Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Worth spending money on this game as of today?

I was an aktive player 4 years ago, and due to inaktivity Ive lost my old email and forgot password so I have started a new. I dont mind that... to much..
    However id like to enjoy the game on playstation vita aswell

PS vita +32gig memory+ pso2 episode 4 cartridge is about

$232 at ebay

+AC cash for a couple mags talent trees and expanded inventory

Now wait a minute... in my country we talking around 50% import tax total for the PS vita+mem+cart.

Ive also seen sony is stopping the production on ps vita, making me question how long the servers are even gonna stay up?

pso2 is a pretty old game nowadays and its coming after 7 years! to the west!

Starting a fresh from low level cap sounds intresting eaventho I like the japanese servers....

Any and all opinions is very much welcome. Thanks in advance

1. SD2Vita, look it up.
    2. Vita is still going strong in Japan and if they axe vita support, then that's it, no vita support. It's not a vita only title.
    3. I wouldn't bother with the vita version as it's a horrible experience.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SD2Vita would save a buck, but do I need the cartridge? Is the game free at PSN shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Nabgil View Post
    I was an aktive player 4 years ago, and due to inaktivity Ive lost my old email and forgot password so I have started a new. I dont mind that... to much..
    However id like to enjoy the game on playstation vita aswell

PS vita +32gig memory+ pso2 episode 4 cartridge is about

$232 at ebay

+AC cash for a couple mags talent trees and expanded inventory

Now wait a minute... in my country we talking around 50% import tax total for the PS vita+mem+cart.

Ive also seen sony is stopping the production on ps vita, making me question how long the servers are even gonna stay up?

pso2 is a pretty old game nowadays and its coming after 7 years! to the west!

Starting a fresh from low level cap sounds intresting eaventho I like the japanese servers....

Any and all opinions is very much welcome. Thanks in advance
    I noticed that the vita blocks on at least ship 2 are very dead. Like during maybe armada EQ or persona EQ you will probably be able to get a full party. But other than that you’ll probably be playing by yourself a majority of time. I played vita back in 2013-2015 and started on PS4 once it came out on that. I don’t think I could ever play the vita one again. I highly recommended trying to go for PS4 or pc. In my opinion the vita isn’t worth getting just to play pso2 , at least now in 2019 it is not. Maybe 5 years ago it was still a nice little option. I mean it’s almost 2020, the vita doesn’t have much longer life to it. For 250 bucks I would buy a switch or a 3ds and just play pso2 on PS4. You’ll probably regret spending 250-300 on a tiny system just to play pso2 mostly solo and with crappy graphics for on-the-go. Not sure if any of this helps but just my thoughts on vita for pso2.
    Last edited by Digital Doom; Jul 23, 2019 at 11:44 AM.

SD2Vita would save a buck, but do I need the cartridge? Is the game free at PSN shop?
    Buying the cartridge will not save you any space, It's just like the free JPN PSN download of PSO2. The only thing you get from buying the cartridge would be you get 30-Day Premium pass and other stuff like costumes/weapons (which you can purchase from player shops).

Thank you for the replies, I decided not to buy a vita for this game.

About AC cash, you think its worth spending couple hundred bucks on a character or at least wait for the western release?

Thank you for the replies, I decided not to buy a vita for this game.

About AC cash, you think its worth spending couple hundred bucks on a character or at least wait for the western release?
    That is entirely up to you.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

If you have a decent rig just start up the JP version and send some of dat cash on it instead of waiting a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    2. Vita is still going strong in Japan and if they axe vita support, then that's it, no vita support. It's not a vita only title.
    No? They ended production of the system in Japan. Over 2 months ago.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/3/2/182...d-ps-vita-sony
    https://gematsu.com/2019/03/ps-vita-...ended-in-japan

I wouldn't advise getting the Vita version because SEGA could drop support for it at any time.
    Last edited by Crevox; Jul 24, 2019 at 03:13 AM.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I would not suggest getting the Vita version as a primary means of playing PSO2. I find it to be a nice side-arm of sorts for doing certain things on the go, such as gathering/dailies/running PDs/etc, but you can toss the idea of playing with others pretty much right out the window.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!