Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Whoa, nice.
    So turns out warcry is utterly useless.
    Sega fails hard, there is a a aggro drawing skill but it's so weak that anyone with better damage (i.e. everyone cause this build has low damage) will draw aggro instead.
    out of ~30 tries maybe 2-3 times I succeed briefly drawing boss aggro from towers.

Good thing I noticed early and turned crystal scavenging instead.
    Warcry has 30 second cooldown. 30 tries makes that 15 minutes to realize War Cry was useless for what you were doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Might be worth noting a decent braver can kill a infection tower in 1 JA'd Shunka. I did 5-6k per hit on my Shunka that way so I guess towers have around 25.000 HP
    Also these VTOL's seem to like interrupt when you use Final Nemisis because it's so slow. Either keep your distance (FN travels a long way, I was about to hit a VTOL at white when I was at purple with ease) or use a other PA.

A run with randoms is possible without WB. Last night I was in a MPA which ended up 11/12 cause someone left/disconnected and we had no WB. It was a close call, only 1 tower alive at 15~25%HP but it is possible.

That aside this EQ is awesome, I still hate TD2 but TD3 is just amazing.
    Last edited by Ce'Nedra; Jul 21, 2014 at 02:14 AM.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    Warcry has 30 second cooldown. 30 tries makes that 15 minutes to realize War Cry was useless for what you were doing.
    As I said I realized it early on.
    That was over 6 runs.
    Also, pray tell what AM I supposed to do when boss is attacking a base with only me and 1-2 others around?
    Turn heel and collect crystals, hoping my many points will make the boss lose interest in the base?

And yeah, infections seem to be about the same as before. Also, laser columns (Darker Photon Cannons?) have less HP than infections, they went down with one of my survivability build shunkas.

Now that I got me a proper fury stance dps build it only needs 3 hits, though still a bit more than 1 Asagiri.

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Whoa, nice.
    So turns out warcry is utterly useless.
    Sega fails hard, there is a a aggro drawing skill but it's so weak that anyone with better damage (i.e. everyone cause this build has low damage) will draw aggro instead.
    Maidoll has a comic of that:
    http://www.pixiv.com/works/43764491

Been feeling real tired and crap. I'll try and update the guide later.

War Cry works quite well. If there are very few players around a spawn of monsters, use it to lure them away from the tower while waiting for backup, as Kondibon has said.
    I have never seen War Cry do much to bosses, and MBD missions have weird aggro settings with the towers drawing so much of it, but it's still a good skill to have in MBD: Despair.

It has been posted before in this thread, but it needs to be emphasised that Rafoie, Sabarta, Ilbarta, Razan, Sazan, Grants, Ilgrants and Namegid have no range limit. I usually play this as FO/TE with ice and wind trees, and I'm able to use Sazan on VTOLs that I cannot even see with graphic settings at max - basically across over half the map.
    I make it one of my top priorities to get infection towers and infected VTOLs as FO/TE, since I can destroy them without having to run to them.

I have tried that mission as several classes, and here's my experience of them.
    HU/FI = not very useful during the first waves, since running after enemies severely limits you compared to ranged and casting classes, but the huge DPS shines in the waves that have a lot of bosses. I found myself a lot more useful on the last three waves. War Cry can save a tower, but not so reliable that you can count on it.

RA/HU = very strong at handling mobs and bosses alike, but during the waves with a lot of bosses, I'd rather concentrate on applying Weak Bullet. It is really rare to be the only ranger in this mission, so I seldom have to worry about being the only WB user, but I still concentrate on applying WB to bosses > VTOLs > infection towers in that order of importance.

RA/BR = as it is well-known now, this combination has excellent 1v1 damage output, but is quite bad at handling mobs. Damage shines in waves 6/7/8, but applying WB remains a priority. Good class to take out infection towers and infected VTOLs.

GU/HU = I really did not like playing this as GU/HU. It was okay for a few waves, but then I felt completely useless. I have done four runs as GU/HU, but I doubt I will be gunner ever again for MDB: Despair. I'm not even sure why, it was a good class on the previous two MBD missions.

FO/TE = I have actually tried all elements on this, so...
    -Fire: not very useful, highly unadvised. I could not find one technique that was really useful in the mission.
    -Ice: the second best technique element to use in the mission from what I have played, strong against groups as well as single targets, and freeze is extremely useful. Throw a card, then Zondeel + Rabarta = frozen Goldrahda for the reaping.
    -Lightning: ugh... if crafted well, Zonde, Sazonde and Gizonde can do a lot of damage in here and shock is ever so useful, but I really do not recommend this element.
    -Wind: the best element to use in my experience. Efficient Sazan is virtually unlimited PP and stunningly strong. Ilzan and Razan are severely disruptive, although Goldrahda are immune to either effect, they're very useful techniques against Luda Sorcerer, El Ahda, Solda-type darkers, Solza Brahda, etc.
    -Light: despite the fact that most monsters in there are weak to light, it was not as useful as ice or wind. Ragrants and Gigrants have huge DPS potential against groups, but you will rarely be close enough, and in 1v1 situations, Ilgrants wins. Still a good choice, and confusing Goldrahda is also very useful (throw a card and cast the crafted Nagrants that hits 9 times and has a 10% bonus to panic).
    -Dark: I did not like it at all. I felt that outside of the 30 seconds of PP Convert, my damage was pretty insignificant. I have crafted Ilmegid to do more damage (but slower), and got a very good result (great success and all), but still, I found the DPS to be severely lacking. I also felt even less useful in the final waves with all the bosses, and had to resort to ice techniques. Monsters also seem to highly resist poison.

Overall FO/TE with ice and wind trees is my favourite class to play this mission. The one as which I feel the most useful.
    Last edited by Hrith; Jul 21, 2014 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    War Cry works quite well. If there are very few players around a spawn of monsters, use it to lure them away from the tower while waiting for backup, as Kondibon has said.
    I have never seen War Cry do much to bosses, and MBD missions have weird aggro settings with the towers drawing so much of it, but it's still a good skill to have in MBD: Despair.

It has been posted before in this thread, but it needs to be emphasised that Rafoie, Sabarta, Ilbarta, Razan, Sazan, Grants, Ilgrants and Namegid have no range limit. I usually play this as FO/TE with ice and wind trees, and I'm able to use Sazan on VTOLs that I cannot even see with graphic settings at max - basically across over half the map.
    I make it one of my top priorities to get infection towers and infected VTOLs as FO/TE, since I can destroy them without having to run to them.

I have tried that mission as several classes, and here's my experience of them.
    HU/FI = not very useful during the first waves, since running after enemies severely limits you compared to ranged and casting classes, but the huge DPS shines in the waves that have a lot of bosses. I found myself a lot more useful on the last three waves. War Cry can save a tower, but not so reliable that you can count on it.

RA/HU = very strong at handling mobs and bosses alike, but during the waves with a lot of bosses, I'd rather concentrate on applying Weak Bullet. It is really rare to be the only ranger in this mission, so I seldom have to worry about being the only WB user, but I still concentrate on applying WB to bosses > VTOLs > infection towers in that order of importance.

RA/BR = as it is well-known now, this combination has excellent 1v1 damage output, but is quite bad at handling mobs. Damage shines in waves 6/7/8, but applying WB remains a priority. Good class to take out infection towers and infected VTOLs.

GU/HU = I really did not like playing this as GU/HU. It was okay for a few waves, but then I felt completely useless. I have done four runs as GU/HU, but I doubt I will be gunner ever again for MDB: Despair. I'm not even sure why, it was a good class on the previous two MBD missions.

FO/TE = I have actually tried all elements on this, so...
    -Fire: not very useful, highly unadvised. I could not find one technique that was really useful in the mission.
    -Ice: the second best technique element to use in the mission from what I have played, strong against groups as well as single targets, and freeze is extremely useful. Throw a card, then Zondeel + Rabarta = frozen Goldrahda for the reaping.
    -Lightning: ugh... if crafted well, Zonde, Sazonde and Gizonde can do a lot of damage in here and shock is ever so useful, but I really do not recommend this element.
    -Wind: the best element to use in my experience. Efficient Sazan is virtually unlimited PP and stunningly strong. Ilzan and Razan are severely disruptive, although Goldrahda are immune to either effect, they're very useful techniques against Luda Sorcerer, El Ahda, Solda-type darkers, Solza Brahda, etc.
    -Light: despite the fact that most monsters in there are weak to light, it was not as useful as ice or wind. Ragrants and Gigrants have huge DPS potential against groups, but you will rarely be close enough, and in 1v1 situations, Ilgrants wins. Still a good choice, and confusing Goldrahda is also very useful (throw a card and cast the crafted Nagrants that hits 9 times and has a 10% bonus to panic).
    -Dark: I did not like it at all. I felt that outside of the 30 seconds of PP Convert, my damage was pretty insignificant. I have crafted Ilmegid to do more damage (but slower), and got a very good result (great success and all), but still, I found the DPS to be severely lacking. I also felt even less useful in the final waves with all the bosses, and had to resort to ice techniques. Monsters also seem to highly resist poison.

Overall FO/TE with ice and wind trees is my favourite class to play this mission. The one as which I feel the most useful.
    Dark to be useful, you need to have a specific build and gears that deals 8k+ per il megid, it's mainly useful for the mobs, and only really useful if you have another or more FO using Il Megid backing you up, if you're the only one...well..you can get them aggro on you~
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

ran with team and got both S rank by havng everyone use mechs on wave 8. also was restricted to 60/60
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    by havng everyone use mechs on wave 8.
    Oh gee, did you figure out this amazing strat all by yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    Oh gee, did you figure out this amazing strat all by yourself?

I wish there was a way to force longer max distance in PSO2.
    It's fkn ridiculous that people don't fade in until they're right in front of you.
    After playing BnS (which has much higher res textures and higher polys) it's kinda sad that PSO2 has so much trouble loading characters and keeping models onscreen.

Hopefully Ep3 being able to see multi on the damn map will alleviate some of the issues of not knowing where the hell anyone is.
    Imagine how much time everyone is wasting right now because we don't know where everyone is.