Page 680 of 684 FirstFirst ... 180580630670677678679680681682683 ... LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 6832

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    Majority of antivirus programs employ a type of background analyzing that if certain programs match preexisting code in their database, it'll flag it as a virus. The tweaker hooks into PSO2's exe for plugin loading, most antiviruses will think it's some virus and attempt to terminate it. So yes, your AV can be the issue, and if you have read past pages on this thread, majority of the solutions have you set exceptions to your antivirus.

I see. I made sure to do that before. Windows firewall was turned off the day I got this computer. I just straight up uninstalled Malware Bytes because you can't turn it off at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I have read that Windows sometimes does not allow users, including Administrators, to modify or create files in C:\ and in system folders if your Windows is Home version. Personally I have not encountered that, but it could be that.

If your Windows is not Home, and since it affects only the .exe file, it might be your AV, or Windows defender. If neither of those are the culprit, I unfortunately do not know where else you could look.
    It's strange because I have other folders in C: that work just fine. I even one of those UE4 Zelda demos exe's that's in a folder in just C: and I can run it without issue.

It's specifically PSO2 and specifically C:

It's strange but provided the game continues running like it is in Documents, I suppose I'm just going to leave it there.

I even wanted to test setting ownership of C: drive to myself but that's just risky even as a test so I decided not to.
    Last edited by Sesheenku; Jul 30, 2018 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesheenku View Post
    I see. I made sure to do that before. Windows firewall was turned off the day I got this computer. I just straight up uninstalled Malware Bytes because you can't turn it off at all.

It's strange because I have other folders in C: that work just fine. I even one of those UE4 Zelda demos exe's that's in a folder in just C: and I can run it without issue.

It's specifically PSO2 and specifically C:

It's strange but provided the game continues running like it is in Documents, I suppose I'm just going to leave it there.

I even wanted to test setting ownership of C: drive to myself but that's just risky even as a test so I decided not to.
    It's cause gameguard is an anti-cheat rootkit. It needs to be placed somewhere where it can inject itself into your system and start scanning. It's why it needs administrator.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's cause gameguard is an anti-cheat rootkit. It needs to be placed somewhere where it can inject itself into your system and start scanning. It's why it needs administrator.
    I see, so perhaps If I run into problems with the current folder I'll try setting the pso2.exe to run as administrator too.

Hey guys, when can we expect the next story translation update?
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Hey guys, when can we expect the next story translation update?
    Probably never, all of our translators working on the story moved on in life and don't have the time to spend anymore on it. It's just become me and another dude + various randoms who contribute, but we all do UI and stuff.

Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Probably never, all of our translators working on the story moved on in life and don't have the time to spend anymore on it. It's just become me and another dude + various randoms who contribute, but we all do UI and stuff.
    Oh, well this sucks

BTW, I'm one of the 13% on your Patreon site who votes for the story mode
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

We rarely browse here, so the quickest way to get our attention is via our discord, and our github. I have forwarded your issue to the others however.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    That's... a really odd issue. And it opens our discord link, specifically? And only when you hit game start? Does clicking the links in the top portion work?
    Yes, it's always discord invite link when "Start PSO2" button pressed, it never open link to the other stuff like skill sim or telepipe. Clicking the link to the discord invite itself worked just fine.
    I think it only happen under certain circumstance. I found the trigger.
    Pressing "Start PSO2" button when tweaker still trying to checking PSO2 update/plugin/patch update, before it says "System ready!" will result in tweaker opening browser with discord invite link. There's very rare occasion that it'll open browser regardless.
    I tried to recreate this situation many times for some test, so far i got the tweaker to do this every time.
    Last edited by wefwq; Jul 31, 2018 at 04:53 AM.

Please stop opening discord automatically, it's really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    Please stop opening discord automatically, it's really annoying.
    It doesn't unless you click it or have something externally clicking it.

EDIT: Was also informed that having the tweaker crash by using task manager or it just crashing in general will also cause this behavior.
    Last edited by Sirius-91; Jan 29, 2019 at 04:12 PM.

What? That is still automatically, though.
    And it's still annoying. Most browsers (notably Chrome) switch to the new tab and whatever else tab you had focused is now unfocused so if you have more than one tab of that paeg open (e.g. several youtube tabs) you have to search which the correct tab was.
    There is no reason at all to automatically open discord other than bother people, if you want an easy access make a big button somewhere or such, but this is just silly.