it's just because of the low levels.
    I don't know how much stock I'd put in that, considering that they outright state in PSO that Hunters are for "beginners" while Rangers are for "intermediate" players. Because it's apparently difficult to sit at a doorway and peg enemies, running back into it when they get too close.

I'm guessing that what they really meant was that most ranged techniques just have a longer range than guns... Or they're trying to emphasize that Forces just can't equip very good armor.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

I still have hopes Zero slicers will make a comeback, and combining them with techs could be impressive...

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent View Post
    I don't know how much stock I'd put in that, considering that they outright state in PSO that Hunters are for "beginners" while Rangers are for "intermediate" players. Because it's apparently difficult to sit at a doorway and peg enemies, running back into it when they get too close.

I'm guessing that what they really meant was that most ranged techniques just have a longer range than guns... Or they're trying to emphasize that Forces just can't equip very good armor.
    Well, think about it for a moment.

Hunters - usually high HP, Attack, Defense. Able to perform attacks that sweep, with the intent of drawing the focus of the enemy. Also considered to be balanced. Portrayed as human, with balanced stats.

Ranger - mid-range support class. Requires aiming and (possibly) awareness of surroundings to find vantage points, etc. Generally high attack but not so well off in the defensive category. Portrayed as cast, with high attack/physical defense, with low tech tolerance

Force - Long-range (Artillery?) support class. Capable of the highest damage output, but also the most physically frail class. Able to use all technics to a better degree than the others, and also capable of placing status effects, both advantageous and disadvantageous. They need to be aware of both their allies and enemies, to support and heal the former, and to cripple/kill the later. Portrayed as Neuman, with High spiritual attunement (photons/techs) with poor physical attack, defense, and stamina (health).

Keep in mind, this is mostly based on what I've discussed with people and how I myself view the class, or experienced in the few games I've played. I could be completely off base for PSO2.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

What are you guys talking about. I almost never relied on melee on my PSO force. Techniques were almost infinitely more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    Well, think about it for a moment.

Hunters - usually high HP, Attack, Defense. Able to perform attacks that sweep, with the intent of drawing the focus of the enemy. Also considered to be balanced. Portrayed as human, with balanced stats.

Ranger - mid-range support class. Requires aiming and (possibly) awareness of surroundings to find vantage points, etc. Generally high attack but not so well off in the defensive category. Portrayed as cast, with high attack/physical defense, with low tech tolerance

Force - Long-range (Artillery?) support class. Capable of the highest damage output, but also the most physically frail class. Able to use all technics to a better degree than the others, and also capable of placing status effects, both advantageous and disadvantageous. They need to be aware of both their allies and enemies, to support and heal the former, and to cripple/kill the later. Portrayed as Neuman, with High spiritual attunement (photons/techs) with poor physical attack, defense, and stamina (health).

Keep in mind, this is mostly based on what I've discussed with people and how I myself view the class, or experienced in the few games I've played. I could be completely off base for PSO2.
    In my opinion...

Hunters : They're pegged as the beginner class because they're easy to use. Plain and simple. They're powerful, they have nice defense, and most of them can use magic. They dab in a bit of everything.

Rangers: They're Intermediate characters because you actually have to do more than just press the attack/heavy attack buttons to get any use out of them. You have to use the special stuff for damage. Like Flame Shot or Shadow Shot, or confuse ect ect

Forces: They're Advanced because they die easy, you have to figure out which elements to use and how to use them, and above all else you really have to know the game to survive with them. Fluids in PSO costed tons of money, so if you didn't know how to save money you were just screwed.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Talking Sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Serephim View Post
    What are you guys talking about. I almost never relied on melee on my PSO force. Techniques were almost infinitely more powerful.
    Every now and then you just want to pasteurize your foes! Other times you just want to pound them into a fine paste.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!