Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for players

I just got my hands on a USB WiFi adapter to use with my PSP and I'm itching for a partner or two to play with and complete the multi-mode missions. This will be on Xlink Kai (Since I don't have a PS3)

Just to be clear, this is for Phantasy Star Portable 1, not 2 or Infinity. And this is on Xlink Kai

I'm posting in this section because I believe I'll get more hits here than in player matchup.

I actually just started playing through PSP 1 for the first time, I'd be up to play some games sometime. I'm at work right now, but I'll shoot you a PM.

i have never played the game online before so would like some help with it also

Quote Originally Posted by Haseo_The_Terror View Post
    i have never played the game online before so would like some help with it also
    You need two things. Xlinkkai, and a compatible USB adapter. Without those you can't play PSP1 online.

really what is Xlinkkai and i use the PS3 charging cable as a USB adapter so far

If you guys have a PS3 (that isn't an early model 20GB due to it's lack of wireless), couldn't you also try the Ad-Hoc Party app? I played quite a few PSP games (Monster Hunter, God Eater Burst) online that way as well!

what is the ad-hoc party app and is it a free download

It sure is although my PS3 suffers from the Yellow Light of Death at the moment, so I can't go on a see if it's still available.

But this video at least shows you how to get it on the modern PS3 Playstation Store and while he's using a Vita, it's pretty much the same on a PSP.

Just make sure:

1) Your PS3 is hooked up with a wired connection. That's why a early model 1 20GB will not cut it. It needs it's wireless connection so it can transmit to the PSP/Vita to spoof a local connection.

2) When you get to the World screen and choose a lobby, and nobody is playing PSPo1, hit triangle for options and you can create a room yourself, and then once inside a room, start multiplayer on your PSP or Vita and...wait for your friends to join!

I'd tutorial now if my PS3 was working, but alas. Let me know if you have any more questions!

as long as that app is free then i will get it and i have a wireless connection since im on a laptop im needing to use a wireless connection i also live in the country

If you can't find it on the PS3's new archaic PSN store, download it by logging in to the PSN webstore instead.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...HOCPARTY000000