Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinDeer View Post
    I think you're all being a little harsh. It makes sense from a developer stand point to start off with the bare minimum then dribble in features(cooldown resets, more boss options etc.) later on. Throwing everything in at once, no matter how trivial it may seem, has potential to be a buggy mess. Not to mention not everyone is interested in damage numbers and optimal rotations so its not exactly top priority for them. If there's still interest in this, they'll update it
    Spoiler!

In other news, I hit 10 mil on rockbear on bow.
    this game makes Sega a lot of money, pretty much one of their top games, every game company pretty much goes through Bug tests before pushing out updates, naturally nothings perfect so some bugs get through but can be patched the next maintenance if need be, I think a lot of people here praise Sega a little too much with the low effort content they put out. theres no reason they cant push out big patches of content and instead drip (just like with PSU) content the way they do, oh a new scratch every 2 weeks, ok big whoop, still nothing to do in game that isnt boredom levels of running things like EnQ (nothing wrong with EnQ but its basically the only thing to do during massive downtime aside Dailies/Weeklies) and specific EQ's.

What I'm getting at is, they have the team to manage great content and while its speculative that they've probably divided it up to work on PSO3 or higher ups pulling and putting other people elsewhere (im doubtful considering again this is money maker, not the main source though), they can put out great content that won't die off so fast or rather get people to keep running it long than a week or two, I already ranted about other content like UH fields being bad but im not going to go into it again.

Wonderful example of this is this weeks Lilipa UH boost, how dead that field is still with maybe an mpa going because of PSO2 days boost

EDIT: but on point, added your choice of any boss in game to a training area should have been a thing or just a training dummy because after years of seeing that invincible Rockbear during streams it felt like a meme finally brought in to the game instead of some more practical for people to rely on instead of getting inconsistencies with a mobile boss. Hell, monster hunter world lets you practice on a pole and a wheel barrely of boxes for DPS checks and that isnt even an MMO
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Sep 22, 2019 at 02:30 AM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

I mean, we have had plenty of other dick measuring methods already, be it titles, time attacks, affixes... There's even a damage parser out there to weed out the plebs from the few elite ones that have the most perfectest units and shortcuts and macros installed.
    So why a Rockbear, now? Why 5 attempts? Why 20 seconds, for Katana Combat or something?
    The results are not even stored anywhere, you're left free to record and keep track of whatever you achieved.

If it's supposed to be some sort of training dummy room that expands to all other bosses (bar the EQ ones) then why not.. But seriously? In Year 7? Without any sort of relevance to story or quest progression like Koffee orders? I don't know, man.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

not everyone is interested in damage numbers and optimal rotations

In other news, I hit 10 mil on rockbear on bow.
    that is literally the point of the quest.

highest bow i've seen from anyone was 8m, would really like to see how you managed 10m

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    that is literally the point of the quest.
    I never said it wasn't the point of the quest.

highest bow i've seen from anyone was 8m, would really like to see how you managed 10m
    https://youtu.be/kYwj6V8Qg4E
    Miss timed a pene, but still 10m
    Last edited by PenguinDeer; Sep 28, 2019 at 12:26 PM.

Meanwhile i'm sitting here at 3.5m because Te's strength is to attack multiple mobs and not a single one.

After quick test i was a bit under 3M with Phantom, a bit under 5M with Gunner, and a bit under 4M with Fighter, so my goal was to broke those limits :

FI/HU - Atlas EX TD
    Spoiler!

GU/FI - Atlas EX TMG (build in progress, currently 85/75)
    Spoiler!

Ph - Lightstream Katana
    Spoiler!

Team buff + shifta drink + shifta each time
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

I never said it wasn't the point of the quest.

https://youtu.be/kYwj6V8Qg4E
    Miss timed a pene, but still 10m
    "Not to mention not everyone is interested in damage numbers" - this statement makes no sense then in the given context of talking about a DPS measuring quest.

nice job with the bow, someone mentioned not being able to double hit pen, they must just have been standing at the wrong distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Meanwhile i'm sitting here at 3.5m because Te's strength is to attack multiple mobs and not a single one.
    are you using techs/compounds?

Using compounds is kind of a cheat, I broke 10m with it when I can't reach 3m with any Techs as Te/Fo.

For me the purpose of this training quest is to allow players who do not participate in theorycrafting or use external tools to have a way to see what PAs, Techs, Equipment, Builds etc. are better performance-wise. I belong to those, and it's this training that made me realize that just because an ability outputs larger numbers, it is not better than some other ability that outputs smaller numbers but at either higher frequency or lower PP cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Using compounds is kind of a cheat, I broke 10m with it when I can't reach 3m with any Techs as Te/Fo.

For me the purpose of this training quest is to allow players who do not participate in theorycrafting or use external tools to have a way to see what PAs, Techs, Equipment, Builds etc. are better performance-wise. I belong to those, and it's this training that made me realize that just because an ability outputs larger numbers, it is not better than some other ability that outputs smaller numbers but at either higher frequency or lower PP cost.
    not really a cheat when its apart of Te's kit since that last update, it works just fine so if anything spam il Grants or something since Hammer takes forever to charge vs Il Grants -> Zanverse -> Compound. If you aren't using compounds, I guess look at anything tech you would use for bossing like you would as a Fo or Ph, couldnt tell you outside a mix of wand smacks and tech usage. Just anyone playing Te shouldnt expect massive numbers either
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

are you using techs/compounds?
    I do, am Te/Ph with LS Wand but in mobbing content I Zondeel+Bonk and enemies melt instantly so either i do something wrong (which is very possible) or the quest is just unfair to Te.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    not really a cheat when its apart of Te's kit since that last update, it works just fine so if anything spam il Grants or something since Hammer takes forever to charge vs Il Grants -> Zanverse -> Compound. If you aren't using compounds, I guess look at anything tech you would use for bossing like you would as a Fo or Ph, couldnt tell you outside a mix of wand smacks and tech usage. Just anyone playing Te shouldnt expect massive numbers either
    Zanverse is ignored in this "deal as much damage as possible" E-Trail. This is True for Striking dummy and Free Field E-Trials or else Te would always be nr.1