Thread: what did i do

Default what did i do

My first experience of PSO2 today, spent the whole 6hrs and a bit playing it. Must say i'm impressed, not at all like my experience of PSU.
    However, i had a couple of mishaps whilst trying to navigate the Japanese game menus.
    I created a ranger character.
    1. I did a couple of quests and got to LV3, but then i did something and suddenly i'm back to LV 1?
    2. After this i noticed i could no longer equip any guns, just swords?

how on earth did i manage to do that?

Might have to start again with the open beta if i can't easily resolve it.
    Cheers

you switched you class to Hunter accidentally, it looks like.

Thats a menu option from within the game?

No, I believe it's selectable up at the counter where you spend your skill points. If you were ever messing around randomly with some NPC menus, that might have done it.

Sounds like you talked to the Class Management guy in the lobby.
    In the lobby there's a counter on the left side after you walk up the steps into the square/bench area, the tall guy in the middle of the three NPCs allows you to switch classes and manage your Skill tree.

I believe it's the second option that opens a menu to switch classes, I only switched once. You can tell which class you're switching to by the icon beside the japanese text, Wand for Force, Sword for Hunter, and Gun for Ranger.

Oh yeah, there was lots of messing around in menus at counters! hehe

I did notice the change after being at a counter. I guess if i change it back it will revert to lv 1 again, so i may as well just recreate my character when the open beta starts.
    Cheers

You will have to create a new character anyway. All characters will be wiped one last time...

Actually your class still has it's levels you gained, well did now that the character files are wiped for the next Beta, you can freely switch between classes now at that counter without risking losing any levels.

The tutorial popups can be copy pasted into Google Translate, so when it talks about skill trainers or shops, you can find out which kind which are by translating into Engrish.

Yeah, i did do a lot of copy and pasting into Google translator, but knowing i only had a few hours i wanted to get on with it and took a few risks lol

After being a pso fan since the dreamcast release, And still a blue burst player on the private servers, i've been really looking forward to this, so much so i've ordered a new/secondhand graphics card specially lol. Well actually mine is having major issues with random lines everywhere and blacked out polygons etc so i've got no choice. Moving from 7900GS to GTS250