Post Can't install English patches via Tweaker

First off, hello forums, I finally got around to trying to play PSO2 after hoping beyond hope it would be officially released in English. Ha ha, joke's on me.

Anyway, I'm running Windows 8.1. I installed the game using the English installer from Arks Layer. Then the Tweaker. Right off the bat, the Tweaker tells me that 7za.exe and UnRar.exe are corrupted, and tries 5 times each to redownload a working version before moving on. Well, I can still use the tweaker to install PSO2 updates, and the English Story patch. But when I attempt to install the other English patches or update the story patch, I get an error message saying:

"ERROR - The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform."

Also, a Windows error box pops up that implies the file downloaded is intended for use by a 16-bit OS. I attempted to remove all of the files for both programs, the game and the Tweaker, and reinstall both, but the same issue occurred.

Before I uninstalled, I launched the game and it ran smoothly, just not in English other than subtitles for story events. The game itself is running beautifully. But my Japanese is rusty and was never that good to begin with, so this is sub-optimal. :P

EDIT: I used the Troubleshooting features built in to the Tweaker as others on the forums have said, but none of the available options have fixed the issue.
    Last edited by Kihanacloudy; Jan 17, 2015 at 01:47 AM.

Can't link directly to it, but you can get the patches separately and manually install them into PSO2's win32 directory.

Well, after jumping through a few hoops I got everything working! Manually installing them didn't even cross my mind. It seems that my Tweaker is downloading incorrect versions of 7za.exe and UnRar.exe, and the corrupt versions of those files were causing the issues with the Tweaker.

Thanks for the help!

Hello Kihanacloudy, i'm having a similar issue with the tweaker my issue is i keep getting: "File ef848be2c7dba8c67dfe8da94e92bb15 does not exist! Perhaps it wasn't extracted properly? [FAILED!]". I'm unsure of what to do, but it seems like you fixed your problem and i was wondering how i would go about doing it manually. Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the delayed response on this!

If you Google PSO2 english patch, the site you need should be the first result, a forum post by Agrajag- you need to download the files from the post, then extract them to your game's win32 folder. Should be pso2_bin/data/win32. Story patches won't be available this way, though, so you'll have to find some other way for those. I, personally, just decided to deal with the incomplete story patch I got to function and work on my Japanese in the interim.

Hope this helps!