Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PSO2 - Gameguard Crash 114 - Please help :) (DXDIAG included)

Hi everyone,

DXDIAG

Spoiler!

I was playing PSO2 just fine yesterday until gameguard started crashing on me once I closed the game. Ever since yesterday whenever I load up PSO2 I am stopped by the gameguard 114 error screen showing a bunch of problems with my gg .erl files.

I've been searching the forums trying to find a fix for this and there seems to be no definite fix as of yet. But I'm assuming that people are still able to play since I was fine yesterday.

Things I've tried:

1) run as admin for all the .exes
    2) read only the .erl files
    3) update my windows
    4) disable my firewalls (using comodo and eset)
    5) click the third button and then the first button on the launcher
    6) Went through task manager to delete uneeded processes

I double click the psolauncher.exe --> press game start --> get the PSO2 picture with the guy standing there --> Gameguard at the top left starts to initialize and authenticate --> it disappears --> PSO2 logo with gg appears in the middle of the screen and then bam the knight with gg pops up with the .erl errors and the send/do not send option.

Normally the game window would open at this point but I've been stuck.

Today in the morning I saw GG patch a file called gameguard.ini or something it was quite small.

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out here. Thanks!
    Last edited by rysashiii; Aug 16, 2012 at 11:07 AM.

bump.

Just tried gamebooster 3 - didn't work

Anyone know how to make exceptions for games on comodo or eset?

Things I would suggest you try since your system is a 32 bit version of Windows (the major problems seem to be centred around the x64 versions of Windows right now).

First, if you haven't, restart. Because GameGuard uses a driver to hide the PSO2 and GameGuard processes on 32 bit systems, you can't see them, but they have had a history of not exiting correctly.

If that doesn't help, go to the PSO2 directory and delete the GameGuard directory. This should force it to redownload all of the files.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana-Chan View Post
    Things I would suggest you try since your system is a 32 bit version of Windows (the major problems seem to be centred around the x64 versions of Windows right now).

First, if you haven't, restart. Because GameGuard uses a driver to hide the PSO2 and GameGuard processes on 32 bit systems, you can't see them, but they have had a history of not exiting correctly.

If that doesn't help, go to the PSO2 directory and delete the GameGuard directory. This should force it to redownload all of the files.
    Huh..... So they are hidden from processes in the task manager.... I did not know that. He might not be able to restart then, I've been having trouble restarting, logging off, and shutting down my computer after playing PSO2 because my computer goes nuts and stays at 100% CPU usage. Though I am not sure if this person will have the same problem.

It seems Gameguard reacts differently to every computer.
    Need a Ship 9 Friend? Just give me a ring!

Quote Originally Posted by Renzer View Post
    Huh..... So they are hidden from processes in the task manager.... I did not know that. He might not be able to restart then, I've been having trouble restarting, logging off, and shutting down my computer after playing PSO2 because my computer goes nuts and stays at 100% CPU usage. Though I am not sure if this person will have the same problem.

It seems Gameguard reacts differently to every computer.
    This only happens on 32 bit versions. It can't happen on 64 bit versions because it would require kernel patching to modify the behaviour of certain functions, but 64 bit versions of Windows have kernel patch protection that results in this not being allowed to happen.
    The major bout of problems on x64 versions of Windows was GameGuard going in and trying to block access to certain kernel objects, and block certain IPC methods that a lot of applications take for granted and use, not just cheat programs. The fact that web browsers that uses flash gets killed shows this since x64 IE uses COM via named pipes or TCP/IP and Firefox uses it's own architecture but just communicates via named pipes or TCP/IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana-Chan View Post
    This only happens on 32 bit versions. It can't happen on 64 bit versions because it would require kernel patching to modify the behaviour of certain functions, but 64 bit versions of Windows have kernel patch protection that results in this not being allowed to happen.
    The major bout of problems on x64 versions of Windows was GameGuard going in and trying to block access to certain kernel objects, and block certain IPC methods that a lot of applications take for granted and use, not just cheat programs. The fact that web browsers that uses flash gets killed shows this since x64 IE uses COM via named pipes or TCP/IP and Firefox uses it's own architecture but just communicates via named pipes or TCP/IP.
    That's weird, because I'm sure I'm using a 64 bit version of Windows 7, though I am not 100% sure. Are there different versions of PSO2 to download?
    Need a Ship 9 Friend? Just give me a ring!

Quote Originally Posted by Renzer View Post
    That's weird, because I'm sure I'm using a 64 bit version of Windows 7, though I am not 100% sure. Are there different versions of PSO2 to download?
    There's only one version.
    But Gameguard on 64bit acts odd.
    I haven't had a problem with it at this time.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Nope, same version, but x64 versions of Windows can run 32 bit applications. PSO2 is a 32 bit application, so both 32 bit and x64 versions of Windows can run it with no problems.
    This ability is brought to you by the technology called WoW64.

The real differences between platforms is how GameGuard is acting. It was never tested in a live environment where the stuff that they are attempting to block on x64 systems are used even by system components. Well, these same methods was even used on 32 bit Windows for general applications too, which makes me wonder why they even went down this route.

I've tried restarting a couple times, I'm still getting the 114 msg. I've tried making exceptions through my firewalls and turning them off as well.

Does it have something to do with the gamemon.des and gameguard.des?

I've deleted the gameguard folder and it did redl, but I was still stopped right before the game loads. Anything else I can try? If i reinstall the game, would I have to patch the 3gigs again?

I'm thinking that it isn't my firewalls since they didn't block the game last night. So what would be randomly causing GG to act up?

Is there anything wrong with my dxdiag report?

Thanks again! really appreciate it