Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title pretty much says it all. I start up PSU and Gameguard just sits at "connecting..." and then eventually the PSU window pops up and I get an error about the Gameguard server.

I've turned off anti-virus, disabled my firewalls, tried repairing my wireless connection, deleted the gameguard folder, and I've tried playing on a network at another person's house as well.

I tried it for about 2-3 hours yesterday and quite some time today to no avail. Any thoughts on why gameguard's being retarded would be greatly appreciated.

Might help people help you if you specify which anti-virus program you are using :3

And which Gameguard error.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

As to which anti-virus, it is AVG, but I don't think that really makes a difference since I can have it disabled and persist to have the same problem. As for which Gameguard Error, it's unfortunately in Japanese but from what I can make out it has to do with connecting to the update server since the connecting status just hangs there for a few minutes.

Have you tried reinstalling the game?

That's the one option I'm hesitant on. My ID & Pass are saved when I log in, and apparently being the crazy guy I am I remember my password but not my username. If I could get in to see it I could safely reinstall, but if I could get in I wouldn't be in this strange predicament.

I've seen this particular problem before. The only reliable solution I know for it is reinstalling.

EDIT: If you are worried about reinstalling, why not just choose a seperate install directory? You can have multiple PSU installs at one time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2008-04-06 18:02 ]</font>

Well, through some sheer miracle and about 5 system restores, I was able to get the game to open, but I had to run it through the administrator. While doing so a friend reminded me of what my username is so I was able to test and confirm what my username and password are, so I have them jotted down and I'm reinstalling. Hopefully things will go smoothly.

I've officially tried everything. I've reinstalled it and gameguard still will not connect. Help

Edit: What's strange is I can run it if I do it as the Administrator, but not through normal means.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spellbinder on 2008-04-07 00:18 ]</font>

On 2008-04-07 00:16, Spellbinder wrote:
    Edit: What's strange is I can run it if I do it as the Administrator, but not through normal means.
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by this statement?